Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 633 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #9481
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Who did you speak with that told u to apply to plastics without adhesion promoter. Highly doubt that was eric, i talke to him 3-4 times hetting ready to spray my stuff and everytime we talked about my mce fenders he preached the adhesion promoter. And you say you didnt use mek the first time you applied, because you've painted before without it. IT SAYS IT AT LEAST 4X in the directions to wipe with mek, before sanding and after. You say the rusty areas that you didnt prep are sticking fine but other areas peel? Im sure the rusty areas are or were rough, the liner had more surface, texture, grit, to stick to on the rusty spots which makes me think the surgace you scuffed (or didnt scuff) was too smooth. The mek helps remove grease and oils that you may not be able to see. Just because your jeep looked clean doesnt mean it was. Were you wearing gloves while you prepped? You could clean an area of grease and then touch it with your bare hands that contain natural oils and u have a dirty surface again. This might be stretching it but i know when i painted my frame i was ocd with wiping prepall and painting with gloves. I didnt want any adhesion issues.

BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #9482
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719
Who did you speak with that told u to apply to plastics without adhesion promoter. Highly doubt that was eric, i talke to him 3-4 times hetting ready to spray my stuff and everytime we talked about my mce fenders he preached the adhesion promoter. And you say you didnt use mek the first time you applied, because you've painted before without it. IT SAYS IT AT LEAST 4X in the directions to wipe with mek, before sanding and after. You say the rusty areas that you didnt prep are sticking fine but other areas peel? Im sure the rusty areas are or were rough, the liner had more surface, texture, grit, to stick to on the rusty spots which makes me think the surgace you scuffed (or didnt scuff) was too smooth. The mek helps remove grease and oils that you may not be able to see. Just because your jeep looked clean doesnt mean it was. Were you wearing gloves while you prepped? You could clean an area of grease and then touch it with your bare hands that contain natural oils and u have a dirty surface again. This might be stretching it but i know when i painted my frame i was ocd with wiping prepall and painting with gloves. I didnt want any adhesion issues.
That's how it's weird. It comes off in the places I feel it would best stay on. And I literally just pulled a couple inches off. I. It's have hit something cause a chunk is missing. Im Getting rid of the flares. Ill try and contact Eric again i guess. I'm glad most people have good luck. But you gotta remember that not everyone is as lucky. Clearly I have to remove body parts now.. I'm voicing my experiences. And when I used MEK I did use gloves I didn't want that toxic crap on me lol
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #9483
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4

That's how it's weird. It comes off in the places I feel it would best stay on. And I literally just pulled a couple inches off. I. It's have hit something cause a chunk is missing. Im Getting rid of the flares. Ill try and contact Eric again i guess. I'm glad most people have good luck. But you gotta remember that not everyone is as lucky. Clearly I have to remove body parts now.. I'm voicing my experiences. And when I used MEK I did use gloves I didn't want that toxic crap on me lol
If Eric would reply this would be a heck of a lot easier
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #9484
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Just letting you guys know I finally got ahold of Eric and I think I got a solution. It was a stressful area where the monstaliner was applied. It wasn't anyone's faults but now I know I just need to fix it. I'm going to take off my fender flares due to a very large amount of monstaliner coming off then trim it then bedline over it and also do my doors. Still thinking on if to use monstaliner or not. We shall see, sorry that I kinda bashed it, didn't mean to. I've just had a very crapppy experience. Hopefully it'll look nice after its done. Kinda sad that I'm gonna have to get rid of the flares but then again it'll look tough as &&&& when it's done! Again I'm sorry
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #9485
domer1
1968 CJ7 

Quick question. I am doing my prep for this weekends jeep tub Monstliner install. I painted the jeep prior and got Hotrodz Flat Tan overspray on the inside over the original white jeep paint. Do I need to get it all off or can I just scuff it with the supplied scuff pads. Some is removed but if the paint overspray is thick it wont budge. I assume if the MEK removes it then that will be ok too.
domer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #9486
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

What is the recommendation for applying the liner to bare steal
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #9487
domer1
1968 CJ7 

No MEK in California

Crap just went to Home Depot and Lowes and found out that Calif has banned MEK and Xylene. I called the makers of Monstaliner and he said that stuff I got from Kleanstrip called Industrial Maintenance Coating Thinner is ok to use. It says on the can be used in place of MEK, Toluene, Xylene and VM&P Naphtha. I hope so because its going in tomorrow. I will let everyone know how it goes
domer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #9488
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer1 View Post
Crap just went to Home Depot and Lowes and found out that Calif has banned MEK and Xylene. I called the makers of Monstaliner and he said that stuff I got from Kleanstrip called Industrial Maintenance Coating Thinner is ok to use. It says on the can be used in place of MEK, Toluene, Xylene and VM&P Naphtha. I hope so because its going in tomorrow. I will let everyone know how it goes
Ha why do people even live in California anymore? I heard there gonna ban pencils next.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #9489
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well all I can say is I did mine in Aug and it still looks awesome! Key word as said before is PREP! I could not peel mine off if I wanted to, The underside of the tub was Epoxy primed and Then Monsta was applied with in the recoat window, the interior and engine bays were Epoxy primed but not painted with in the recoat window so everything was scuff sanded and wiped down with MEK(substitute) before application. Still looks as good as the day it went down.

1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #9490
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

OMG ^^^

Beautiful work. You could freaking eat out of that engine bay...
Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #9491
lextorhazzen

monstaliner promocode

Does anyomeknow how often Monstaliner does they're promo for free shipping i have an order id like to place thats about $700.00 and id like to be able to save a little bit
lextorhazzen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #9492
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextorhazzen View Post
Does anyomeknow how often Monstaliner does they're promo for free shipping i have an order id like to place thats about $700.00 and id like to be able to save a little bit
They might do an Easter one? Call and make sure they wont raise the price soon if you plan in waiting.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #9493
martymars

Is this stuff used as rust prevention? I live in Canada and I'm looking for something I can use on my rockers and the bottom of my doors.
martymars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #9494
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just ordered another 2 gallon kit. I have alot of stuff to coat. This stuff is amazing. I have had it in the interior of my LJ since it was first introduced here and it looks as good as the day I put it on.
182.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #9495
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymars View Post
Is this stuff used as rust prevention? I live in Canada and I'm looking for something I can use on my rockers and the bottom of my doors.
We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.
this was on the first page in this thread.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.