Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 632 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #9466
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391

Hmm, I hope the monster liner guy chimes in and explains because I'm having second thoughts about doing my Jeep with it.
He was active in the thread until I said something lol.. I really thought I was the only one who was having problems until I found other threads about it. So I know that I'm not the only one. Also I noticed it cracks and does scratch when I think I remember them saying it was flexible and scuff resistant. I got some sweet scratches lol and that's not the prep work. That's the product hands down.

ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #9467
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Is there even a warranty on this stuff? Just thought about that..
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #9468
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm sure there is some kind of warranty but I would imagine that it would be hard to argue. A lot of it comes down to prep work and I understand that most of us pay attention to going that extra mile. I too have experienced lifting when I did my tub. It's only a small area but its very upsetting after spending the money for it to lift. I just figured I would fix it when I recoat it. I have an LJ so the two coats are thinner then I would like but holding up well. I know after rolling it and dealing with the roller coming apart I would definitely spray it the next time!
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #9469
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55
I'm sure there is some kind of warranty but I would imagine that it would be hard to argue. A lot of it comes down to prep work and I understand that most of us pay attention to going that extra mile. I too have experienced lifting when I did my tub. It's only a small area but its very upsetting after spending the money for it to lift. I just figured I would fix it when I recoat it. I have an LJ so the two coats are thinner then I would like but holding up well. I know after rolling it and dealing with the roller coming apart I would definitely spray it the next time!
Yeah that would be there only argument is prep work...
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #9470
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hope magnetman chimes in soon too, its sad to see cherokee point fingers and blame without anyone to defend it.

I'll start by saying ive done several jobs using monstaliner, a few of my own and a few for others, ive even been paid to do one job, but i havnt had ANY issues with monsta. Both myself and the people whos vehicles i have done are rather impresse with it, and while i'm no professional, i did a ton of research and reading on monsta before i decided to do my whole jeep, interior black, and exterior urine trouble. I dont know why zcherokee4x4 has had so many issues, could be a bad batch which i doubt, magnetman had been mixxing this stuff for a lon time and he puts alot backbone behind his product and the QA part of it.

I know your not happy he hasnt replied to you. Be it that hes busy or hes dodging you, i cant say, but hundreds of ppl have used the liner with zero issues, and the few that have had issues either contact him and get it fixed or raise a big stink like you for a bit on this forum and then get there problem fixed for free on magnets dime and look like toolbags later.

As far as a warranty goes, the only warranty is a 5 year no fade for the liner. The product is uv protectant so its no spose to fade.

As far as scratches... C'mon people. Its a DIY bedliner that costs $120, not a bulletproof shield. Its not rhino and its not linex, and it doesnt come with the $500-800 price tag either. if thats what you want, then dont buy this stuff. Monsta was made as a competitor to herculiner, another $100 diy liner that has a rough rubber texture, fades in sunlight, and is hard to wash clean. My point is, monsta was meant for inside truck beds, and jeep tubs, it was never intended as an exterior paint, thats something we came up with. It holds up great driving through thick brush and taking beatings from gravel roads. But bounce it off a rock ledge or tree and any paint or liner is gunna chip, crack or peel. I caught my door in the car lift and it wrinkled my door and caused a spot around the door handle to crack and peel. Since then, 2 mos ago, i havnt had any more of the liner peel, and next summer i'll buy another quart and re-apply the liner.

Prep prep prep, most important part to any paint job. I dont get why yours went ba cherokee, but it you used mek to wipe down all surfaces and scuffed or sanded the area the liner should stick pretty well. Maybe grease or dust settled on yours before you applied liner, maybe your neighbor was grilling chicken and the smoke carried over and greased the surface, i dont know, but get another gallon and drive your jeep to ny and i will do all the work and apply it myself, and that **** will stick
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #9471
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post
He was active in the thread until I said something lol.. I really thought I was the only one who was having problems until I found other threads about it. So I know that I'm not the only one.
While you and some others may have had an issue, that can't hardly be the norm given the total amount of users. If what you're implying was true there would certainly be more negative reviews than there currently are.

As for Eric's involvement in this thread, it's laughable that you honestly think it's because of you. If I had to guess, I'd say he's probably just a tad busy with cleanup/getting things back on track from the hurricane and getting ready to move the company to their new location. But you never know, maybe it is all because of you...

If you're actually having legitimate problems with the product, how about giving some actual details like what you did to prep, materials used, how it was applied, what the weather was when you applied, etc. Pictures would be good as well...

Again, there are plenty of us who have had great results with Monstaliner; if you're having issues, I'd be willing to bet it's more likely to be user error than anything else. At least until we start seeing more claims of this, there really isn't much reason to suspect otherwise.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #9472
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719
I hope magnetman chimes in soon too, its sad to see cherokee point fingers and blame without anyone to defend it.

I'll start by saying ive done several jobs using monstaliner, a few of my own and a few for others, ive even been paid to do one job, but i havnt had ANY issues with monsta. Both myself and the people whos vehicles i have done are rather impresse with it, and while i'm no professional, i did a ton of research and reading on monsta before i decided to do my whole jeep, interior black, and exterior urine trouble. I dont know why zcherokee4x4 has had so many issues, could be a bad batch which i doubt, magnetman had been mixxing this stuff for a lon time and he puts alot backbone behind his product and the QA part of it.

I know your not happy he hasnt replied to you. Be it that hes busy or hes dodging you, i cant say, but hundreds of ppl have used the liner with zero issues, and the few that have had issues either contact him and get it fixed or raise a big stink like you for a bit on this forum and then get there problem fixed for free on magnets dime and look like toolbags later.

As far as a warranty goes, the only warranty is a 5 year no fade for the liner. The product is uv protectant so its no spose to fade.

As far as scratches... C'mon people. Its a DIY bedliner that costs $120, not a bulletproof shield. Its not rhino and its not linex, and it doesnt come with the $500-800 price tag either. if thats what you want, then dont buy this stuff. Monsta was made as a competitor to herculiner, another $100 diy liner that has a rough rubber texture, fades in sunlight, and is hard to wash clean. My point is, monsta was meant for inside truck beds, and jeep tubs, it was never intended as an exterior paint, thats something we came up with. It holds up great driving through thick brush and taking beatings from gravel roads. But bounce it off a rock ledge or tree and any paint or liner is gunna chip, crack or peel. I caught my door in the car lift and it wrinkled my door and caused a spot around the door handle to crack and peel. Since then, 2 mos ago, i havnt had any more of the liner peel, and next summer i'll buy another quart and re-apply the liner.

Prep prep prep, most important part to any paint job. I dont get why yours went ba cherokee, but it you used mek to wipe down all surfaces and scuffed or sanded the area the liner should stick pretty well. Maybe grease or dust settled on yours before you applied liner, maybe your neighbor was grilling chicken and the smoke carried over and greased the surface, i dont know, but get another gallon and drive your jeep to ny and i will do all the work and apply it myself, and that **** will stick
If there are so many happy customers then they can defend it. I'm not trashing it at all I'm just letting you all know my experience. I've prepped blah blah blah used Mek it was clean as a whistle I could have eaten off of it honestly. And as I stated before there was one part I didn't even prep. I didn't even plan to bedline it. I just decided to cover it for now. It was my rear rusted quarter panels. Dirty and rusty. Bedlined right over it. It takes mud rocks dirt everything. Still on perfect. So don't say it was my prep work. Maybe the first time around but not the second time around. And the customer service is horrible. For me.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #9473
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman

While you and some others may have had an issue, that can't hardly be the norm given the total amount of users. If what you're implying was true there would certainly be more negative reviews than there currently are.

As for Eric's involvement in this thread, it's laughable that you honestly think it's because of you. If I had to guess, I'd say he's probably just a tad busy with cleanup/getting things back on track from the hurricane and getting ready to move the company to their new location. But you never know, maybe it is all because of you...

If you're actually having legitimate problems with the product, how about giving some actual details like what you did to prep, materials used, how it was applied, what the weather was when you applied, etc. Pictures would be good as well...

Again, there are plenty of us who have had great results with Monstaliner; if you're having issues, I'd be willing to bet it's more likely to be user error than anything else. At least until we start seeing more claims of this, there really isn't much reason to suspect otherwise.
Yes I'm stupid as a door knob and definitely did everything wrong. Here's how I did it. Both times. First time around I called asking for measurements and what it could be DIRECTLY applied too. I made sure to ask I fit could be applied to my plastic flares. The guy was like " yes it can be applied to almost anything" come to find out, it doesn't . I needed an adhesion promoter which would have been fantastic to know. So I get why it be coming off the flares. But that's their fault not mine. Anyways then I removed the side trim of my jeep and sanded it down and got it scruff end up real nice.cleaned it good ( no I did not use MEK) but I haven't used MEK on a lot of stuff and it turned out just fine. Rolled on in a closed garage in relatively warm weather due to the fact it was summer. Did second coat blah blah blah. Took tape off, sprayed mist when they told me too. Let sit for at least 4 days before I even drove it. 2 weeks before I wheeled it. Started coming off not too long after. Every time is wash it, more and more would seem to be gone. So finally I emailed, called etc. took a month to get ahold of Eric. Bought more. It came in and he said scruff down the existing monstaliner until its not shiny anymore. I did. Then I did use MEK. A lot and applied the first coats. Then second and took ape off and sprayed mist. It started coming off not even a month later. First time.. Maybe user error. Second time wasn't. I talked to Eric a lot going through the steps before I did it the second time.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #9474
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719

, but get another gallon and drive your jeep to ny and i will do all the work and apply it myself, and that **** will stick
Please do
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #9475
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd love to believe everything you're trying to say, but given that you can't hardly express your own thoughts it's hard to really understand what you did.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #9476
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman
I'd love to believe everything you're trying to say, but given that you can't hardly express your own thoughts it's hard to really understand what you did.
I'd love to know where I went wrong (if I did go wrong) because I'd love for it to not happen anymore ya know? I'd love to have Bedliner that stays on! Lol the only thing that is good about it (to me) is that it really does clean well. Ad if I could upload pictures I would and let you see what you think and see if you can give me input on it! Maybe see what went wrong but until then I'm at a loss because I don't see what went wrong and I've done it twice now and it keeps falling off. Frustrating, that's all.
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #9477
Macmqs
2013 JK Wrangler 

Whats the best color match to a factory red? on a yj or tj? Im thinking lady in red.
Macmqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #9478
tangotag
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I hope this thread doesn't go the way of the Chassis Saver thread.
Once rust started coming through in less than a year from application. The thread and promotions went dead.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/o...3/index25.html
tangotag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #9479
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

BAMF- I'm glad you weighed in! Your TJ in Urine Trouble looks freaking killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post
[sic]I removed the side trim of my jeep and sanded it down and got it scruff end up real nice.cleaned it good ( no I did not use MEK) but I haven't used MEK on a lot of stuff and it turned out just fine. Rolled on in a closed garage in relatively warm weather due to the fact it was summer. Did second coat blah blah blah. [sic]
emphasis mine. From all the instructions, videos, and comments from Eric, I've gathered that MEK pretty much is mandatory for perfect adhesion. Since I haven't actually used the product myself yet, I cannot comment from experience, but I can say that you did in fact, deviate from the instructions given, and that could be why you have a problem.

So far my personal experience with Eric has been excellent. He has answered all my questions fully, and I even spoke with him on the phone last week. He decided to help me out by sending me a small amount of primer (on the house) so we could conduct an adhesion test on my Rhino Liner to be sure that the primer and the Monsta will properly adhere without issues. He seems to go the extra mile, and fully stands behind his product which is rare in this day in age.

Just my .02
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #9480
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post

Thank you got chiming in. You brought my confidence in the product back up and I will use this product and I will remember prep prep prep. Now we just have to wait for tax returns! :-)
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.