Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 630 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Reply
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #9436
bobthecatkiller
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: binghamton, newyork
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21
Hey magnet man I messaged you a couple questions. for a 4 door jeep Cherokee exterior would I need the 2 gallon kit. I also do you just dump the titable stuff into the gallon and mix it?
A 2 gallon kit should work just fine for the outside of a 4dr xj

__________________
officer: What where you doing down by the river?
me: awww ahhhh awwww exploring?
officer: mudding?
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #9437
hewesyourdaddy
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond Hill, GA
Posts: 176
BAMFpullin719, great looking job. I'm going to roll my tub. I've got a large compressor but I've never sprayed anything using it. I could probably mess it up pretty good. Wouldn't know where to start with thinning the product for the right spray consistency, best method for correct application thickness, etc. If Monstaliner truly rolls out like I have seen in other guys pics then I don't think I can go wrong.
hewesyourdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #9438
BAMFpullin719
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fonda, New York
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewesyourdaddy
BAMFpullin719, great looking job. I'm going to roll my tub. I've got a large compressor but I've never sprayed anything using it. I could probably mess it up pretty good. Wouldn't know where to start with thinning the product for the right spray consistency, best method for correct application thickness, etc. If Monstaliner truly rolls out like I have seen in other guys pics then I don't think I can go wrong.
True statement on the rolling, lots of jobs look great and alot less time masking and taping, but if it makes you feel better i had zero experience with spraying any type of paint other than a rattle can. Got to do my frame and get a slight feel for it and then a week later i did the interior of tub with black monsta, directions say to reduce with 4oz mek per gallon and maybe more when needed. I then 2 toned a white truck for a buddy with black monsta with no issues, did another truck bed with black with no issues, and when it finally came time to do my jeep i didnt work gast enough, while mixing in the second pot between filling the hopper on gun i scraped off some semi dry liner into the mix and got some larger chunks stuck on my doors when i did them. Not hugely noticable but i will be fixing over the summer and was so mad i screwed up on my project of all of them. Thats stubborn and cheap me tho, shoulda taken the help when it was offered by my buddy and i coulda avoided it by buying another mixing bowl instead of using one for both gallons. Dont be afraid of the spray at all tho, except the smell, that will kill ya. Its pretty neat and alot of fun, applying coats is a much faster job with the spray gun, but you spend more time taping
__________________
"4 low, 2nd gear, skinny peddle on the right"
bought not built, broke, then rebuilt
you thought you had rust? [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wasnt-me-my-2000-tj-weekend-warrior-1269820/[/url]
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #9439
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewesyourdaddy View Post
Magnetman, my Jeep is solar yellow. If Urine Trouble wasn't supposed to be a match for that color then that's one heck of a coincidence.... I may end up doing the grille, too.
Urine Trouble was made to match solar yellow at someone elses recommendation. I discontinued Sunshiny Day when we cam out with that

URINE TROUBLE chips are available now. I need to update the chip request form to include it and remove Sunshiny ...
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #9440
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Magnetman,

I was getting ready to order a 1 gallon kit of Predator (that's the correct amount for the exterior of a YJ right?) but I stopped when I noticed that you recommend white primer. My YJ has half the exterior of the tub already Rhino Lined in black. The rest is factory white paint. I did some googling but couldn't find a good answer to whether or not you can prime over Rhino Liner. People who tried had good luck with self etching primer, but I seem to remember reading in one of these threads that self etching primer and Monstaliner don't play well together. Am I remembering that correctly?

What, if anything, do you recommend I do? I finally settled on a color, but I don't want to proceed if I'm going to have less that satisfactory results. I'd honestly rather go with my 2nd choice color instead of ending up with a trashy, half-as$ed looking job.

Any insight/help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
quoting myself since I think ya missed my questions on the last page

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #9441
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Magnetman,

I was getting ready to order a 1 gallon kit of Predator (that's the correct amount for the exterior of a YJ right?) but I stopped when I noticed that you recommend white primer. My YJ has half the exterior of the tub already Rhino Lined in black. The rest is factory white paint. I did some googling but couldn't find a good answer to whether or not you can prime over Rhino Liner. People who tried had good luck with self etching primer, but I seem to remember reading in one of these threads that self etching primer and Monstaliner don't play well together. Am I remembering that correctly?

What, if anything, do you recommend I do? I finally settled on a color, but I don't want to proceed if I'm going to have less that satisfactory results. I'd honestly rather go with my 2nd choice color instead of ending up with a trashy, half-as$ed looking job.

Any insight/help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Self etch primer to the best of my knowledge is only supposed to be used direct to bare metal. The acid etches a profile in the metal and it leaves a thin coating behind. I would not wing that and put it over old Rhino. I would use epoxy primer before anything else after cleaning well and scuffing the old liner.

You going to need more than 1 gallon of Predator for the exterior and you need to prime with white primer first. You should call me in the afternoon any day to discuss and I'll help you fig this out

Post a pic of this partial Rhino exterior
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #9442
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,913
I work backwards sometimes and answer the Q's that need less thinking when I'm tired
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #9443
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,913
Hurricane delayed price increase is now scheduled for February 15th
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #9444
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
What is the coolest temperature the liner can be applied in?
Can the liner be applied to chrome or stainless steal?
You can go between 50 - 60 degrees just keep the heat in that temp range for 3 - 5 hours after your 2nd coat is done

Chrome should be coarse (50 grit) sanded to get the shiny surface off and then epoxy primed

Stainless should be med scuffed (80 grit) and epoxy primed first
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #9445
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Self etch primer to the best of my knowledge is only supposed to be used direct to bare metal. The acid etches a profile in the metal and it leaves a thin coating behind. I would not wing that and put it over old Rhino. I would use epoxy primer before anything else after cleaning well and scuffing the old liner.

You going to need more than 1 gallon of Predator for the exterior and you need to prime with white primer first. You should call me in the afternoon any day to discuss and I'll help you fig this out

Post a pic of this partial Rhino exterior
Thanks! I'll give you a call tomorrow then and post some pics in the morning as well. I'm really trying to avoid days of grinding and dozens of flapper discs to remove the Rhino. Since I'm using Monsta anyways the texture won't be a problem, just getting a different color to stick!

Anyways, I'll drop you a line tomorrow. Thanks for the support.

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #9446
ZCherokee4x4
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abilene, Kansas
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Magnetman,

I was getting ready to order a 1 gallon kit of Predator (that's the correct amount for the exterior of a YJ right?) but I stopped when I noticed that you recommend white primer. My YJ has half the exterior of the tub already Rhino Lined in black. The rest is factory white paint. I did some googling but couldn't find a good answer to whether or not you can prime over Rhino Liner. People who tried had good luck with self etching primer, but I seem to remember reading in one of these threads that self etching primer and Monstaliner don't play well together. Am I remembering that correctly?

What, if anything, do you recommend I do? I finally settled on a color, but I don't want to proceed if I'm going to have less that satisfactory results. I'd honestly rather go with my 2nd choice color instead of ending up with a trashy, half-as$ed looking job.

Any insight/help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
What's wrong with the rhino liner that makes you wanna go over it? Rhino liner is 10x better. No offense.. Well kinda well mines over here chipping off no one will respond to my emails, I gave up calling cause Eric would never call back. This has happened twice now and it'd be worth the extra money to have gotten rhino liner instead. My tires rubbed my flars over the weekend and it cause it to crack off almost.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #9447
BAMFpullin719
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fonda, New York
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4

What's wrong with the rhino liner that makes you wanna go over it? Rhino liner is 10x better. No offense.. Well kinda well mines over here chipping off no one will respond to my emails, I gave up calling cause Eric would never call back. This has happened twice now and it'd be worth the extra money to have gotten rhino liner instead. My tires rubbed my flars over the weekend and it cause it to crack off almost.
He just wants a color besides black, eric had always been good about getting back to alot o people on this forum. Shoot him a pm and say something on this thread and he uually gets back soon. I cant belive how fast people attack him. Hes a relatively small business, tryin to expand, and remember monstaliner and jeepforum are only a part of his business, not the only business. And while customer service is an important part of any business, would you rather have to wait a couple days and talk to the boss, or have some dumb phone operator take your call and not know the answers to your questions? Have patience and keep trying him. Hes not ignoring or avoidin you, hes just busy. The quality of the product speaks for itself
__________________
"4 low, 2nd gear, skinny peddle on the right"
bought not built, broke, then rebuilt
you thought you had rust? [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wasnt-me-my-2000-tj-weekend-warrior-1269820/[/url]
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #9448
ZCherokee4x4
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abilene, Kansas
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719

He just wants a color besides black, eric had always been good about getting back to alot o people on this forum. Shoot him a pm and say something on this thread and he uually gets back soon. I cant belive how fast people attack him. Hes a relatively small business, tryin to expand, and remember monstaliner and jeepforum are only a part of his business, not the only business. And while customer service is an important part of any business, would you rather have to wait a couple days and talk to the boss, or have some dumb phone operator take your call and not know the answers to your questions? Have patience and keep trying him. Hes not ignoring or avoidin you, hes just busy. The quality of the product speaks for itself
I think it's just when he sees its not perfect then he puts it aside cause a lot of people have loved the fast response times while I waited over a month to get on the phone with him
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #9449
ZCherokee4x4
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Abilene, Kansas
Posts: 258
I get he's busy but if he's too busy he needs to get some assistants who know about the product.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #9450
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post
What's wrong with the rhino liner that makes you wanna go over it? Rhino liner is 10x better. No offense.. Well kinda well mines over here chipping off no one will respond to my emails, I gave up calling cause Eric would never call back. This has happened twice now and it'd be worth the extra money to have gotten rhino liner instead. My tires rubbed my flars over the weekend and it cause it to crack off almost.
Nearly every vehicle I have owned have been white or black vehicles and I want something BRIGHT. That and the idea of a bright colored paint that doubles as tough trail rash prevention is pretty cool to me. Also, to have the rest of the Jeep Rhinoed would be significantly more money. The current Rhino on it was done by the PO. The inside of the tub is also Rhinoed and that part of it I love. I just hate how the Rhino on it now just kind of...ends suddenly on the rocker. Probably my least favorite part of my YJ.

Honestly, as tired as I am of white, if the whole thing was white I still wouldn't mind. I still really like the white/black accents/some colored accents (recovery shackles, stickers, diff covers, etc) but the half and half look just ain't doing it for me! It reminds me too much of rigs you see driving around that must have been in a collision with front quarters, hoods, or doors that obviously came from a junk yard and are a completely different color than the rest of the vehicle...but I digress...

You've had bad luck with Monstaliner?

Anyways, pics worth a thousand words and all that....




I have a ton of work to do to it...It's just been so 'effing cold and I'm still recovering from a serious injury I suffered last year, so rolling around on the ice/snow/slush hasn't sounded that appealing. I finally have a warm garage cleared out at my sister's house so work can start soon. First things will be repainting the faded bumpers/carriers, installing my lift and getting rid of those god awful 2.5" lift shackles, replacing the flares, and Monstalining the exterior (or something ).

Thanks for the input.


EDIT: Am I alone in thinking that looks like total crap?
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.