Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 616 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #9226
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

This was about 3 hours before all hell broke loose and I watched the ocean move down the street about 20 mph @ 4 ft deep

dsc_1014.jpg  
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #9227
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Man, sorry to see that. Hope all goes well.

I was wondering how hot the monstaliner can get in the sun. I am thinking about putting one of the dark greens on my boat floor. Also, is it kinda slick when wet, looks kinda smooth.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #9228
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Man, sorry to see that. Hope all goes well.

I was wondering how hot the monstaliner can get in the sun. I am thinking about putting one of the dark greens on my boat floor. Also, is it kinda slick when wet, looks kinda smooth.
Thanks, getting better each day. I hear our building has power today but they are waiting on a mobile boiler for heat. What a mess and to think I'm moving to AL next year with twisters instead of hurricanes

Direct heat from sun will have no effect on ML. Naturally, the darker the color the more heat will be absorbed and retained so a lighter color may be better but this is your choice.

It can get slippery when wet. We have a non-skid material available that gets broadcast into the first wet coat and then 2nd coat gets rolled over the embedded grit to lock it in. I've posted pics here somewhere. I'll post them again if you want to see it.

Last edited by magnetman; 11-16-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #9229
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm getting a few irate emails from people because I have not responded to tech support questions in a week.

Everyone please stay cool as I'm working to clear everything up over the weekend. The past 3 or 4 months has been out of control and I definitely have neglected this thread. I apologize for this. If anyone has any pressing issues or questions needing fast answers just call my cell and leave a message if it goes to voice mail - 516-313-7865

I'm going to run a Black Friday Special with the Chassis Saver 2-for-1 deal.
Will post the deal with coupon codes by Mon-Tues

All backlogged chip requests are filled and getting picked up in the morning mail so everyone should receive them next week.
Unread 11-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #9230
Timeless
1987 MJ Comanche 

I'm over on Long Island, north of where Eric's business and home is, but I can attest, Long Island is still pretty f'ed up because of the hurricane. I'm on the north shore...where the ocean didn't swallow towns and wash away houses and people, and I only got power back this week. What is pictured above is not confined to one town or area, its hugely wide spread.

We all want answers from vendors immediately, but this is definitely atypical circumstances so lets cut Eric some slack and be patient.
Timeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #9231
Neuner-9R
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner-9R View Post
How is monstaliner different than an industrial epoxy paint that has UV properties?
Found this:
http://protective.sherwin-williams.c...gs%20Guide.pdf

Can be tinted to almost any color and they use it for long term extreme conditions like bridges and waste water treatment facilities with acid resistance. Don't know how monstaliner can be tougher?
Neuner-9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #9232
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner-9R View Post
Found this:
http://protective.sherwin-williams.c...gs%20Guide.pdf

Can be tinted to almost any color and they use it for long term extreme conditions like bridges and waste water treatment facilities with acid resistance. Don't know how monstaliner can be tougher?
Monstaliner is a urethane not an epoxy. That brochure is completely unrelated to any automotive paint type coatings. Epoxies are NOT UV stable and will chalk when exposed to sunlight.

I'll be back here tomorrow to catch up on old questions
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #9233
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanksgiving Week Shipping Schedule
We will be shipping only on Monday 11/19 and Tuesday 11/20, closed Wed 11/21 thru Fri 11/23
Shipping Monstaliner Black orders ONLY as the Monstashades tint system is down for maintenance.
Tintable Monstaliner shipping will resume on Monday 11/26
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #9234
Neuner-9R
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
That brochure is completely unrelated to any automotive paint type coatings.
I didn't say that it was or that it needed to be.

Okay, how is monstaliner different than an industrial urethane coating?
Neuner-9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #9235
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks, getting better each day. I hear our building has power today but they are waiting on a mobile boiler for heat. What a mess and to think I'm moving to AL next year with twisters instead of hurricanes

Direct heat from sun will have no effect on ML. Naturally, the darker the color the more heat will be absorbed and retained so a lighter color may be better but this is your choice.

It can get slippery when wet. We have a non-skid material available that gets broadcast into the first wet coat and then 2nd coat gets rolled over the embedded grit to lock it in. I've posted pics here somewhere. I'll post them again if you want to see it.
Thanks. How much do you think would be needed to cover a 5x4 floor in my boat. The quart? I think a lighter green would go good with the boat color and stay cooler.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #9236
wishfulthinking
1982 CJ7 

I'm sure this queston has been asked before and I've spent close to an hour going through the thread, but being 600+ pages....

I have ordered and received the kit that included the chassis saver. Has anyone used either the chassis saver or the ML in a wheel well? I've removed some rust spots in both of my rear wheel well and was thinking of painting the CS inside. There is still some OEA undercoating spray still there and seems to be a PITA to get off. should i just hit the sanded rust spots w\ CS or can the CS go over the old, but locked on, OEA undercoating? Would the ML hold up better in the wheel well then the CS will?

I may regret this but, suggestions welcome

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
wishfulthinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #9237
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Broke in the monstaliner interior with a pair of stilletto heels at a car show this morning. Not a scratch.
Don't think I would have cared either.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #9238
BrandonYJReed

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inovermyhead2
Broke in the monstaliner interior with a pair of stilletto heels at a car show this morning. Not a scratch.
Don't think I would have cared either.
I don't think anyone was looking at the monstaliner....

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #9239
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonYJReed

I don't think anyone was looking at the monstaliner....
yah everyone was looking at the huge.................tires on his jeep
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #9240
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post
yah everyone was looking at the huge.................tires on his jeep
This was strictly for research and development boys. At least that what I told the wifey.

Now Eric can add that to the FAQ's. "Does Monstaliner stand up well to Stiletto heels and BIG........ eh hem, Tires"

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.