Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 614 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 11-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #9196
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post
it fell off on the flares. Not metal
I assume you followed the proper procedure for lining the flares? If I remember correctly, there are a few caveats with coating them, and you need to prepare them correctly for proper adhesion. I can't remember exactly what all needs to be done since I've never been interested in bed lining fender flares, but I'm pretty sure I remember that it wasn't just a paint it on process.

geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #9197
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman

I assume you followed the proper procedure for lining the flares? If I remember correctly, there are a few caveats with coating them, and you need to prepare them correctly for proper adhesion. I can't remember exactly what all needs to be done since I've never been interested in bed lining fender flares, but I'm pretty sure I remember that it wasn't just a paint it on process.
Yep I guess when I asked them if it could be applied directly to my flares, they forgot to tell me I needed all that crap. So no I don't have that done right. But I could care less about the flares, plan on getting new ones soon anyways.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #9198
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep I guess when I asked them if it could be applied directly to my flares, they forgot to tell me I needed all that crap. So no I don't have that done right. But I could care less about the flares, plan on getting new ones soon anyways.
Now I'm confused; are you having problems somewhere else that you're not happy with, or is it just the flares? If it's just the flares and you could care less about them anyways I'm not sure I see what the problem is. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding altogether. Pics of what you're unhappy with?

If you talked specifically with Eric on the phone I would think he would have mentioned what needed done for the flares, unless I'm remembering incorrectly and there is no special prep. If you simply talked with some random person, I wouldn't bet on them knowing exactly what needs to be done. They can't hardly be expected to be experts on every single conceivable surface this could possibly be put on, especially when whatever information you need is within this thread. I know it's huge and finding information may be difficult, but it's all there.
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #9199
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Now I'm confused; are you having problems somewhere else that you're not happy with, or is it just the flares? If it's just the flares and you could care less about them anyways I'm not sure I see what the problem is. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding altogether. Pics of what you're unhappy with?

If you talked specifically with Eric on the phone I would think he would have mentioned what needed done for the flares, unless I'm remembering incorrectly and there is no special prep. If you simply talked with some random person, I wouldn't bet on them knowing exactly what needs to be done. They can't hardly be expected to be experts on every single conceivable surface this could possibly be put on, especially when whatever information you need is within this thread. I know it's huge and finding information may be difficult, but it's all there.
Okay forget the the flares this has nothing to do with it, that was last time when that fell off. I got more and now it's falling off again but forget it. I keep trying to get ahold of someone but all I get is, he will call you back. And I'm not waiting another month for customer service. I'll pick up some spray Bedliner and go over where it fell off or something. Or just color it in with a sharpie! It might last longer.. And I didn't have jeep forum the first time I did this. So no I did not have this information. And technical support should be able to answer that question. People may not have problems with it and that's good. I'm happy you don't have to redo it very couple of months and waste more money. The first time was partly my fault. But this time it's just stupid. You can say people haven't had many problems but now you know someone who has. There's a first for everything. Monstaliner being crappy is very possible. It's a cheap alternative to legit bedlining. So I guess I cant be usuthat frustrated.. Lol I just realized that. Monstaliner compared to the tough crap on my bumper which I believe is rhino liner? Not sure. I prepped it but had someone spray it on. Is night and day for me. I'm actually scared to wash the recently applied Bedliner. I'm just saying I'm not having any luck with the product or customer service. At all. I'm just putting my 2 cents in.
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #9200
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You absolutely can't compare Monstaliner to something like Rhino Liner or Line-X. I've had Line-X on another vehicle and it was a very nice product; Monstaliner isn't nearly as nice in my opinion. If money was growing on trees I would definitely have gone that route, but I just can't see wasting that kind of money for the inside of a Jeep tub. But if money was no object, I would go Line-X every time. That said, they're almost completely different products; Monstaliner is a DIY bedliner, and a pretty nice one at that. But it should never be expected to be an equal to something like Rhino Liner or Line-X. Just my 2 cents.

That's about the only thing I'll give you there. With Google I'd find it hard to believe that you couldn't have found what you needed regardless of being a member or not. And I'm sure it's frustrating not getting help quickly, but considering a hurricane just went through their area not long ago I wouldn't be surprised if the problem persists. And I'm certainly not saying there have been 0 problems with Monstaliner, but if you read through the thread you'll find that the majority of those who had them end up finding out that they caused their own problems for one reason or another.

Good luck

Edit: Looks like magnetman is here, hopefully he'll chime in and get you squared away.
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #9201
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You absolutely can't compare Monstaliner to something like Rhino Liner or Line-X. I've had Line-X on another vehicle and it was a very nice product; Monstaliner isn't nearly as nice in my opinion. If money was growing on trees I would definitely have gone that route, but I just can't see wasting that kind of money for the inside of a Jeep tub. But if money was no object, I would go Line-X every time.

That's about the only thing I'll give you there. With Google I'd find it hard to believe that you couldn't have found what you needed regardless of being a member or not. And I'm sure it's frustrating not getting help quickly, but considering a hurricane just went through their area not long ago I wouldn't be surprised if the problem persists. And I'm certainly not saying there have been 0 problems with Monstaliner, but if you read through the thread you'll find that the majority of those who had them end up finding out that they caused their own problems for one reason or another.

Good luck
I have searched it. The first time I did it. I tried finding out if it could be applied directly to the flares and I did not have or know of jeep forum at the time. But that's was last time haha, and I know the hurricane affected them. But I have gotten ahold of them. But not Eric he won't call back or answer. I get he is busy but I never had any trouble when I wanted to order the stuff...
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #9202
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry you're so unhappy with it, personally I couldn't be happier, and have had zero problems. Actually scratch that, the only problem I had was the foam roller falling apart towards the end and leaving pieces of foam in the liner. I couldn't care less about that though, the liner gets used, and who cares if there is a couple pieces of foam. It's a trail rig, not a frame up restoration.

I've found it to be super, super durable. Hell, the first thing I do when someone looks inside and asks me about it pull out my pocket knife and stab it and whack on it. Their eyes always get wide when they see that and want to know more.

I've even hit it with a map torch in an inconspicuous place out of curiosity, and all it did was discolor.
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #9203
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO
Sorry you're so unhappy with it, personally I couldn't be happier, and have had zero problems. Actually scratch that, the only problem I had was the foam roller falling apart towards the end and leaving pieces of foam in the liner. I couldn't care less about that though, the liner gets used, and who cares if there is a couple pieces of foam. It's a trail rig, not a frame up restoration.

I've found it to be super, super durable. Hell, the first thing I do when someone looks inside and asks me about it pull out my pocket knife and stab it and whack on it. Their eyes always get wide when they see that and want to know more.

I've even hit it with a map torch in an inconspicuous place out of curiosity, and all it did was discolor.
It did take a heck of a hit from when I hit a huge rock. I was surprised nothing fell of or was scratched. It dented and everything and the Bedliner stayed intact. And unfortunately the spot where it got impacted chipped off about a couple weeks later haha.
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #9204
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Eric, any luck on that paint? I have been waiting about 6 months, I am afraid my supplies are going to get old if I don't get it going soon...
Thanks.. Dennis in Tucson
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #9205
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

It looks like this thread has been loosing some steam lately so I thought I'd post some finished pictures of my Pyroclastic Monstalined CJ7. Eric was extremely helpful throughout the process and I opted to roll it instead of spraying and I couldn't be happier with that decision. the texture came out perfect! not too rough and not too smooth.

Eric, if you are going to be at the shop Monday, maybe late morning, I'd like to take a ride by to show it to you in person. I'm sure you are going to love it.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #9206
JeepJohn92
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I just started working after being unemployed for two years, and by work i mean WORK. 13 hours a day everyday which means sometime in the not so distant future ill be making an order for black rollers. the thing is though is that I wont find the damn time for it until spring.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #343
Built not bought.
JeepJohn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #9207
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
But I have gotten ahold of them. But not Eric he won't call back or answer. I get he is busy but I never had any trouble when I wanted to order the stuff...
My understanding is that Eric had to evacuate his home for the hurricane here on Long Island. I believe he is living with family temporarily. I have to assume that is probably why you can't get in touch with him. A lot of homes were destroyed here and left people homeless or at the least, severe damage to their homes. Eric lives in one of the hardest hit areas on Long Island. I'm sure he has his hands full. Try and have a little compassion, hell, we can't even get gas for our cars right now.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #9208
jrp78

I let time slip on me and its gotten cold here in VA. I haven't used my kit yet but I could do it in my garage with heat. I have a small propane heater such as the one pictured but would it be safe? I see it says monstaliner is flammable. Yes, I do have a respirator. My shop is roughly 25'x15' with 12' ceiling.

jrp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #9209
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp78 View Post
I let time slip on me and its gotten cold here in VA. I haven't used my kit yet but I could do it in my garage with heat. I have a small propane heater such as the one pictured but would it be safe? I see it says monstaliner is flammable. Yes, I do have a respirator. My shop is roughly 25'x15' with 12' ceiling.

You will be fine if you roll it on because you are not atomizing anything into the air. Truthfully, even spraying you should be ok because it is not as fine as paint. You would have to have a pretty extreme volume of chemical buildup in the air to cause any kind of issue. I have painted cars with base coat/ clear coat in my garage with a kerosene bullet heater going and had no issue. Just make sure you use the respirator because the isocyanates in the monstaliner are very harmful due to the fact that they are tissue reactive and can cause cancer and other really bad stuff.

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift

Unread 11-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #9210
jrp78

Quote:
Originally Posted by inovermyhead2 View Post
You will be fine if you roll it on because you are not atomizing anything into the air. Truthfully, even spraying you should be ok because it is not as fine as paint. You would have to have a pretty extreme volume of chemical buildup in the air to cause any kind of issue. I have painted cars with base coat/ clear coat in my garage with a kerosene bullet heater going and had no issue. Just make sure you use the respirator because the isocyanates in the monstaliner are very harmful due to the fact that they are tissue reactive and can cause cancer and other really bad stuff.
Good deal. Thanks! I plan on rolling it and I've got a good respirator
jrp78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.