Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 613 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #9181
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post
How long do I have to wait to wash my vehicle and preferably the Bedliner? It's been drying since last Wednesday. Is it okay to wash it now? Or does it have to fully cure
It should be more than fine. Spraying it down with water will help it cure faster and is actually recommended when you’re totally done.

My Monstashades kit dried scary fast. I believe I stripped the interior Friday night. Saturday morning as soon as the sun came up I started scuffing the interior and laying down Chassis Saver in the very few spots it needed it. I mixed the Monsta and laid down the first coat, closed the extra up, waited 3-4 hours, added MEK to the rest of the Monsta since it was like super thick cake batter at that point, and laid the second coat.

By the time the sun was going down I was lightly misting it, and by the next morning I was full on soaking it down with the hose every time it would dry up. By the evening of the next morning I was putting the interior back in.

Unread 11-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #9182
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Cool... And are you freaking kidding me... It's already falling off.... I just redid it all and it hasn't even cured before it started falling off.. I am officially not happy with this crap.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #9183
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Cool... And are you freaking kidding me... It's already falling off.... I just redid it all and it hasn't even cured before it started falling off.. I am officially not happy with this crap.
Not sure what to tell you man. Get Eric on the phone and talk with him directly. The vast majority of us have not had any problems at all, so it has to be something you are, or are not doing unfortunately.
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #9184
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
The vast majority of us have not had any problems at all, so it has to be something you are, or are not doing unfortunately.
Exactly; even though this has been said many times, for some reason people still seem to point fingers at a proven product rather than themselves.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #9185
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman

Exactly; even though this has been said many times, for some reason people still seem to point fingers at a proven product rather than themselves.
I've been talked thru it. I did it right. I used over half a gallon of Mek cleaning. It was prepped perfectly. Yeah I might have messed up the first time but not this time. Unless it managed to unsaid it self and get dirty in the 2 minutes I switched from cleaning to rolling it on. I guess I rolled it wrong?
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #9186
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've been talked thru it. I did it right. I used over half a gallon of Mek cleaning. It was prepped perfectly. Yeah I might have messed up the first time but not this time. Unless it managed to unsaid it self and get dirty in the 2 minutes I switched from cleaning to rolling it on. I guess I rolled it wrong?
Unfortunately the only person there was you, so there is no real way of telling what went wrong. Could you somehow have gotten a bad batch? Sure. But you can't argue with the amount of success had when used properly.

Regardless, I'm sure you will be taken care of properly; Eric is a very good person to do business with.
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #9187
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman

Unfortunately the only person there was you, so there is no real way of telling what went wrong. Could you somehow have gotten a bad batch? Sure. But you can't argue with the amount of success had when used properly.

Regardless, I'm sure you will be taken care of properly; Eric is a very good person to do business with.
It took me a month to even get a hold of him to tell him about my problem. He had no trouble talking to me when I ordered it tho.. Oh well, I won't have any luck with hurricane sandy going on. I think their phones and everything are down if I spend anymore money on this. I might as well get it done Professionally. I just don't see how I could go so wrong that it falls off within 4 days. I did everything that was instructed and did it again. It was 70 degrees out when I did it and it was in a ventilated garage, I just don't get it. Frankly I'm just tired of bedlining it that's all.
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #9188
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

It very well could have been me, I've done this twice now. And I'm not new to painting stuff. Its just frustrating when you spend all that money and do all that work just to have it fall off. I am not a professional but I would think it would last longer then a couple of days even if I did do it terribly wrong.
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #9189
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It very well could have been me, I've done this twice now. And I'm not new to painting stuff. Its just frustrating when you spend all that money and do all that work just to have it fall off. I am not a professional but I would think it would last longer then a couple of days even if I did do it terribly wrong.
Can you post some pictures of the area's that are Falling Off?
I did my interior in black and my engine compartment in grey on three different occasions (2 of which were very humid conditions) and was very happy with my results. It has been on since late Aug and early Sept. Nothing is even close to falling off...
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #9190
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims-87YJ

Can you post some pictures of the area's that are Falling Off?
I did my interior in black and my engine compartment in grey on three different occasions (2 of which were very humid conditions) and was very happy with my results. It has been on since late Aug and early Sept. Nothing is even close to falling off...
Yes, it'll be later though. Once I'm home
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #9191
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would be surprised to hear it was a bad batch, I'm sure the QC at Magnet Paints is absurdly thorough.

Also, if it were a bad batch, there would likely be far more reports of issues. When you're dealing with paint/bedliner/whatever kind of chemical or paint in the kind of volume that they do, massive batches with hundreds or even thousands of gallons of the product are made at once.

I'm pretty sure all Monstaliner starts out life as the greyish goop you see in the tinted kits before adding color and then is filled into kits, or tinted black if we're talking about the original Monstaliner.

ZCherokee, what kind of surface are you applying it to? Is it painted? Clear coated? Factory paint or aftermarket?
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #9192
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO
I would be surprised to hear it was a bad batch, I'm sure the QC at Magnet Paints is absurdly thorough.

Also, if it were a bad batch, there would likely be far more reports of issues. When you're dealing with paint/bedliner/whatever kind of chemical or paint in the kind of volume that they do, massive batches with hundreds or even thousands of gallons of the product are made at once.

I'm pretty sure all Monstaliner starts out life as the greyish goop you see in the tinted kits before adding color and then is filled into kits, or tinted black if we're talking about the original Monstaliner.

ZCherokee, what kind of surface are you applying it to? Is it painted? Clear coated? Factory paint or aftermarket?
It was applied over the previous Bedliner that was falling off. That Bedliner is on painted metal.
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #9193
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It was applied over the previous Bedliner that was falling off. That Bedliner is on painted metal.
Had you talked with Eric about applying the Monstaliner over the previous product, and the proper way to do so?
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #9194
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So the Bedliner was applied over Bedliner that was already falling off? That's probably the first problem, it's adhering to Bedliner that doesn't have good adhesion to begin with.

You said the metal was painted, but what kind of paint? Factory paint? Rattle can paint? One part paint? Two part professionally sprayed?
Unread 11-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #9195
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO
So the Bedliner was applied over Bedliner that was already falling off? That's probably the first problem, it's adhering to Bedliner that doesn't have good adhesion to begin with.

You said the metal was painted, but what kind of paint? Factory paint? Rattle can paint? One part paint? Two part professionally sprayed?
Eric talked me through it before i applied it and factory paint. But where it's falling off now was no where near where it was falling off before. it fell off on the flares. Not metal

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.