Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 610 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #9136
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims-87YJ
I believe that after it is cured you have to scuff sand and MEK wipe down then Coat. I am sure someone else will verify or correct. It looks good.
Exactly, it sticks to itself very well, scuff, wipe and go.

Unread 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #9137
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Mine fell off. And so far the customer service sucks. I know I'm not the only one who's had problems cause one time when I called and said it was falling of, they said this" are you the one who called this morning?" ha no but thank god I'm not the only one. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #9138
semperfi1919
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post
Mine fell off. And so far the customer service sucks. I know I'm not the only one who's had problems cause one time when I called and said it was falling of, they said this" are you the one who called this morning?" ha no but thank god I'm not the only one. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Fell off, did you use a primer or did you scuff and go with the liner, and what kind of solvent did you use, Im asking cause I just finished mine yesterday and pray I dont have the same problems, But I can say Eric has been top notch on all the questions I have had, from phone calls to emails. Hope it all works out for you man..
semperfi1919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #9139
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi1919

Fell off, did you use a primer or did you scuff and go with the liner, and what kind of solvent did you use, Im asking cause I just finished mine yesterday and pray I dont have the same problems, But I can say Eric has been top notch on all the questions I have had, from phone calls to emails. Hope it all works out for you man..
I've called numerous times and they said someone would call back, but no one ever did. Sent emails and even messages Eric but nothing. Oh and even facebook! And scruff and go with Bedliner and I can't remember but it was cleaned very well and ready for the Bedliner. It's falling off my flares because appearantly you have to buy a special adhesion. They forgot to tell me that when I flat out asked, "will this stick to plastic" so those I can't blame but it's just falling off everywhere now, want pics? It's easy to roll on and looks okay but it falling off is not cool and them not helping isn't cool either.
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #9140
semperfi1919
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
I've called numerous times and they said someone would call back, but no one ever did. Sent emails and even messages Eric but nothing. Oh and even facebook! And scruff and go with Bedliner and I can't remember but it was cleaned very well and ready for the Bedliner. It's falling off my flares because appearantly you have to buy a special adhesion. They forgot to tell me that when I flat out asked, "will this stick to plastic" so those I can't blame but it's just falling off everywhere now, want pics? It's easy to roll on and looks okay but it falling off is not cool and them not helping isn't cool either.
Dang man, I feel your pain, I hope mine sticks well. I would hate to go through all that work again, I had the same problem with the paint I sprayed my frame with, but I didnt get it through magnet paints, I painted it almost 3 months ago and still will just peel right off.
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #9141
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Well I can't restart, I guess it's permanent? Except for the places it's already fallen off. Im sure you'll have better luck. Maybe I just messed up somewhere.. Either way I need to talk to someone over there.
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #9142
semperfi1919
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Well I can't restart, I guess it's permanent? Except for the places it's already fallen off. Im sure you'll have better luck. Maybe I just messed up somewhere.. Either way I need to talk to someone over there.
How long after it was applied before it started to come loose on you..
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #9143
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Couple months
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #9144
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well unfortunately mine never made it past this weekend! As of today there is a spot a little bigger than a quarter that has lifted up and all you see is primer and is continuing to lift! Very frustrating and more than I can say on the forum without being banned! Overall I wish there was more info pertaining to the prep work. I have painted many motorcycles and autos and the prep has always been the key. And on bare gas tanks we use self etching primer and not once have I had any issue, but after being told on the effects of ML and Self Etching primer, Eric told me to use Rustoleums Auto primer and I did just that, but it hasn't even made it 48hours and the ML is already flaking off! And the only thing in my jeep right now is my seat so I can get to work! I haven't sent Eric an email but based off his superior customer service this weekend I hope he can shed some light on this minor failure!
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #9145
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55
Well unfortunately mine never made it past this weekend! As of today there is a spot a little bigger than a quarter that has lifted up and all you see is primer and is continuing to lift! Very frustrating and more than I can say on the forum without being banned! Overall I wish there was more info pertaining to the prep work. I have painted many motorcycles and autos and the prep has always been the key. And on bare gas tanks we use self etching primer and not once have I had any issue, but after being told on the effects of ML and Self Etching primer, Eric told me to use Rustoleums Auto primer and I did just that, but it hasn't even made it 48hours and the ML is already flaking off! And the only thing in my jeep right now is my seat so I can get to work! I haven't sent Eric an email but based off his superior customer service this weekend I hope he can shed some light on this minor failure!
Yeah not having a good experience...
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #9146
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

using adhesion promoter on plastics has been metioned numerous times in this thread. my MCE plastic fenders sprayed a month or 2 ago are still looking good. IF ANYONE HAS QUESTIONS PLEASE PM SOME OF US WHO KNOW THE PRODUCT. i have no problem answering questions, i've done 4 projects so far and havnt had any issues other than one that i caused. Tinga is usually good to answer questions, and im sure there are others
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #9147
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719
using adhesion promoter on plastics has been metioned numerous times in this thread. my MCE plastic fenders sprayed a month or 2 ago are still looking good. IF ANYONE HAS QUESTIONS PLEASE PM SOME OF US WHO KNOW THE PRODUCT. i have no problem answering questions, i've done 4 projects so far and havnt had any issues other than one that i caused. Tinga is usually good to answer questions, and im sure there are others
I didn't have jeep forum at the time when I used it. And I figured when I called and asked if it would work on plastic and they said yes. It would be fine.
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #9148
tsbrewers

I have a few spots that I sanded to bare metal. I ran around tonight looking for a spray can of epoxy primer and didn't have any luck. So I picked up a spray can of etching primer and used that. THEN, I read that I shouldn't have used it. I mixed up a batch of urethane primer surfacer (Omni mp182) since I had some here. I am wondering if that is ok to use the liner over, or if I should really go get some real epoxy primer and spray a sealer coat of that over my urethane surfacer? Thanks,

Brew

Last edited by tsbrewers; 10-13-2012 at 11:40 PM..
tsbrewers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #9149
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

All I have to say is PYROCLASTIC ROCKS!!!

I am so happy with the way the color turned out and thank you Eric for all your help.

I rolled the whole exterior and it took about 3 hrs on a 65 deg day with about 75% humidity. The tintable dries ALOT faster than the black. I had about 1 hour between coats compared to when I did the inside of the tub with the black and I had a good 3 hours. To my surprise, I was able to apply two thick coats over the entire body with 1 Gallon and I had about a cup left. I still have a whole gallon kit leftover. I assume it covered so well because it was applied over grey epoxy primer. Over all, I am thrilled with the results. The texture is perfect. Smooth enough to not trap dirt but rough enough to offer protection.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #9150
mooncruiser
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inovermyhead2 View Post
All I have to say is PYROCLASTIC ROCKS!!!

I am so happy with the way the color turned out and thank you Eric for all your help.

I rolled the whole exterior and it took about 3 hrs on a 65 deg day with about 75% humidity. The tintable dries ALOT faster than the black. I had about 1 hour between coats compared to when I did the inside of the tub with the black and I had a good 3 hours. To my surprise, I was able to apply two thick coats over the entire body with 1 Gallon and I had about a cup left. I still have a whole gallon kit leftover. I assume it covered so well because it was applied over grey epoxy primer. Over all, I am thrilled with the results. The texture is perfect. Smooth enough to not trap dirt but rough enough to offer protection.

Looks great!
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.