Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 604 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #9046
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I bought it with the discount deal, knowing I would have to hold off untill the end of summer. Now that the weather is coolin down and humidity is dropping I can get to it. Between bein in the field, medical issues and the disgusting weather, time has been an issue.

I am not doubting YOUR research skills, just making more of a broad statement. Too many people make knee jerk decisions on products with out researching and then ***** about the product.

USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #9047
semperfi1919
1976 CJ5 

Quick question, was wondering how long after applying new fiberglass down before I can monstaline over it.
semperfi1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #9048
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for my extended absence here. Been going nuts crunching numbers for upcoming price increase and setting up new computer system

Will be back here tonight and over weekend to follow up on any outstanding questions and issues
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #9049
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Do you get comparable results (as far as durability and UV protection) with the shutz gun as you would with a roller?
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #9050
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got my chip set today and right away noticed that the black has a very glossy finish and almost all the others are a very matte like finish. I'm just curious if there is a noticeable difference in the sheen or maybe my chips have been kicked around in the bin a while and the black is fresh?

I am having such a hard time deciding between changing the factory red to another color or just stick with read my lips and pyroclastic interior, hard top and flares.

I'm really liking apocalypse, predator, and purple people eater.

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #9051
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
Do you get comparable results (as far as durability and UV protection) with the shutz gun as you would with a roller?
I can't speak for Eric of course, but I don't see a reason why the durability or UV protection would be different. The product itself doesn't chemically change depending on how its applied.
Unread 09-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #9052
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The brown Santa delivered my 1 gallon tintable kit with Medium Quartz, the econo shutz and the free quart of silver Chassis Saver! Thanks, Eric!!!
The bottom of the tub is going to look like a million bucks! Gonna hold off on the application for about 4 weeks, so the temps here have a chance to cool down some.

Unread 09-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #9053
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead89 View Post
I can't speak for Eric of course, but I don't see a reason why the durability or UV protection would be different. The product itself doesn't chemically change depending on how its applied.
that was my thinking, thanks. Now Im just waiting on a pm return to order a couple gallons.
Unread 09-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #9054
BchCruzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5

definitely not. the underside of my jeep was within an inch of the muffler at one point. neither the liner under the jeep or inside the jeep directly above the muffler became even slightly soft. this stuff holds up very well to radiant heat.
Thanks Mike. I think that is the last tidbit I needed to decide. Now I have to figure out a time and place.
BchCruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #9055
okie1tonyj

Will monstaliner stick to plastic? I just lined the outside of my xj in pyroclastic and have a buddy that wants to do the plastics on his polaris rzr
okie1tonyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #9056
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1tonyj View Post
Will monstaliner stick to plastic? I just lined the outside of my xj in pyroclastic and have a buddy that wants to do the plastics on his polaris rzr
Good question, because I had thought about spraying my Bushwhacker fender flares with Monstaliner.
Unread 09-29-2012, 04:38 AM   #9057
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

plastic can be coated but you need to use an adhesion promoter, dont clean the plastics with any chemicals or use mek on them. scuff plastic with rough sand paper, wash with just warm soapy water, spray on 1 or 2 coats of adhesion promoter and monstaline away. i did my MCE fenders
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #9058
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719
plastic can be coated but you need to use an adhesion promoter, dont clean the plastics with any chemicals or use mek on them. scuff plastic with rough sand paper, wash with just warm soapy water, spray on 1 or 2 coats of adhesion promoter and monstaline away. i did my MCE fenders
I skipped the adhesion promoter because I had a hard time finding it locally, and it gets mixed/more bad than good reviews online. Guy at the Sherwin-Williams said it basically just etches the plastic so I would be OK with just a scuff, clean, wipe down. Held up so far on my CJ fenders, though I haven't really abused them...yet.
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #9059
mtbrchad
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Received my kit this week and started prepping Jeep last night and this morning to put the liner in. Once I scuffed the tub I realized I did not have any of the tape, no problem, I ran to Lowes to get some. I get back and tape the bed and get the paint ready and realize I also didn't receive the rolling pans that were suppose to be in the kit! A little disappointed that these items were missing from the box although this is not a beat up session. I am here to find out will a regular paint pan work from Lowes? This is my first attempt so I do not want to mess it up and use something that I should not. Thanks in advance.
mtbrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #9060
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman
Sorry for my extended absence here. Been going nuts crunching numbers for upcoming price increase and setting up new computer system

Will be back here tonight and over weekend to follow up on any outstanding questions and issues
Lulz, just when I was coming around to accepting the price I already though was too high. Farewell Monsta!

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.