Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 602 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 09-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #9016
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims-87YJ View Post
I believe Eric will extend the Promo, If you order and go to the check out screen and add promo codes it still should work, you will be able to tell before you commit...
For the Chassis save you need to add one to your cart then use the promo code for it to work (ask me how I know that...
I finally got around to placing an order for a tintable gallon with the Medium Quartz, the quart of silver Chassis Saver, and the econo shutz gun. This will be for lining the bottom of the tub. I'm in central Florida, so I'm going to wait another 4 weeks, and by then, hopefully it will be cooler, and less humid.

Unread 09-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #9017
Neudiin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie95Sahara View Post
Oh, I meant can I do a second coat after 12 hours, or do I need to wait longer.... I didn't mean can I let the mixed gallon sit for 12 hours.
lol looking back I see now what you meant.
Neudiin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #9018
Neudiin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCVTC View Post
Finished the monstaliner Red my lips. What do ya think?
Looks great. Is that a before pic outside with the lights on? annnd now I want some chocolate milk =)
Neudiin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #9019
DTCVTC
1986 CJ7 

Yeah thats the first gallon on the tub.
DTCVTC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #9020
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCVTC View Post
Finished the monstaliner Red my lips. What do ya think?
Looks good!
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #9021
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ok; picts of YJ back together.

qlfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #9022
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlfarm View Post
Ok; picts of YJ back together.

Good job
Unread 09-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #9023
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

So I bought the Monstaliner 2-gallon + Chassis Saver kit about 2 years ago with the forum deal. After completing multiple projects and getting the opportunity, I finally opened the first gallon of the Monstaliner to coat my newly fabricated & CS coating trailer tub. I found about the bottom 1/3rd of the can was a solidified rubber/gum like compound. I shook the crap out of the can and mixed it best I could with the wood stick + drill motor thingy (which subsequently bent) for at least 15 minutes. I added the activator and coated the trailer tub and tailgate, and tried to break the solidified mess at the bottom of the can down with MEK to no avail. What remained seemed to coat well, but not quite as thick as I'd hoped. Seems like I lost some product? Does this Monstaliner stuff have a short shelf life? Any suggestions from the vendor?
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #9024
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
So I bought the Monstaliner 2-gallon + Chassis Saver kit about 2.5 years ago with the forum deal. After completing multiple projects and getting the opportunity, I finally opened the first gallon of the Monstaliner to coat my newly fabricated & CS coating trailer tub. I found about the bottom 1/3rd of the can was a solidified rubber/gum like compound. I shook the crap out of the can and mixed it best I could with the wood stick + drill motor thingy (which subsequently bent) for at least 15 minutes. I added the activator and coated the trailer tub and tailgate, and tried to break the solidified mess at the bottom of the can down with MEK to no avail. What remained seemed to coat well, but not quite as thick as I'd hoped. Seems like I lost some product? Does this Monstaliner stuff have a short shelf life? Any suggestions from the vendor?
Well, I'm not sure I would call 2.5 years a "short shelf life"....seems like a long time to store any type of paint. You should probably contact Monstaliner (Magnet Paints) and discuss this with them.
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #9025
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am getting ready to do my install on my monstaliner and had a question on prepping. Has anyone had any issues with removing the factory seam sealer? Mine is peeling off on some spots and I am afraid that if I lay the monstaliner over it it will just come off later along with the liner. I have seen some pics in this thread and it looks like its been done before. But just ask g before I can go back in my work!
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #9026
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
I am getting ready to do my install on my monstaliner and had a question on prepping. Has anyone had any issues with removing the factory seam sealer? Mine is peeling off on some spots and I am afraid that if I lay the monstaliner over it it will just come off later along with the liner. I have seen some pics in this thread and it looks like its been done before. But just ask g before I can go back in my work!
I just took a blade and removed all the old seam sealer, bought a tube of new 3M seam sealer at a auto paint supply store, laid down a new bead. Once it cures (24hrs or less) you can put the ML right over it, that's what I did.
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #9027
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncruiser

I just took a blade and removed all the old seam sealer, bought a tube of new 3M seam sealer at a auto paint supply store, laid down a new bead. Once it cures (24hrs or less) you can put the ML right over it, that's what I did.
Do you have any pics of the seam sealer after you laid it down? I would assume to lay down a beam like you would if you we're chalking a bath tub! And I would only need to run a bead along the edges correct? I'm mainly talking about we're the tub steps up near the rear seat. And did you do anything for what it looks like sheets of sealer?
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #9028
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
So I bought the Monstaliner 2-gallon + Chassis Saver kit about 2.5 years ago with the forum deal. After completing multiple projects and getting the opportunity, I finally opened the first gallon of the Monstaliner to coat my newly fabricated & CS coating trailer tub. I found about the bottom 1/3rd of the can was a solidified rubber/gum like compound. I shook the crap out of the can and mixed it best I could with the wood stick + drill motor thingy (which subsequently bent) for at least 15 minutes. I added the activator and coated the trailer tub and tailgate, and tried to break the solidified mess at the bottom of the can down with MEK to no avail. What remained seemed to coat well, but not quite as thick as I'd hoped. Seems like I lost some product? Does this Monstaliner stuff have a short shelf life? Any suggestions from the vendor?
Unlimited I just read on the monstaliner website that the shelf life on an unopened can will last up to 12months! I'm surprised you got anything after waiting 2 1/2 years!
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #9029
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
Do you have any pics of the seam sealer after you laid it down? I would assume to lay down a beam like you would if you we're chalking a bath tub! And I would only need to run a bead along the edges correct? I'm mainly talking about we're the tub steps up near the rear seat. And did you do anything for what it looks like sheets of sealer?
I didn't take any pics of the sealer but you're right, just put a bead down like you are caulking a bathtub and smooth it with your finger. It doesn't have to be perfect since the ML is going to hide any imperfections. Just the edges, inside corners where the sheet metal of the tub and fenders meet. The seam sealer comes in a caulking tube and fits in a standard caulking gun. You can run a bead all the way down each side all the way along the sides and down where the roll bar bolts up...just anywhere you want a nice seam.

Last edited by mooncruiser; 09-25-2012 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: added text
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #9030
BeepBeepGoJeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

My dad has a really rusty old roof on his 72 ford service truck and he wants to clean it up good as he can then i guess use a spray on rust reformer then maybe some bondo and then he wanted to use a bedliner and i told him about Monsta liner but my question is im not sure to go with the 1 gallon roll on monsta liner or if it would be better to use the 1 gallon gloss black chassis saver instead? Any help would be great hes gonna be placing an order for whichever here real soon. Thanks.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.