Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 600 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #8986
rguynn
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlfarm
2 gallon kit came last Thursday (only a few days shipping time) and I was able to get my exterior painted yesterday. I just wanted to share a few here. I will add some to the Monsta thread in the paint section and probably do a full post there also.

I will get some good shots of it when it is back together and out of the shop.

Zombie Sunset rolled on a '90 YJ.

Eric: Thanks for all of the suggestions, question answering, customer service and a great product!

Pat

YJ before sanding/prep:

After first coat:

Finished:
I'm really digging this. I have a white YJ myself and zombie sunset is my favorite How did the texture come out. Can you keep it smoother if you want? I'm about to do my interior and I want the texture but for the exterior I think I'd want it smoother.

rguynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #8987
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguynn View Post
I'm really digging this. I have a white YJ myself and zombie sunset is my favorite How did the texture come out. Can you keep it smoother if you want? I'm about to do my interior and I want the texture but for the exterior I think I'd want it smoother.
The texture came out similar to an orange peel (best match I can think of). If you do any repairs to your Jeep make sure to use grey or light color primer. I was told that Zombie Sunset goes better over light colors than dark.
qlfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #8988
DeTeR

Has anyone ever used monstaliner for the inside of their toolbox? As a replacement for drawer liners?
DeTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #8989
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Where is a FAQ page for monstaliner? I'm looking into this but would like to know if I using epoxy primer is ok to use under monstaliner or just do it over the sanded original paint?
WranglerBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #8990
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Also sorry if I'm wrong but I think I remember reading a few post ago about people having issues with chasis saver. Something about some type of road salt chemically messing with chasis saver? Was that problem ever resolved or what?
WranglerBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #8991
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

No issues over Epoxy Primer I just did mine... try to do it within the re-coat window of the primer to avoid scuff sanding. The issue with road salt was not just chassis saver but any paint if I recall, it is when the salts get onto (into the metal) it can mess up the bonding of the paint/primer to the metal surface. If you go back to that thread there was a link in it that explained it a little better and in detail.
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #8992
domer1
1968 CJ7 

best painters tape for edging

What is the best painters tape to use for over the tub lip edging. There are so many out there. Any suggestions from recent installers?
domer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #8993
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer1 View Post
What is the best painters tape to use for over the tub lip edging. There are so many out there. Any suggestions from recent installers?
I like the yellow- get it at a auto body/paint store
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #8994
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had a freshly painted tub and used the Frog Tape (Yellow), I also heard the Frog Tape (Green) works well. I got nice clean edges.
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #8995
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

I guess MAGNETMAN fell off the face of the earth. If your out there, please respond to my pm from a couple of weeks ago. I have certianly gone out of my way to promote your products in my build thread as well as this forum just as others have. We all understand that you are busy, but you are busy because people like us are buying your products and provoking others to do so as well. I don't feel that I am asking too much for you to respond to pm's that were sent weeks ago as well as posts that were directed specifically to you.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #8996
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inovermyhead2
I guess MAGNETMAN fell off the face of the earth. If your out there, please respond to my pm from a couple of weeks ago. I have certianly gone out of my way to promote your products in my build thread as well as this forum just as others have. We all understand that you are busy, but you are busy because people like us are buying your products and provoking others to do so as well. I don't feel that I am asking too much for you to respond to pm's that were sent weeks ago as well as posts that were directed specifically to you.
You're better off calling him than raging on the Internet. It got me no where. Eric followed through with his word, I suggest you calm down and call him...

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #8997
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
You're better off calling him than raging on the Internet. It got me no where. Eric followed through with his word, I suggest you calm down and call him...
Not only have I called and left messages, but I have also stopped by (I live about 20 min away) and he wasn't in. I also don't believe I was, as you put it, "raging". Simple statements of fact. His business is thriving because of people like us. He has chosen to promote his business on this site and for one reason or another he has abandoned it for some time now. It's just a matter of right and wrong. I don't believe I'm asking too much especially since his last response to one of my posts a couple weeks ago was " inovermyhead,I will pm you tonight". Needless to say, I haven't heard from him. This is not an Eric bashing session by any means. I like him and I respect him very much, It's another attempt to get his attention since other methods have failed over the past few weeks. I am trying to spend another $3-400 dollars more worth of his product. I shouldn't have to beg him to do that.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #8998
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The last time he was on was 9/14.,
Some people have things come up or go on vacation.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #8999
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Got my 38 color chips today decision time...
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #9000
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

magnet man is in the middle of moving his entire operation. there is going to be some patience needed until he get's established in his new location. the only reason he has grown so much is from forums like this one and people like us that have put out the word of his amazing product and even more amazing customer service. so for those that are getting irate about Eric's absence then all i can say is you have no one to blame but everyone on this thread for doing just as i mentioned. .

oh and...

9000th post!

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.