Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #76
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey magnetman, any reply to my post???? I think I have asked so fair questions, and also have given so decent advice. Eh, I guess you are using the email reminder system rather than reading the thread.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #77
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Then I start out my Cj-2a restore this is what I am going to use everywhere..... inside the tub, under the tub and in the engine compartment.

I also want to use your "Chassis Saver". I'm excited to start my build here in a few months.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #78
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Hey magnetman, any reply to my post???? I think I have asked so fair questions, and also have given so decent advice. Eh, I guess you are using the email reminder system rather than reading the thread.
workin on it now, hang tight
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #79
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

k lol
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #80
rottenpuppets
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Which location is the shop @ Long Beach or Amityville? I live 5 min from LB and would be interested in the color tinted version when it's out or if you need a guinea pig vehicle to stay overnight I'm willing to help a fellow LI'er.

[COLOR="Blue"][URL="http://www.outlawedoffroad.com"]Outlawed Offroad[/URL][/COLOR] - LI/NY Jeepers
rottenpuppets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #81
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I believe Boodyrider has many good points here. That is why I like that you guys are at least taking the time to essentially give away some of the product to locals. It really answers essential questions to.

On my way home from school I actually thought a lot about it. I was wondering, like boodyrider said, about the heat issue. Can anyone find what the other liners say about that???
I'm going to document the whole heat question well with all #s and photos.

Quote:
Another thing I question how well it will stay in place during drying. A product that is laid on as thick as this one might run on vertical parts of the tub. I guess since this has been used on many trucks this is not an issue, but what about upside down, like on bumpers?
Believe me it does not run unless you pour it on and don't spread it out. It will hang on vertical surfaces.

Quote:
How well does it stick to plastic? How thick can it be laid on for plastic? Since it is only good to a certain temp, can I take a heat gun to make it maleable should something happen?
I documented plastic fender installation earlier in this thread. We had a nice failure once and worked out a procedure that is still stuck good for over a year. I'm going to post the procedures on the web site.

Quote:
On the interior over the trans tunnel, how much heat will it transmit into the Jeep, is it better or worse than just carpet?
I'm going to need some help to find this out.

Quote:
How about the finsh, is it like a rubber tool handle, or is it like a plastic? Can it contact wires with no problem?
Finish is like harder plastic. Rubbery is no good. Gets torn up. Should be no problem with wire contact.

Quote:
For the drain holes in the tub, do I need to plug them with newspaper when coating, or can I put a small amount around the rim?
You can tape them and then coat over tape to remove later. Make a pull tab with the tape. Honestly, I could also see coating over the drain holes and cleaning them out in 12 or 18 hours. Just remember where they were.

Quote:
How about coverage. How much does it take to do the tub? What about a bumpers? rockers? flares? Can you make a Jeep specific kit when this is figured out. One can for the tub, another for a bumper? What about a mix cup with lines so that the 2 gallon can can be split up? That way a person only has to mix up as much as need, not just in 1/4s. Like mentioned before, a trim kit, with enough for bumpers, rockers, flares, and a little extra for something else? Then a kit for just the tub to do it in steps if prefered?
Yes I mentioned all this in my response to Boody. We're going to work all this out with documentation.

Quote:
I think all of these questions could be answered with a few test Jeeps, and I think it is a really good idea. As for being new to the forum, having well trusted members recieve a set to test would also make sense. I know that if someone like mrBlaine, Gunkel, or Jerry Bransford trusted this product, many would listen because they are well respected forum members.
I like the idea and will be putting something together on this shortly.

Quote:
Once again goodluck with your product, and remember, if you want another tester, let me know. I think we might be able to work something out.

EDIT: To magnetman, My Name is Luckrider, I am a Jeeper, and I am addicted. As an addict, us Jeepers need our daily fix. Some more than others, and some get it diffently. I get mine be reading JF and DDin my Jeep. Being on JF means that you need to update often to satisfy our (at least my) addiction. Also, read the last part of my sig.
Thanks! What is "DD" you mentioned above??

Where in NY do you live?
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #82
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenpuppets View Post
Which location is the shop @ Long Beach or Amityville? I live 5 min from LB and would be interested in the color tinted version when it's out or if you need a guinea pig vehicle to stay overnight I'm willing to help a fellow LI'er.
I live in LB.
Offices, labs and warehouse in Amityville

Where is 5 mins from Long Beach?
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #83
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks! What is "DD" you mentioned above??

Where in NY do you live?
daily driving
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #84
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

As far as needing to find things out, that is why having guinea pigs are so great, you figure those things out.

I am in Orange/Ulster County, the border. I actually think if we talk over specifics of doing of using mine as a tester my dad and I may be able to convince my mom to let me drive it to LI on the way day with them following, then on the way back up, we pick it up. I would have to talk that over with my dad a little more though.

I am really interested in seeing how this turns out in terms of the Jeep application. I also like that it is like a hard plastic. As for finding out temps of different areas, I think you can get an infrared thermometer for like $40.

Keep me updated.
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #85
Goobersbro

yea why doesn't someone go start the jeep drive it for 30 minutes bring it home and measure the temp rite away....I know mine gets pretty dang hot but I don't think it gets over 120....however people have had there carpet burn so who knows....
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #86
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
As far as needing to find things out, that is why having guinea pigs are so great, you figure those things out.

I am in Orange/Ulster County, the border. I actually think if we talk over specifics of doing of using mine as a tester my dad and I may be able to convince my mom to let me drive it to LI on the way day with them following, then on the way back up, we pick it up. I would have to talk that over with my dad a little more though.

I am really interested in seeing how this turns out in terms of the Jeep application. I also like that it is like a hard plastic. As for finding out temps of different areas, I think you can get an infrared thermometer for like $40.

Keep me updated.
I've got an IR temp guage, just got no jeep

Transmission temp has to get to at least 150 deg I would think
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #87
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have felt a little bit of warmth coming from my tunnel, but I never actully think about it when it is hot. If I remember, I will get you my estimated temps of the top of the tunnel. I would say it shouldn't be so hot that it causes to many problems, especially if many other systems work with the heat. I do have an auto though, so it may not be as hot as a stick. not fully sure there
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #88
Goobersbro

It has made me not want to like hold my hand on it or put my bare foot on it before but it doesn't get like so hot it burns to the touch
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #89
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
It has made me not want to like hold my hand on it or put my bare foot on it before but it doesn't get like so hot it burns to the touch
I'm gonna guess 130 deg

Quote:
I have felt a little bit of warmth coming from my tunnel, but I never actully think about it when it is hot. If I remember, I will get you my estimated temps of the top of the tunnel. I would say it shouldn't be so hot that it causes to many problems, especially if many other systems work with the heat. I do have an auto though, so it may not be as hot as a stick. not fully sure there
Any coating will soften and yes, stick will def get hotter

I'm goin to sleep
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #90
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I heard somewhere that the pain threshold in the hands is 130 degrees. I would say that means that 130 is the highest temp you can tough, no it hurts, but be able to take it. IF I remember, I will start with the finger lick test, then move to full contact.

EDIT: It must be 130 because I didn't see your post, then I put mine up, and we had the same temp.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.