Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 595 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #8911
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
About how long does it take to get the paint chips one requests?
it can take anywhere from 4-10 days depending on what day of the week you order and if they have the chips ready togo or not, ordered chips twice, first time took 9 days, second 4

Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #8912
mighty4banger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looking to restore my 16' landscaping trailer... Similar to the unit on the chassis saver site: http://www.monstaliner.com/images/jo...l_PICT1081.jpg

Will 2 quarts of chassis saver get the job done?

I was thinking of coating with chassis saver Silver AL then top coating with Monstaliner black. Am I on the right track here?
95 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 4.88's, Aussie Locker D30, 35" Mud Rovers, Herculined tub, TKH rear bumper, Ford 8.8, JB Conv. SYE, Sylvania Silver Stars, T-MAX 9K winch, MORE 1" body lift, Turbo City oil pan skid, Rubicon Express 4" lift...

2012 KK Black all stock.
mighty4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #8913
rage4order
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I did my tub with Herculiner about 3 years ago. It is still in good shape, other than the fading but I'd like to put a coat of this. Would I just be able to roll this Monstaliner over top of it?
rage4order is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #8914
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
LABOR DAY 2 for 1 CHASSIS SAVERô Sale
3 Days Only - Monday 8/03 thru Wednesday 8/05
Available Only Online - Not Available in Stores

For anyone not familiar with this product, CHASSIS SAVERô is a direct replacement for POR-15 at up to 45% lower cost.
We have been manufacturing CHASSIS SAVERô for almost 20 years and it has been proven under the harshest conditions.
In addition to the auto restoration market, more than 500 townships, public works departments and DOT fleet maintenance
facilities use CHASSIS SAVERô for protection of snow and ice removal equipment, highway, off road and general vehicle maintenance.

Starting Now 8-03-12 thru Wednesday 8-05-12 at Midnight
all CHASSIS SAVERô Quarts and Gallons will be sold 2 for 1

Buy 1 Quart CHASSIS SAVERô Get 1 Quart FREE - Coupon Code: CSQT-B1G1F
(1 Quart price $37.50) Choose 2 of same color or 2 different colors

Buy 1 Gallon CHASSIS SAVERô Get 1 Gallon FREE - Coupon Code: CSGL-B1G1F
(1 Gallon price $104.75) Choose 2 of same color or 2 different colors

To get the free item, YOU MUST PUT 2 ITEMS IN YOUR CART BEFORE APPLYING COUPON CODE.

Standard UPS shipping rates apply - $11.00 for 2 Quarts, $17.00 for 2 Gallons

Place Orders Here @ www.shop.monstaliner.com

Colors/Finishes available are as follows:

UCP99 Gloss Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an
automotive grade synthetic, acrylic or urethane enamel.

UCP934 Silver-Aluminum - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoating is not needed unless change of color is desired.

UCP98 Floor & Machine Gray - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an automotive grade
synthetic, acrylic or urethane enamel. Makes an outstanding, chemical and abrasion resistant coating for shop and industrial floors.

UCP970 Antique-Satin Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Note: Use of gloss black is recommended if you know ahead of time you are going to topcoat.

Note: Chassis Saverô can be topcoated with itself or any other solvent base coating within 24 hours with no additional surface prep.
After 24 hours scuff sanding is required.

Please see Technical Data Bulletin link below for complete directions on surface preparation and application.
CHASSIS SAVERô Tech Bulletin
CHASSIS SAVERô Material Safety Data Sheet
------------------------------------------------------------------
Further Details:
The Coupon Codes above ARE NOT COMBINABLE
If you want to purchase more than 1 set of Quarts or Gallons you can do so by just completing
your first order and then going back to place another order. Do so as many times as you like.

This offer is a stand-alone promotion and can not be combined with any other Magnet products or MONSTALINERô purchases

Please post any questions regarding the promo to the thread so others who have similar questions can read the conversation.
PM's are OK too. I'm just trying to cut down on answering similar questions many times.

Place Orders Here @ www.shop.monstaliner.com
Perfect timing.... ordered!!
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #8915
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

not sure it was quite necessary to quote the whole ad...

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #8916
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Just placed my 2 qt chassis saver order... Can't wait to try it out!
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #8917
ROTTEN
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yj intermediate shaft and bearing

Oops.

Last edited by ROTTEN; 09-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: posted in wrong area
ROTTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #8918
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTTEN
OK so I noticed some clunking around my steering at a stoplight when I turn back and fourth.
Found that when the steering is unlocked the section where the shaft slides is kinda loose when I twist it. It is kind of like the lower shaft doesn't respond as fast as the upper.
When locked its all tight.

I also found that the upper bearing has play. Should I get a new column as well as a bearing?
I think ya got the wrong there'd
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #8919
BrandonYJReed

1990 YJ Wrangler 

How much monstaliner will it take to to the entire exterior and interior of my YJ?

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #8920
mooncruiser

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonYJReed View Post
How much monstaliner will it take to to the entire exterior and interior of my YJ?
Should take a gallon inside and 2 gals for the exterior.
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #8921
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Today is day 11 for waiting on paint chips. This money is burning a hole in my pocket

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #8922
dmj13
All Jeep'd up.

2006 LJ Wrangler 

So, I applied Monstaliner in June. I used the tintable version in the sand color. It was EXCEPTIONALLY hot and humid that day (Birmingham, Al). It even rained briefly, although I was in a covered garage. I followed the prep instructions over a two day period prior to install. The first coat went on GREAT. Problem is, when I went to apply the second coat, it had started to set up- had chunks in it and was VERY thick. The can was closed between coats and I tried mixing it prior toi second coat. I went ahead and did my best to apply the second coat, but I felt like I was racing the setup. It was very hard to spread and I kept having to stop to pick out large pieces that had congealed. End result is some of it looks GREAT, and some of it is noticably thin.
I read all the inserts prior to application so I know that the chemical sets up in reaction with humidity/H20. I'm assuming I just picked a bad day to apply it based on the extreme heat and humidity, which caused the stuff to set up quicker than normal. Am I correct, or is there another user-error that I may have committed? Also, I would REALLY like to reapply the second(third?) coat to even it out and get the thickness right all the way around (there are spots where original surface peaks through, areas abviously thinner than others), but I do not need an entire gallon to do this. Do you sell half gallon sizes in colors? Or any size smaller than a gallon? And would it go on directly over the current coat without any other prep than cleaning, or would sanding be required? Thanks. This stuff really is great, verytough, looks great.

2006 Rubicon Unlimited- First Jeep. Mostly stock but slowly getting there....
dmj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #8923
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i dont wanna sound like a jerk or a dick, cuz ive gotten alot of that on jeep forum and i makes me want to stop using it, but if you guys have a question your best bet is to go to monstaliner.com and poke around, look through pages on this thread ( iknow theres alot but jump around) or call magnet paints and ask. the lord helps those who helps themselves!
dmj13, i know exactly what your goin through, same thing happened to me, i tossed 1/2 gal out. wish i had asked someone to help me the day i sprayed, but yes, magnet man sells quarts i do believe, although it may be cheaper to buy a gallon and only mix half the line with half the color and half the catalyst. its cheaper to buy ion bulk and as long as you keep your ratio's the same you can open up the cans, pour what you need, mix it, seal the un mixed cans back up and put em on the shelf for 6 mos or a year til the next time you use em. monsta only develops an 8-10hr potlife once the chemicals are mixed together.

somebodyt asked about coating over herc, theres been 3 or 4 people whoi asked this question within the last 10 pages of this thread, and it might even say it on the monsta website.
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #8924
mooncruiser

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj13 View Post
So, I applied Monstaliner in June. I used the tintable version in the sand color. It was EXCEPTIONALLY hot and humid that day (Birmingham, Al). It even rained briefly, although I was in a covered garage. I followed the prep instructions over a two day period prior to install. The first coat went on GREAT. Problem is, when I went to apply the second coat, it had started to set up- had chunks in it and was VERY thick. The can was closed between coats and I tried mixing it prior toi second coat. I went ahead and did my best to apply the second coat, but I felt like I was racing the setup. It was very hard to spread and I kept having to stop to pick out large pieces that had congealed. End result is some of it looks GREAT, and some of it is noticably thin.
I read all the inserts prior to application so I know that the chemical sets up in reaction with humidity/H20. I'm assuming I just picked a bad day to apply it based on the extreme heat and humidity, which caused the stuff to set up quicker than normal. Am I correct, or is there another user-error that I may have committed? Also, I would REALLY like to reapply the second(third?) coat to even it out and get the thickness right all the way around (there are spots where original surface peaks through, areas abviously thinner than others), but I do not need an entire gallon to do this. Do you sell half gallon sizes in colors? Or any size smaller than a gallon? And would it go on directly over the current coat without any other prep than cleaning, or would sanding be required? Thanks. This stuff really is great, verytough, looks great.
I don't know what you guys call hot, but here in AZ I rolled mine over previously sprayed on Monstaliner in 95-100 degree heat and 40% humidity-that humidity is high for us but I'm sure nothing like what you experience. One thing I did/do when applying is dribble some MEK on top of the ML still in the can between coats. Then when you go back to refill your roller pan, use a CLEAN stick to stir it up, and then pour into your pan, dribble some MEK again on top of remaining ML, and close the lid. I also kept a rag handy with MEK on it to wipe the lid and can surface clean so I could seal the lid on the can a little better and still be able to pop it off when I refill my pan.
As far as going over the existing ML, just scuff the surface and clean with MEK and recoat. I also used some foam sanding pads from ACE, they work great, especially if you have some crap in the previous coating, high spots, bugs, etc.

Last edited by mooncruiser; 09-06-2012 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: added text
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #8925
mooncruiser

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
i dont wanna sound like a jerk or a dick, cuz ive gotten alot of that on jeep forum and i makes me want to stop using it, but if you guys have a question your best bet is to go to monstaliner.com and poke around, look through pages on this thread ( iknow theres alot but jump around) or call magnet paints and ask. the lord helps those who helps themselves!
dmj13, i know exactly what your goin through, same thing happened to me, i tossed 1/2 gal out. wish i had asked someone to help me the day i sprayed, but yes, magnet man sells quarts i do believe, although it may be cheaper to buy a gallon and only mix half the line with half the color and half the catalyst. its cheaper to buy ion bulk and as long as you keep your ratio's the same you can open up the cans, pour what you need, mix it, seal the un mixed cans back up and put em on the shelf for 6 mos or a year til the next time you use em. monsta only develops an 8-10hr potlife once the chemicals are mixed together.

somebodyt asked about coating over herc, theres been 3 or 4 people whoi asked this question within the last 10 pages of this thread, and it might even say it on the monsta website.
x2 BAM

Eric at Monstaliner is very helpful and knowledgeable so call him or someone else @ ML can probably answer your question, or go to the FAQ's on their site first-many of your concerns can be found right there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.