Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 584 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 08-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #8746
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims-87YJ View Post
Eric, I will be doing my interior in about 2 weeks, it will be all epoxy primered but outside of the re-coat window. How much of a scuff will I have to give it? and will I still need to do the MEK wipe down?
PS will be ordering another gallon as soon as I see how the exterior looks after its painted. Will the Quarts of tintable be ready soon, as I will most likely need one or two of them also.
Thanks again
Epoxy primer cured more than 48 hours should be lightly scuffed with 220 grit to make a little dust. This is for adhesion of topcoats.
The solvent wipe is just to remove scuff dust and oils from your skin touching. You could vacuum or blow it down to remove
major dust but I would still do a light solvent wipe to get last bits of dust. Tack rags also work with no solvent for final wipe.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #8747
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ
So I have looked through this thread several times in the last couple days and from what I have seen I am SOLD on this product! The customer service is the best I have seen in a long time.

Although I have read most of the pages on this thread, I still have a couple questions I want to clarify while I save up the money for my purchase.

Can I apply CS over a slightly rusted fender (dodge truck) and then apply ML over it? is there anything special i need to do to keep it from rusting further other that using the CS?

Also, im planning on using ML on my entire grand cherokee for the body I need to scuff the paint and get rid of the clear coat correct? and then use white primer for the ML if I am using predator? and what about the plastic body panels and the bumpers.. how do I prep those for the best application? bumpers currently have herculiner and its ok but I really want the monsta

Thanks for the help! I hope to have my jeep covered in Monstaliner ASAP.. just have to save up cause Predator is so expensive lol
bump on this, looks like it might have been missed. thanks
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #8748
craniumboy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicethecat

I have been wanting to see what Turq would look like on an exterior. It looks AWESOME! Great job with the interior as well. I bet this post will convince a few others to use this color.
Lol, it may... Now I want it!
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #8749
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am looking to ML my tub in my LJ. I do have a few questions, so hopefully someone can help me out based of experience from doing the job. I would like to ML to match as close to the factory color as possible. The factory color is Deep Beryl Green, I know I can get samples from ML but I am kind of on a timeline (Uncle Sam). I am looking at the ML colors Envy, Jungle Love or Midnight Special. I was just wondering if anyone here knew what the closest match is. I tried asking the wife what she thought (black or color match) and of course she heard the word jeep and tuned me out! So that's why I am asking you all! Also since the LJ is a little bit bigger than the TJ would a 1 gal kit of ML be enough to line the inside of the tub? and my last question is I am in the panhandle of Florida and the temps have been around 88 -94 but the humidity is done right crazy. Anyone got any tips on using ML in this kind of weather? Thanks for all the input and help in advance!
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #8750
RUDY850
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
OK, mask question out of the way now

2 gals in a 4 door JK will give you easily 3 coats with some leftovers

You can pre-add the color to ML tintable and not add catalyst but the color must be mixed in thoroughly and the can sealed tight. If you just dump in the color it will settle to the bottom and make a sea monster (don't ask )

It's fine when thoroughly mixed/uncatalyzed but not indefinitely. I would recommend using it all within 3 days to avoid any problems

What color do you have?
I got the Medium Quartz Gray

if i do spray it i will need to get a spray gun locally.will probably be doing it Saturday .what should the nozzle size be.also what is the texture like at lower psi compared to higher psi

THANKS
RUDY850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #8751
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the order!

You only ordered the 1 gal kit with ODG

This was not what we discussed. Just checking if that was a mistake?
no it's correct. I will order the other gallon and color come Monday. Need to get some other jobs done first and this out of the way, plus my customer needs to give me a deposit... LOL The OD and the chassis saver will do fine for now. thanks again!

Mark
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #8752
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post

if i do spray it i will need to get a spray gun locally.will probably be doing it Saturday .what should the nozzle size be.also what is the texture like at lower psi compared to higher psi

THANKS
you need to try and find a shutz undercoating gun to spray this stuff. you can't use a regular paint gun. the nozzle is like a 1/4" tube that screws into the front of the gun. any body shop should be able to get you one and magnetman sells them cheap so i dont think they will ask an arm or leg, worst case just roll it
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #8753
evilpersona
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I am looking to do this within the next two weeks. however is there a way for me to avoid having it shipped seeing as i live about 15-20 minutes away from amityville?
evilpersona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #8754
JeepJunkie98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

BLACK04WJ I will try to answer the best I can. I have used both products inside and outside including the plastic.

Q "Can I apply CS over a slightly rusted fender (dodge truck) and then apply ML over it?
A: Just remove the heavy rust and MEK clean

Q: "is there anything special i need to do to keep it from rusting further other that using the CS?"
A: Nope. The CS will attach to the rust and metal preventing it from rusting.

Q: "Also, Iím planning on using ML on my entire grand Cherokee for the body I need to scuff the paint and get rid of the clear coat correct?
A: Yup, just make sure to MEK

Q: "and then use white primer for the ML if I am using predator?"
A: Only if you want to lighten the color. I would have sprayed it with a color close to the ML as I had some light spots. I should have had two gallons

Q: " what about the plastic body panels and the bumpers.. how do I prep those for the best application? bumpers currently have herculiner and its ok but I really want the
A: For plastic check here http://www.monstaliner.com/documents...ng_Plastic.pdf

For more downloads go here
http://www.monstaliner.com/monstaliner_downloads.htm

ospreyfe55
If you are talking about the standard dark Jeep green I would think Jungle love would be the closest. The others are to light or blue.
I gallon was more than enough for the inside of my TJ.
The spec says up to like 80 or 85% humidity. I would make sure not to let the jeep sit in the sun. Maybe do it early morning or late night. It only takes an hour to cure enough to put a second coat on.
If you have a garage and access to even a small A/C unit it would help to lower the humidity.
For some reason they say to spray with water 8 hrs after, not sure why?

Hope this helps.
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #8755
JeepJunkie98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post

THANKS
I believe lower PSI is more clumpy or deeper as Magnetman says " it is like blowing mayonnaise through a straw" or something like that.

I did mine from 60 to 80 PSI and I am happy with the results.

Good luck
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #8756
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey Magnet Man, do you guys offer a military discount? LMK I want to order a kit for my jeep. Tx
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #8757
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Grrrrrrrrr!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #8758
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
Hey Magnet Man, do you guys offer a military discount? LMK I want to order a kit for my jeep. Tx
We try to keep this simple and give everyone the same discount
See link in my sig below which includes 2 promo codes
Unread 08-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #8759
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJunkie98 View Post
I believe lower PSI is more clumpy or deeper as Magnetman says " it is like blowing mayonnaise through a straw" or something like that.

I did mine from 60 to 80 PSI and I am happy with the results.

Good luck
Lower PSI makes larger globs so the texture is not as tight

I would stay at 60 PSI or higher for best results

Also lower PSI could cause a drip or run when you spraying larger globs that are heavier
Unread 08-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #8760
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

I've heard of Beryl Green but don't really know what it looks like. Black is the safe way to go when you can't get close to your liking

As long as it's not a 4 door you should be fine with 1 gal in the tub
Just roll the first coat thin to cover all surfaces and conserve as much as possible for 2nd coat

• On temps/humidity: Make sure you get a narrow roller tray and not a wide one like used to paint your walls

• Pour only small amounts into roller pan at a time

• When 1st coat is complete, scrape down inside walls of gallon can so everything falls into remaining liquid.
Drizzle 3 - 4 oz of MEK or Acetone over surface of remaining coating in can and leave it undisturbed until beginning of 2nd coat, seal can tight.
When starting 2nd coat inspect inside can for lumps and scoop out if necessary. Re-power mix contents mixing in the solvent floating on surface.

• Do not work in direct sunlight and never coat hot surfaces. Work inside a garage if possible

Another trick I learned recently about women, jeeps and Monstaliner projects: If you ask for their help to supervise the project and help
scout for missed spots, etc you can usually get them on board to help. It may be a control thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
I am looking to ML my tub in my LJ. I do have a few questions, so hopefully someone can help me out based of experience from doing the job. I would like to ML to match as close to the factory color as possible. The factory color is Deep Beryl Green, I know I can get samples from ML but I am kind of on a timeline (Uncle Sam). I am looking at the ML colors Envy, Jungle Love or Midnight Special. I was just wondering if anyone here knew what the closest match is. I tried asking the wife what she thought (black or color match) and of course she heard the word jeep and tuned me out! So that's why I am asking you all! Also since the LJ is a little bit bigger than the TJ would a 1 gal kit of ML be enough to line the inside of the tub? and my last question is I am in the panhandle of Florida and the temps have been around 88 -94 but the humidity is done right crazy. Anyone got any tips on using ML in this kind of weather? Thanks for all the input and help in advance!

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.