Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 583 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 08-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #8731
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So I have looked through this thread several times in the last couple days and from what I have seen I am SOLD on this product! The customer service is the best I have seen in a long time.

Although I have read most of the pages on this thread, I still have a couple questions I want to clarify while I save up the money for my purchase.

Can I apply CS over a slightly rusted fender (dodge truck) and then apply ML over it? is there anything special i need to do to keep it from rusting further other that using the CS?

Also, im planning on using ML on my entire grand cherokee for the body I need to scuff the paint and get rid of the clear coat correct? and then use white primer for the ML if I am using predator? and what about the plastic body panels and the bumpers.. how do I prep those for the best application? bumpers currently have herculiner and its ok but I really want the monsta

Thanks for the help! I hope to have my jeep covered in Monstaliner ASAP.. just have to save up cause Predator is so expensive lol

BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #8732
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

Magnetman, do you want me to call you right now for an order I asked about earlier for the 2 jobs I have? Whom should I ask for also... thanks buddy!

mark
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #8733
jsp_28504
1974 CJ5 

jsp_28504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #8734
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndman72 View Post
Magnetman, do you want me to call you right now for an order I asked about earlier for the 2 jobs I have? Whom should I ask for also... thanks buddy!

mark
Been in the warehouse all day, going home
PM me your phone
or call my cell after 6 EST
516-313-7865
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #8735
alh2411

Hey magnetman, I do not have a jeep, however, I am looking to monstaline the entire floor in my 1976 ford econoline. I actually live in this vehicle, and travel around the country rock climbing out of it, so the carpet had to go due to the constant dirt/mud that is tracked in and out of my van. Do you think that your liner is abraisive enough to cut skin? Say I walk around barefoot, would it make the skin raw after a period of time? If so, could it be put on with another applicator to have a smooth finish, which may be easier to clean, as well as easier on my hippy feet? Does the smell of liner fade relatively quickly? Thanks so much for your time, I really appreciate the expertise!
alh2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #8736
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp_28504 View Post
Looks Good
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #8737
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

Order placed online just a few minutes ago for the 1st 2 jobs. Will make another order on Monday for the 3rd job. Thanks much!
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #8738
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndman72 View Post
Order placed online just a few minutes ago for the 1st 2 jobs. Will make another order on Monday for the 3rd job. Thanks much!
Thanks for the order!

You only ordered the 1 gal kit with ODG

This was not what we discussed. Just checking if that was a mistake?
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #8739
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh2411 View Post
Hey magnetman, I do not have a jeep, however, I am looking to monstaline the entire floor in my 1976 ford econoline. I actually live in this vehicle, and travel around the country rock climbing out of it, so the carpet had to go due to the constant dirt/mud that is tracked in and out of my van. Do you think that your liner is abraisive enough to cut skin? Say I walk around barefoot, would it make the skin raw after a period of time? If so, could it be put on with another applicator to have a smooth finish, which may be easier to clean, as well as easier on my hippy feet? Does the smell of liner fade relatively quickly? Thanks so much for your time, I really appreciate the expertise!
Hi, Monstaliner will never be rough and it is always easy to clean.

This was a van interior sprayed

Look at the surface closely, this was jeep tub rolled. There are no nooks or cranies to hold dirt. No rough particles

Unread 08-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #8740
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

OK, mask question out of the way now

2 gals in a 4 door JK will give you easily 3 coats with some leftovers

You can pre-add the color to ML tintable and not add catalyst but the color must be mixed in thoroughly and the can sealed tight. If you just dump in the color it will settle to the bottom and make a sea monster (don't ask )

It's fine when thoroughly mixed/uncatalyzed but not indefinitely. I would recommend using it all within 3 days to avoid any problems

What color do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post
Couple questions

I will be doing it in a garage that has a 8x16 garage door and i do have a big fan.

If i don't spray it and roll it on. can the color be added to the gallon and mixed. then add the hardener later on to make smaller amounts as needed.

I would like to use all of the 2 gal that i got for my 4 door jk. about how many coats will that give me spraying or rolling.I only got a total of 4 of the big rollers and 4 of the smaller rollers. would i need more if i roll it all on.

THANKS.
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #8741
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccallie View Post
Eric, sent you a PM please get back to me ASAP. Thanks
mccallie I just left you a voice mail
Unread 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #8742
PirateQM
1982 CJ7 

I am so happy with this color combination... Turquila and Pyroclastic!

Still need to knock out the full doors, the windshield frame, hood hinges and fix any light spots I missed tonight.
photo-46-.jpg   photo-45-.jpg   photo-47-.jpg  

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]'[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]97 TJ (Polaris) Long gone, but not forgotten.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]'85 CJ7 (LiL Dragon) Hauled away to be scrapped. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]'82 CJ7 (Echo)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
PirateQM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #8743
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Woooho that is awesome!
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #8744
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Eric, I will be doing my interior in about 2 weeks, it will be all epoxy primered but outside of the re-coat window. How much of a scuff will I have to give it? and will I still need to do the MEK wipe down?
PS will be ordering another gallon as soon as I see how the exterior looks after its painted. Will the Quarts of tintable be ready soon, as I will most likely need one or two of them also.
Thanks again
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #8745
alicethecat
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateQM View Post
I am so happy with this color combination... Turquila and Pyroclastic!

Still need to knock out the full doors, the windshield frame, hood hinges and fix any light spots I missed tonight.
I have been wanting to see what Turq would look like on an exterior. It looks AWESOME! Great job with the interior as well. I bet this post will convince a few others to use this color.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.