Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 580 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #8686
ariff
1987 YJ Wrangler 

So I just finished up my Mostaliner application this weekend. I have to say this stuff is great. Anyone thinking about doing this should. Takes a lot of prep work ( I spent about 6hrs sanding) but it is totally worth it. I can't believe it is finally finished, and I am very happy with Monstaliner. A few tips I might give others thinking about doing this.. Get their small roller and sponge kit for your Jeep. Ireally used this a lot for the tight spaces. Dabbing with the sponge really works well in the creases and what not. Be sure to stir after every pour.. I did not and got a few chunks here and there, not bad though. Take off your tape after your second coat. I have no problems with the tape getting stuck to the ML doing it right after the second coat. Eric you have an awesome product and thanks for all your help.. I am thinking about putting ML on my wheel wells. How much would you suggest I get to do two coats in the wells? Thanks!

Ready

First coat

Second coat

Second coat driver

Mist

ariff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #8687
JeepJunkie98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
i am going to be monsta-ing an old t6 alumuminum bicycle frame after i sandblast the old paint off. what is your suggestion for best results with monsta? i still have both magnapoxy primer and some cs, i was going to magnapoxy then monsta ofer the bare aluminum. just checking for an affirmation that this is the best course of action.
From what I have read on bare aluminum to use an epoxy primer or an etching primer. CS would be for rusted steel.
Hope this helps and hopefully someone will confirm.

Last edited by JeepJunkie98; 08-13-2012 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Spelling
JeepJunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #8688
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
i am going to be monsta-ing an old t6 alumuminum bicycle frame after i sandblast the old paint off. what is your suggestion for best results with monsta? i still have both magnapoxy primer and some cs, i was going to magnapoxy then monsta ofer the bare aluminum. just checking for an affirmation that this is the best course of action.
Epoxy primer only. I've seen too many failures with self etch and no longer recommend it for anything

Are you planning to take pics of this project?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #8689
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Very nice job!

Can you give an estimate of how many sq ft in 1 wheel well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariff View Post
So I just finished up my Mostaliner application this weekend. I have to say this stuff is great. Anyone thinking about doing this should. Takes a lot of prep work ( I spent about 6hrs sanding) but it is totally worth it. I can't believe it is finally finished, and I am very happy with Monstaliner. A few tips I might give others thinking about doing this.. Get their small roller and sponge kit for your Jeep. Ireally used this a lot for the tight spaces. Dabbing with the sponge really works well in the creases and what not. Be sure to stir after every pour.. I did not and got a few chunks here and there, not bad though. Take off your tape after your second coat. I have no problems with the tape getting stuck to the ML doing it right after the second coat. Eric you have an awesome product and thanks for all your help.. I am thinking about putting ML on my wheel wells. How much would you suggest I get to do two coats in the wells? Thanks!

Ready

First coat

Second coat

Second coat driver

Mist
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #8690
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
And you only have to pay to attach photos that way. Using something like image shack or photobucket you can post pictures all day long without upgrading.
Thx Xabu, I already went ahead and renewed, it's for a good cause!
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #8691
ariff
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like about 2.25 sq feet for the rear wells.. Fronts would be a little smaller.
ariff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #8692
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncruiser View Post
Thx Xabu, I already went ahead and renewed, it's for a good cause!
I can't argue with that one!

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #8693
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Epoxy primer only. I've seen too many failures with self etch and no longer recommend it for anything

Are you planning to take pics of this project?
i can definitely take some pics. i have hit some of the roughest parts of oxidation already. the frame i am blasting will be an old f900 cannondale frame from the late 90's. when the bike was new, and with the options i had on it, it was worth about $2k. i'm old and fat now, so i'm replacing alot of the old parts with some run of the mill accessories just so i can get some exercise. i will be building an old volvo team edition f900 for Mrs_breaker_5 to ride.

i used to be one of the top 10 riders in my area on a mtn bike back in the day (10 years ago). now i just need exercise. i came home from iraq at 202lbs, at 240lbs now i need to start cutting the fat. i'm 6'5" so before anyone calls me fat, do the bmi for 202lbs and 77" tall. 210 is my goal. i was at 220 before i broke my foot over the winter. it's easier to gain weight sitting on the couch playing gra ntourismo 5 than it is to lose it after convalescing.

p.s.
if this sounds like rambling, i'm into the bottle of rum again, so deal with it. eric has had about 3 years now of random drunken posts from me in this thread. i do not intend on stopping anytime soon.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #8694
JeepJunkie98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ramble on and for your service to our country.
Good luck on the bike, I hear ya on getting back down to weight
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #8695
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks
I have only one thing to add

Quote:
i can definitely take some pics. i have hit some of the roughest parts of oxidation already. the frame i am blasting will be an old f900 cannondale frame from the late 90's. when the bike was new, and with the options i had on it, it was worth about $2k. i'm old and fat now, so i'm replacing alot of the old parts with some run of the mill accessories just so i can get some exercise. i will be building an old volvo team edition f900 for Mrs_breaker_5 to ride.

i used to be one of the top 10 riders in my area on a mtn bike back in the day (10 years ago). now i just need exercise. i came home from iraq at 202lbs, at 240lbs now i need to start cutting the fat. i'm 6'5" so before anyone calls me fat, do the bmi for 202lbs and 77" tall. 210 is my goal. i was at 220 before i broke my foot over the winter. it's easier to gain weight sitting on the couch playing gra ntourismo 5 than it is to lose it after convalescing.

p.s.
if this sounds like rambling, i'm into the bottle of rum again, so deal with it. eric has had about 3 years now of random drunken posts from me in this thread. i do not intend on stopping anytime soon.
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #8696
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariff View Post
Looks like about 2.25 sq feet for the rear wells.. Fronts would be a little smaller.
Well, 1 quart does 15 sq ft so x 4 and a quart should do it
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #8697
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Any special prep to line an iPhone? Just scuff it good?

Unread 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #8698
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
Any special prep to line an iPhone? Just scuff it good?
Is the surface hard plastic?
NOT like fender flare plastic
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #8699
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Is the surface hard plastic?
NOT like fender flare plastic
Aluminum..

Unread 08-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #8700
craniumboy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr

Aluminum..
Aluminum... As in an original iPhone?!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.