Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 578 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #8656
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

Looks good on FB. Maybe you can't attach here unless you pay?

I'll copy from FB ant post them here
Right on. You need to pay to post pics.

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #8657
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
mooncruiser job in progress pics
Looking good!
Eric-

Posted a few more to FB of the final coat-looks awesome? Cant wait to get it back together. I'm having my hinges for the hood, w/s, hooks all powdercoated black along with my Warn 8274(disassembled to overhaul) and hopefully have her back together in the next 2-3 weeks I hope...as long as find the time you know how that goes.
Anyhow, thanks for making such a great product!
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #8658
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyPB13 View Post
Right on. You need to pay to post pics.
I'll have to look into becoming a paying member!
Unread 08-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #8659
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Smurfadelic is on!
presmurfblue-1-.jpg   presmurfblue-2-.jpg   presmurfblue.jpg   smurf-blue-rt-rear-final.jpg   smurf-grille-fenders-hood.jpg  

smurf-hood.jpg   smurf-left-rear.jpg   smurf-windshield-frame.jpg   smurf-rear.jpg   smurf-left-close.jpg  

Unread 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #8660
JeepJunkie98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJunkie98 View Post
I am just having a hard time thinking that a rolled finish will come out what looks like smoother than the sprayed on finish.

With that said I have only sprayed so I have not experience what a rolled finish will look like but I will be applying using both methods this weekend.

I would just think that rolling with a roller that has holes in it would pull the material and make ridges where spraying would result a different finish. I know air pressure and amount reduced makes a difference.

So we need to reduce with MEK and not the S8 that is sold on the site?

While I am posting a couple other questions:

Your site says new instructions will be out in August, any time frame?

Also quarts for colors any time frame for release. I am going to use my gallon of Red Head this weekend and would rather not save some aside to do any missed spots or touch up and would rather just pick up a quart.

Thanks
Eric,
Anything on this?

Also anyone know why you have to spray water on 8 hrs after final coat?

Black went on today and Red Head is going on tomorrow hopefully
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #8661
JeepJunkie98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am just having a hard time thinking that a rolled finish will come out what looks like smoother than the sprayed on finish.

With that said I have only sprayed so I have not experience what a rolled finish will look like but I will be applying using both methods this weekend.

I would just think that rolling with a roller that has holes in it would pull the material and make ridges where spraying would result a different finish. I know air pressure and amount reduced makes a difference.

So we need to reduce with MEK and not the S8 that is sold on the site?

While I am posting a couple other questions:

Your site says new instructions will be out in August, any time frame?

Also quarts for colors any time frame for release. I am going to use my gallon of Red Head this weekend and would rather not save some aside to do any missed spots or touch up and would rather just pick up a quart.

Thanks
Eric,
Anything on this?

Black went on today and Red Head is going on tomorrow hopefully. Pics to follow.
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #8662
JamesHasler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Water helps to speed up the curing process...
JamesHasler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #8663
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Eric,
Anything on this?

Black went on today and Red Head is going on tomorrow hopefully. Pics to follow.
This is hard to explain. You really have to watch the videos to understand best

With rolling you are spreading the coating flat and the roller texture has slight waves in it. When you do the re-roll after the 2nd coat the texture is enhanced.

With spraying it's like spitting mayonaise through a straw and tiny globs are piled on the surface. The globs flatten out slightly.

To spray you reduce with 4oz of MEK or Acetone per gallon because the stuff is too thick to spray without reducer.

Still working on the new instructions. Quarts of color are almost ready. Will be before end of month. JamesHasler is correct on the water but this is not a requirement
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #8664
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncruiser View Post
Smurfadelic is on!
Awesome and congrats! Thanks for the FB posting
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #8665
alicethecat
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How close is the white to "stone white" code PW1? Of all the paint chips I have, white is not one of them. Thanks for all your help Eric.
alicethecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #8666
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieBlaze View Post
Any plan on coming up with a darker "Desert Sand"? Maybe something more toward Coyote Brown? I see a blank chip beside the desert sand chip...made me curious. The Brown Eye'd Girl is a really deep brown and Jeep Spice obviously has that unique 'spice' look (duh..lol)....looking for something lighter than brown eye'd girl and darker than desert sand. Want it to be kinda low-key in the woods.

Edit: something like the Light Khaki Metallic that I just saw on a 2004 wrangler looks about right. Was a bit darker than desert sand but wasn't brown
Spot next to Des Sand is for "Nuclear Winter" which is an off white/pale gray between white and Light Quartz.

"Copper Feel" will be a redder, slightly darker shade than Spice but not sure it meets your description
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #8667
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
how long do you think it will be until we can order samples of "Urine Trouble" to replace the "Sunshiny Day" chips..so we can keep our full chip sets up to date?
I have some chips ready now. This week I will update the request form online.

"Urine Trouble!" (now with the exclamation ) is surprisingly close to Sunshiny Day when compared sided by side but is a bit yellower towards Don't Yell

UT covers much better than SD
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:28 AM   #8668
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndman72 View Post
hi guys, I am taking the factory wheel flares off, the rescue green ones, and replacing them with the all black plastic ones from a good friend in my jeep clubs. Question I have is, should I monstaliner these first, than install, or vice versa? Not sure if there may be any issue once done to install them. I think do them first, but for those that have more experience than I do with the newer JK's, thought I would ask you all. Thanks for any help!
If you coat them on the vehicle you have to deal with taping a line

If you coat them off you need to secure them firmly to roll without F'ing them up in the process

I've never removed or replaced flares... How much "play" is there with the bolts when you just get them started? How much gap between flare and body?

Was thinking.. Could you coat them on the body with bolts all loose???
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #8669
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicethecat View Post
How close is the white to "stone white" code PW1? Of all the paint chips I have, white is not one of them. Thanks for all your help Eric.
I got to look up PW1 in office
What years does this span?
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #8670
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Opinions?
old-new.gif  

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.