Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #841
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
No silver yet. It's a bit of a problem for roller install. The metal flake does not orient correctly like spray. We will get it right but will take a little more time.
I've never seen Raptor in silver but I do know of many problems trying to tint that stuff in crazy pearls and colored metallics. Flake colors do not hide well and you can't add extra pigments without messing up the way it cures so you are forced to add more coats.

To get Raptor in color usually costs $40 to $100 over the tintable kit price depending on color choice.

No pics yet. In 6 weeks I'll have some accelerated exposure tests back for 5 years exposure. There are many jobs out there now I'm waiting on photos.
Id like to wait to see the exposure pictures... but so far, I think im leaning towards Monsta.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #842
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
Id like to wait to see the exposure pictures... but so far, I think im leaning towards Monsta.
That's cool, we are comparing everything we have samples of to show differences.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #843
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
That's cool, we are comparing everything we have samples of to show differences.
Im excited... I do like the fact that you can control where you line with this product, compared to Raptor... Im 99% on board with Monsta...

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:25 AM   #844
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I got my stuff!! Super fast! It shipped Monday and I had it Tuesday morning! (of course I do live in upstate NY) too bad I got to wait until May when I get back. Look forward to the install and I will take lots of pics! This is for my 1990 Sahara Wrangler.

I do have some body rust. All seem to be the typical areas, I will address first (under "JEEP" logo,and where the seat belts are mounted) Any tips for prep work after some body repair? I may have missed it, if it was already addressed in this thread
Cheers,
Bern
bernm8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #845
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernm8r View Post
I got my stuff!! Super fast! It shipped Monday and I had it Tuesday morning! (of course I do live in upstate NY) too bad I got to wait until May when I get back. Look forward to the install and I will take lots of pics! This is for my 1990 Sahara Wrangler.

I do have some body rust. All seem to be the typical areas, I will address first (under "JEEP" logo,and where the seat belts are mounted) Any tips for prep work after some body repair? I may have missed it, if it was already addressed in this thread
Cheers,
Bern
Not familiar with location of jeep logo. This is stamped in the tub I assume?

Just wire brush to remove loose rust. Finish prep of painted surfaces and spot prime rust with Chassis Saver. Allow 4 to 6 hours before coating with Monstaliner. Not necessary to use Chassis Saver on all painted areas only rust.

Regards
MagnetMan
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:55 AM   #846
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Magnetman,
Yes it is stamped in the tub on the lower forward outside on both sides it actually says "JOOP" the two "E'" are painted on. My problem is the rust has begun to creep inside the tub area.

The seatbelt locations by the doors are holes, I can see the road there probably will need some structure to ensure the seatbelt is securely bolted. so yea it will be some time yet. rest of the tub is almost pristine for a 20 yr old Jeep

Awesome customer service here and super fast answers keep up the good work!
Regards,
Bern
bernm8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #847
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The JEEPForum MONSTA Promo will end on Wednesday evening at Midnight.

Anyone still looking to take advantage has approx 36 hours remaining.

Starting this Thursday, Monstaliner will be FREE for 24 hours. Ha.. April Fools!

Seriously, Order now or miss the deal! This is still a 38% discount off list price!

I just want to express thanks again to everyone who has participated in my vendor intro thread and extra thanks to everyone who has placed an order.

Final order count for the promo coming soon.

Regards
MagnetMan

Edit: Anyone still waiting on colors will not be left out. Just let us complete our lab work and I'll take care of everyone.

I know I waited last minute but its still wed and not close to midnight yet, However the free chassis saver coupon code isnt working.
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #848
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonfly View Post
I know I waited last minute but its still wed and not close to midnight yet, However the free chassis saver coupon code isnt working.
You must put 1 quart of Chassis Saver into shop cart first before the coupon will work. Choose correct color you want.
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #849
aerojeeptj

Got mine in today! Did some prep work and painted the floor pans with chassis saver to hold me over until I get time to do the liner. Yikes the MEK just about knocked me out, talk about strong stuff. I was dumb enough to think that I could wash a paintbrush with Chassis Saver on it and ended up staining the laundry room sink...until MEK came to the rescue and wiped it all off Any advice for keeping these cans fresh besides using the plastic wrap between the lid?

Waiting until I have to do the second coat and I assume that will be good enough. My floor pans had minor surface rust.
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #850
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Why not pry out the other drain holes before you line it, too?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #851
aerojeeptj

the tabs below them are very weak and rusted that they would have probably snapped if I tried to bend them. I don't ever pull those out regardless
Unread 03-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #852
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Got mine in today! Did some prep work and painted the floor pans with chassis saver to hold me over until I get time to do the liner. Yikes the MEK just about knocked me out, talk about strong stuff. I was dumb enough to think that I could wash a paintbrush with Chassis Saver on it and ended up staining the laundry room sink...until MEK came to the rescue and wiped it all off Any advice for keeping these cans fresh besides using the plastic wrap between the lid?

Waiting until I have to do the second coat and I assume that will be good enough. My floor pans had minor surface rust.
As long as you close the can well to prevent air from getting in you should be fine. You can put the whole can in a large ziploc and put in refrigerator as well. Cold keeps better. Just be sure to take out of cold minimum of 24 hours before next use.

Better to use throw-away brushes with Chassis Saver
Unread 03-31-2010, 03:09 PM   #853
aerojeeptj

Ok cool. I bought throw away brushes but unfortunately 3 different sizes and I liked the one size I was trying to wash but oh well...
Unread 03-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #854
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Ok cool. I bought throw away brushes but unfortunately 3 different sizes and I liked the one size I was trying to wash but oh well...
Cheap foam brushes work real well with CS
Unread 03-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #855
aerojeeptj

oo, ya don't have any of those here and the Jeep isn't really driveable with wet paint lol so I'll have to make due with the brushes I have

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.