Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 566 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 07-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #8476
clintlight27
1994 YJ Wrangler 

For those of you who have done your exterior, how well does monstaliner hold up to a powerwasher? Does it peel or flake when powerwashed?

clintlight27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #8477
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

if you prep the metal correctly theres no reason for it to peel. if it did, i'm sure we wouldnt be reading through 566 pages of positive reviews
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #8478
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintlight27 View Post
For those of you who have done your exterior, how well does monstaliner hold up to a powerwasher? Does it peel or flake when powerwashed?
its been a year for me, just got a power washer 2 months ago and its holding up great, no peel or flaking anywhere I've seen yet. first time i used it was surprised it looks as good as the day i put it on
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #8479
clintlight27
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Excellent, I am deployed right now but this will be the first thing I do to my YJ when I get home. I figured it would be durable, and its good to see positive feedback. From what I gather proper prepwork makes all the difference, as with any paint job.
clintlight27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #8480
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintlight27 View Post
Excellent, I am deployed right now but this will be the first thing I do to my YJ when I get home. I figured it would be durable, and its good to see positive feedback. From what I gather proper prepwork makes all the difference, as with any paint job.
Ya, the prep took 3 times as long as the install did, getting ready to redo mine, not that anything is wrong with it, just that the all black is too hot for here in Texas, going to put one of the yellows(atm Don't yell at me ) on the inside and see how that does, then I may redo the outside in "Outbreak".
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #8481
Rittsy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

should the actual windshield be taken out if you are going to do the entire exterior and interior of the windshield frame?

2000 Jeep TJ Stock. except for the CB radio :)
Rittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #8482
Tikijeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've also been wondering if windshield out is best....?
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #8483
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rittsy View Post
should the actual windshield be taken out if you are going to do the entire exterior and interior of the windshield frame?
I didnt take mine out and its been great sofar, but if you know how I think it would be better if you remove it and reinstall it after
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #8484
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I got a question, How is the windshield installed in the frame? Is there a gasket that can be reused to reinstall or is it trashed once you dig it out?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #8485
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegWJ View Post
Magnetman,

Any progress on your no-slip marine application? Just bought an old Starcraft project boat.
We have the material to do this. It needs to be broadcast into the first wet coat and then rolled over to encapsulate the particles under the 2nd coat.

The grit is actually clear so when used with a light color Monstaliner and the tops of the particles get worn it won't look like dark specks all over

We don't list it yet for sale. If you want it for a project I'll give it to you no charge with kit purchase

15 posts to 8500
Unread 07-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #8486
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i left mine in.
i taped half on the gasket and half left to be linered.
the liner has been holding up great. i have pressure washed, been in copious mud, pressure washed more, been in harsh direct sunlight among other elements, and it has held up great for the last 2 years.
the liner has not separated or cracked at the seam of the windshield frame meets the windshield gasket.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #8487
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_l_i_C_i_a View Post
it took me about 1 1/2 gallons to spray the exterior but i bought 2 gallons to make sure i had enough.
a_l_i_C_i_a did your order another gallon of Barbaric to do exterior highlights?
Unread 07-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #8488
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

If anyone is doing a regular paint job on an exterior we could tint single stage acrylic enamel or urethane to match any of the Monstashades colors

Unread 07-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #8489
a_l_i_C_i_a

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
a_l_i_C_i_a did your order another gallon of Barbaric to do exterior highlights?
Yeah, its still sitting in the garage tho...havent had time to do it yet. How well do u think the pink will go over the black? I sprayed the whole hood with the black but i want to go over it with pink.
a_l_i_C_i_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #8490
JeepJunkie98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I got a question, How is the windshield installed in the frame? Is there a gasket that can be reused to reinstall or is it trashed once you dig it out?
For a Jeep the windshield has a rubber grommet around the windshield but is held in with a silicon type sealant dispensed out of a calking gun.

Going to paint the surface for the windshield, tape it off and monstaline the frame then remove the tape and install the windshield.
JeepJunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.