Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 556 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #8326
jsp_28504
1974 CJ5 

Well i placed my Order, 2 gallons Of jungle love! Cant wait to get it in and get started!

jsp_28504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #8327
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
MEK removes scuff dust and oils, grease from painted surface

You can do a light wipe over scuffed CS but be careful since it is fresh still

OR, wipe with water dampened rags is ok just let it dry 4 - 6 hours bef ML
Perfect. Checked the CS this morning and it's almost all dry. You can see a few spots where it looks like it's not, but wow, that's some good stuff.

I'm excited to get everything done this week! Then I can finally drive the Jeep in the 15 days of summer that Seattle gets!

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #8328
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

One more question, maybe it's the lazy in me.. but I'm buying all new bolts for the seat & seatbelts of the Jeep. Is it possible to just put the old bolts into the holes like 1-2 threads instead of tape, then after the second coat remove them? I mean it's just like tape only it seals the hole better. Or is there a flaw in my thought process here??

Unread 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #8329
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

^^ Sure...Just remove them while the liner is still wet, but not set all the way. If you let it dry..good luck getting them out lol
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #8330
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
^^ Sure...Just remove them while the liner is still wet, but not set all the way. If you let it dry..good luck getting them out lol
I was thinking the same as the tape. As soon as the second coat is done and on, pull the bolts out as you're doing the tape.

Unread 06-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #8331
alicethecat
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
One more question, maybe it's the lazy in me.. but I'm buying all new bolts for the seat & seatbelts of the Jeep. Is it possible to just put the old bolts into the holes like 1-2 threads instead of tape, then after the second coat remove them? I mean it's just like tape only it seals the hole better. Or is there a flaw in my thought process here??
I have seen a few people use ear plugs and have had good results. Thats what I'm going to do.
alicethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #8332
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Leave the bolts half way in or use eat plugs. Tape tears easily and leads to hair pulling.
Unread 06-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #8333
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

has anyone done there hole jeep or part of it in tarheel
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #8334
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp_28504 View Post
Well i placed my Order, 2 gallons Of jungle love! Cant wait to get it in and get started!
I'm putting my JL in tonight or early tomorrow morning! I'm thinking it will kick butt with the flat black exterior I'm going to be doing.

Unread 06-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #8335
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

well, I got a few samples of the stuff, but I have the RESCUE GREEN jeep color and not liking anything I see so far, but the OD green. I'm only doing the inside under the carpets, but have yet to see what the Jungle Love looks like. Any of you seen it or ideas??? thanks.!
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #8336
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndman72 View Post
well, I got a few samples of the stuff, but I have the RESCUE GREEN jeep color and not liking anything I see so far, but the OD green. I'm only doing the inside under the carpets, but have yet to see what the Jungle Love looks like. Any of you seen it or ideas??? thanks.!
I have the Jungle Love chip here. And a gallon of it. I just finished taping off the tub and will be getting up early to start the process. So tomorrow night I can post some pics of how it looks. Granted at this point I have a mostly white exterior, but it's still the jungle love inside..

Unread 06-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #8337
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndman72 View Post
here's a Jungle Love exterior, it's like a forest green

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...l#post13563492
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #8338
tangotag
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Any realistic lead time on the color quart kit release?

Back from the second page of this thread color gallon kits were said to be 3 to 5 weeks out but it took much longer than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Colors are in development now. 3 to 5 weeks for availability
I have some steel projects that I would like to coat in OD this summer but would temporarily coat it with something else until quarts become available.
tangotag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #8339
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #8340
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangotag View Post
Any realistic lead time on the color quart kit release?

Back from the second page of this thread color gallon kits were said to be 3 to 5 weeks out but it took much longer than that.

I have some steel projects that I would like to coat in OD this summer but would temporarily coat it with something else until quarts become available.
As soon as we get past the pile of orders after vacation... so in little less than 3 weeks tintable quarts will be available for ordering

I'm still tossed whether to sell the tintable quart kit to include the mini roller kit or just let people order rollers separate, either the mini kit or a 4" handle and the regular rollers depending on their project needs

OPINIONS???
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.