Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 550 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #8236
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Hey there
I started reading and I need to finish over the weekend. It looks great so far. The truck came out awesome!

It's ok in the PMs for now. I'll get back to you.

Did the admin contact you spoke with tell you how to submit the copy?
Yeah he just said send it as a text doc to him and it would be reviewed and posted if ok

Unread 06-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #8237
Jeep98Wrangler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1tonyj View Post
Just my luck. I just ordered a 2 gallon kit with pyroclastic to do the exterior of my xj

What do you mean when you refer to pyroclastic?
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #8238
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep98Wrangler View Post
What do you mean when you refer to pyroclastic?
"Pyroclastic" is a new charcoal gray color
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #8239
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Just ordered 1 gal of tint. and brown eyed girl to do my interior in.
Unread 06-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #8240
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I sent the info on what was missing to our office
Told them to get it out today

Sorry for the screw up
received the missing color chips today...thanks again
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #8241
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So if I let the chassis saver dry (put on tomorrow/tuesday), then I need to scuff it up before doing the Monsta on it Thursday/Friday of this week? That's enough time for it to cure and everything right?

Thanks!

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #8242
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
So if I let the chassis saver dry (put on tomorrow/tuesday), then I need to scuff it up before doing the Monsta on it Thursday/Friday of this week? That's enough time for it to cure and everything right?

Thanks!
Yeah. The CS sets up fairly quickly, but sounds like your time window is more than adequate.
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #8243
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

May have been asked before, but has the lining helped anyone with a sound system in their jeep?

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #8244
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

1 year statistics

It's been 1 year since we released tintable Monstaliner

Here's the breakdown on top 11 colors purchased

LQG .... 15.19%
WHT .... 14.56%
MQG .... 13.80%
DSND .... 13.67%
ODG .... 8.23%
JSPC .... 5.95%
MIDN .... 4.30%
SMUR .... 4.30%
LADY .... 2.53%
READ .... 2.28%
DBTO .... 2.03%
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #8245
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice, Good success with the tintables.
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #8246
PirateQM
1982 CJ7 

I have a feeling Pyroclastic will be climbing the chart!

Got to a point with my project that had me taking out most of the interior, including the dash, so might as well knock out the interior lining. Going to place my order this week for pyro! Can't wait!! Still can't decide about the exterior... good thing I have all summer to decide.

On a different note... Eric, you were working on a "non-skid" additive for boat decks and such... is that still coming along? The only reason I'm asking is because I plan on pulling the nerf bars off my other CJ and coating that in ML. But since they are the old set they don't have a step, they are completely round and I have slipped off them before when they are wet, so I thought it would be best to have non-skid on the top of the bars. If nothing is in the works right now, what would you recommend? A little sand on the top of the first coat while it's still a little wet and then a light second coat?

Thanks!

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]'[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]97 TJ (Polaris) Long gone, but not forgotten.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]'85 CJ7 (LiL Dragon) Hauled away to be scrapped. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]'82 CJ7 (Echo)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
PirateQM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #8247
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

You're absolutely right about PYRO
I left it out of those stats but it's selling very fast as a new color and chip requests for it are out of control

On the non-skid: We have a stock material that I tested and I like it. We've used it for many years with epoxy floor coatings. I've only shipped it to a few people with no feedback so I'm assuming they liked it. It's bigger than sand particles

I'll give it to you for free in return for some photos of the job.

You have it right, you roll a nice 1st coat and sprinkle it into the wet coating and let it dry normally. Then roll 2nd coat over it and it's done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateQM View Post
I have a feeling Pyroclastic will be climbing the chart!

Got to a point with my project that had me taking out most of the interior, including the dash, so might as well knock out the interior lining. Going to place my order this week for pyro! Can't wait!! Still can't decide about the exterior... good thing I have all summer to decide.

On a different note... Eric, you were working on a "non-skid" additive for boat decks and such... is that still coming along? The only reason I'm asking is because I plan on pulling the nerf bars off my other CJ and coating that in ML. But since they are the old set they don't have a step, they are completely round and I have slipped off them before when they are wet, so I thought it would be best to have non-skid on the top of the bars. If nothing is in the works right now, what would you recommend? A little sand on the top of the first coat while it's still a little wet and then a light second coat?

Thanks!
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #8248
PirateQM
1982 CJ7 

I'm having a hard time getting the bars off the rust bucket (aka my '85). But if I can get those babies off, it's a deal... I'll try it out and provide lot's of pics!

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]'[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]97 TJ (Polaris) Long gone, but not forgotten.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]'85 CJ7 (LiL Dragon) Hauled away to be scrapped. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]'82 CJ7 (Echo)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
PirateQM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #8249
rguynn
1994 YJ Wrangler 

best way to prep?

So I know that ideally I don't want to go down to bare metal before applying monstaliner. However, I'd like some input on what might be the best way to prep tub as I couldn't find anything that was exactly like I have.

My jeep apparently had carpets ripped out long ago. The PO had told me that he had simply been using black spray paint once in a while to keep the tub clean. I also found out that about 10 years ago he did try to use herculiner on it. Needless to say it's all a mish mash of old herc and spray paint (several colors are visible)

In many places the herc and paint have chipped off to bare metal. I think I know the answer but what do the pros think the best approach for my tub is. You can see some of the mess in the pics below.

Thanks
photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg   photo-3.jpg  
rguynn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #8250
Rebel442
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Got my od green in last week and I'm getting ready to start. I'm sure this might have been covered, but there's lots of pages to cover. If I mix up the monsta can I get away with using half of it one day and the rest 24 hours later? Will MEK hold it over, what about putting it in the freezer?

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.