Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #811
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
I got one... can you come to Alabama and do the install for me?

j/k

After I take everything out, I'll use the MEK to wipe things down, including removing any gummy carpet adhesive on the back area. I plan on rerunning some cables (amp and ipod cables) at the same time, so it's a good time for me to do all of this.

My son is not looking forward to me kicking his car out of the garage though. Oh well.
I'm tired from sanding on Friday. You on your own! I'll be headed your way again in July. Maybe I'll stop by to see your job

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #812
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That'd be cool, just get me details as it gets closer and we can work something out! Lots of good restaurants here in Huntsville!
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #813
Rynoman27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just got my tracking number. Whoooo hooooo. I cant wait.

Luckrider, i just printed off your write up too, thanks for that im sure it will come in handy.
Rynoman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #814
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynoman27 View Post
Just got my tracking number. Whoooo hooooo. I cant wait.

Luckrider, i just printed off your write up too, thanks for that im sure it will come in handy.
No problem. I am glad it helps others. I think I might do another one with the next Jeep.

Anyone interested?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #815
telkinsjr
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Finished my install, that was a bit of work but well worth it. Just a few things. My kit didn't have the mixing sticks or the brush. That's was OK since I had some mixing sticks and a ton of brushes left over from painting my house. The only other thing was one of my foam rollers fell apart instantly. It was the first coat too. Followed the directions perfectly for mixing and everything. Poured it in a tray, started to roll and 5 minutes later I had no roller. Luckily, the second one held up for both coats, I just had to MEK the crap out of it after the first coat so I could use it later.

Spent Thursday doing prep work (it was more than I expected), Layed down the liner Friday and let it sit all day Saturday. The dog hopped in it Sunday and slid all the way to the front. I got some rubber lining at Home Depot and put down a pad for her with velcro. It doesn't look too bad and gives her some grip on the road.

Before

Dog hair!

Stripped and clean

First coat

Everything back in

Rubber lining

One thing I did do a little different; On some of the harder to reach spots and where the metal was folded over leaving little gaps I sprayed some black platic dip in to fill the holes. The color dried to a perfect match. Didn't do it in anyplace you could notice, just some spots that were way to tiny for the brush.

All in all, I'm happy with the product and it's nice to be able to wipe it down. I did it for two reasons, to get rid of the dog hair and the moldy carpet smell from Florida's 3 p.m. rian shows. Now I can leave the Safari top on and forget about it.
04 LJ: 4.0, auto, 4.88s, Aussie Locker front, Trac-loc rear, 3" BDS lift, Rock Krawler HD steering, 1" BL, 35" KM2s, MCE Flattie Fenders, Olympic A/T Slider front and rear bumpers, A/T rock rails, XRC8 winch, onboard CO2, Hummer-style intake, Hi-lift, HighRock tire carrier, CB, Bluetooth, Monstaliner
telkinsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #816
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It looks good. I guess you had a busy Jeep weekend.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #817
telkinsjr
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
It looks good. I guess you had a busy Jeep weekend.
This with a Flattie Fender install and a club meeting, yeah, a little bit.
04 LJ: 4.0, auto, 4.88s, Aussie Locker front, Trac-loc rear, 3" BDS lift, Rock Krawler HD steering, 1" BL, 35" KM2s, MCE Flattie Fenders, Olympic A/T Slider front and rear bumpers, A/T rock rails, XRC8 winch, onboard CO2, Hummer-style intake, Hi-lift, HighRock tire carrier, CB, Bluetooth, Monstaliner
telkinsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #818
Goobersbro

another question The bedliner adheres to the seem culking pretty well I take it yes????
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #819
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you are talking about that tar like stuff, I just scuffed it with the pad and cleaned it some. I had no issues with adhesion, and it smoothed it out a tad (you could still see where it was of course).
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #820
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
If you are talking about that tar like stuff, I just scuffed it with the pad and cleaned it some. I had no issues with adhesion, and it smoothed it out a tad (you could still see where it was of course).
rite cool beans yea currently I have none in the jeep whatsoever I removed it all and almost have the whole tub stripped to bare metal I'm going to self etch it and then reply a thinner bead everywhere and then lay down the liner
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #821
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

MONSTA Promo Ending Soon!

The JEEPForum MONSTA Promo will end on Wednesday evening at Midnight.

Anyone still looking to take advantage has approx 36 hours remaining.

Starting this Thursday, Monstaliner will be FREE for 24 hours. Ha.. April Fools!

Seriously, Order now or miss the deal! This is still a 38% discount off list price!

I just want to express thanks again to everyone who has participated in my vendor intro thread and extra thanks to everyone who has placed an order.

Final order count for the promo coming soon.

Regards
MagnetMan

Edit: Anyone still waiting on colors will not be left out. Just let us complete our lab work and I'll take care of everyone.

Last edited by magnetman; 03-30-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #822
siuXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

PM Post

This is a repost from PMs between myself and magnetman per request.

Hey there, I'm going to be bed lining a XJ sometime this spring and I'm between your product and durabak. Here is my situation. It is 96 XJ with dodge paint syndrome (hood has pealed to bare metal; the rest of paint is flaking/bubbling off slowly).

I really like the look of your product. If I went with your product, what would your advice be on prep? Would it be a full out sand down job w/your chassis saver followed by the liner? Also how close are you to a yellow tint? Thanks a bunch for your time, and also everything your are doing for jeepforum

-Alex

---------------------------
Hi Alex

I would remove all paint and then prime with an epoxy primer. You can then roll 2 coats of Monstaliner right over the primer. Reason I push the primer over Chassis Saver here is that you won't have to sand as coarse as needed for Chassis Saver to stick to bare metal.

I'd like to take your question public so others can benefit from this Q&A session. Can you repost this question into my vendor thread and I'll start by posting my 1st answer again? Also, do you have any photos of the failing paint job and what is happening on different areas of the jeep?

Yes, yellow is a color we can do when you are ready.

Regards
MagnetMan

----------------------------------------

Oh also forgot to add that the peeling/bubbling seems to be stopping at the factory primer in most spots minus the hood of course. thanks again!

-Alex

------------------------
Pics below!

BTW this was the one I saved from cash for clunkers (dealership didn't get paid for it, haha)
siuXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #823
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The factory paint does usually suck, but at least the primer is top notch.

MagnetMan, would a full bare metal sand really be best in this situation now that we see pics? I would think just a good sand to get back to the primer would be sufficient.

Good luck with your new project. It would be great to see this on the outside of a Jeep. Are you going to go for the texture, or are you going to make it smooth? MagnetMan showed a way to get it smooth earlier in this thread.
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #824
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by siuXJ View Post
This is a repost from PMs between myself and magnetman per request.

Hey there, I'm going to be bed lining a XJ sometime this spring and I'm between your product and durabak. Here is my situation. It is 96 XJ with dodge paint syndrome (hood has pealed to bare metal; the rest of paint is flaking/bubbling off slowly).

I really like the look of your product. If I went with your product, what would your advice be on prep? Would it be a full out sand down job w/your chassis saver followed by the liner? Also how close are you to a yellow tint? Thanks a bunch for your time, and also everything your are doing for jeepforum

-Alex

---------------------------
Hi Alex

I would remove all paint and then prime with an epoxy primer. You can then roll 2 coats of Monstaliner right over the primer. Reason I push the primer over Chassis Saver here is that you won't have to sand as coarse as needed for Chassis Saver to stick to bare metal.

I'd like to take your question public so others can benefit from this Q&A session. Can you repost this question into my vendor thread and I'll start by posting my 1st answer again? Also, do you have any photos of the failing paint job and what is happening on different areas of the jeep?

Yes, yellow is a color we can do when you are ready.

Regards
MagnetMan

----------------------------------------

Oh also forgot to add that the peeling/bubbling seems to be stopping at the factory primer in most spots minus the hood of course. thanks again!

-Alex

------------------------
Pics below!

Now that's a mess and a perfect job for Monstaliner.

Can you try something on an area that is not peeling?

Get 10 to 12" of duct tape and rub it down real hard leaving 3 to 4 inches hanging loose. Then pull up real hard at a 90 degree angle to the body panel and see if the clear coat comes off.
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #825
siuXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Most definitely textured. As mentioned in the pms this probably won't be a reality until late spring/early summer. My only real concern is how to deal with prep. The primer is pretty solid minus the few spots its down to bare metal.
siuXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.