Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 549 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 06-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #8221
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

This is a common question and I have recommended the following many times with no one coming back to me that they had problems. Have not tried this myself:

Since you can't scuff sand Herculiner or it would be like trying to sand a rubber ball, take a long handle wire brush and brush the crap out of it until you see that the brushing has scratched and dulled the coating between the rubber chunks. Be gentle at the same time because you don't want to be pulling the rubber particles out of the surface or you could break the film and it may start to peel then. Solvent clean the surface and you are ready to Monstaline.

Removal is another option using a stinky paint remover but then you have to deal with possibly priming the under surface because you may remove more than just the Herculiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredhawkeye View Post
I have a question for you Magnetman.

A little over a year ago I painted my bumpers and side cladding with Herculiner roll on bed liner. Well after a year of sitting outside at college at least half of it has pretty much faded away. Anyways my question is, do you think it would be okay just to roll over the old Herculiner with Monstaliner? I really don't want to have to try to remove all of the existing bed liner.

If I can simply roll over it then I definitely will be buying Monstaliner, if not I might just have to buy some cheap bed liner spray cans and redo it every year or so.

Thanks!

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #8222
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearPKT View Post
Got the catalyst yesterday and coated the inside with pyroclastic this morning. I don't know if the headache is from the fumes or the 3 hours of sleep, but it was well worth it.
Sorry about that screw up. That was one of the reasons I wanted to contribute to unemployment problem. Had given the info on sending this almost 2 weeks ago while I was away and it did not get done.
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #8223
bigredhawkeye
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
This is a common question and I have recommended the following many times with no one coming back to me that they had problems. Have not tried this myself:

Since you can't scuff sand Herculiner or it would be like trying to sand a rubber ball, take a long handle wire brush and brush the crap out of it until you see that the brushing has scratched and dulled the coating between the rubber chunks. Be gentle at the same time because you don't want to be pulling the rubber particles out of the surface or you could break the film and it may start to peel then. Solvent clean the surface and you are ready to Monstaline.

Removal is another option using a stinky paint remover but then you have to deal with possibly priming the under surface because you may remove more than just the Herculiner
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply! Sounds like I'll be ordering some when the funds become available.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/2000-wj-build-cadets-budget-1374433/"]WJ Expedition Build Thread[/URL][/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/114319-Planning-one-last-trip-(CO-UT-OR-WA-CAN-Alaska-etc-)-for-my-Dad-and-I"]My Travel Thread[/URL]
bigredhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #8224
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateQM View Post
Still can't decide... Turquila or Zombie Sunset. Cody's Zombie looks great, but there are a bunch of orange Jeeps out here and I do want to be unique. I know, two completely different colors to choose from.... but like them both!
Don't tell onelow1ton

Predator!
416188_433127196712649_2141596116_o.jpg   photobucket-1466-1338234297398.jpg  
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #8225
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

We're out of tintable Monstaliner until Monday
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #8226
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyPB13 View Post
Tinga, I have to laugh everytime I see the "DH" in your posts. Quite a few years ago my wife belonged to a pregnancy forum and I told her that I thought the "DH" meant designated hitter. Lmao!!
LOL My "husband" read some of the forum posts I make and was like " Why do you keep calling me your Dumb Husband" And of course I was like " Uhh, nope. Didn't" DH = Dumb Husband apparently lol

Which is NOT what I was referring to. DH= Dear Husband DD=Dear Daughter, DS=Son etc. It's a carryover from another forum I'm a part of lol
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #8227
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Married couples call each other all kinds of stuff. There's another meaning I was thinking of, sorry
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #8228
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

LOL ahhhhhhh I got it now. DH
Surely applicable at times, but for the most part nope.
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #8229
okie1tonyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman
We're out of tintable Monstaliner until Monday
Just my luck. I just ordered a 2 gallon kit with pyroclastic to do the exterior of my xj
okie1tonyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #8230
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

1,000 POST MADE! Riiiight...NOW!
Unread 06-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #8231
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Don't tell onelow1ton

Predator!
Eric now that your back in town let me know once you have reviewed what I sent you or if you want me to send it via email so it's not broken up in pm just let me know where to send it and I will
Unread 06-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #8232
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelow1ton View Post
Eric now that your back in town let me know once you have reviewed what I sent you or if you want me to send it via email so it's not broken up in pm just let me know where to send it and I will
Hey there
I started reading and I need to finish over the weekend. It looks great so far. The truck came out awesome!

It's ok in the PMs for now. I'll get back to you.

Did the admin contact you spoke with tell you how to submit the copy?
Unread 06-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #8233
caputod
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i am going to coat my tj interior. did you ever make a jeep kit or find out how much i would need
White Jeep Club Member #58
caputod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #8234
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caputod View Post
i am going to coat my tj interior. did you ever make a jeep kit or find out how much i would need
Hey, where you been for the last 2 years?

1 gal kit does it
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #8235
caputod
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i read up till page 50 awhile back and i knew you get back really fast so i just decided to post. thank you very much i will be ordering it after Monday to get some tint-able.
the look of it is exactly what i want i wish i could of lived closer to maybe get your professional skills on it.
White Jeep Club Member #58
caputod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.