Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 545 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #8161
Jeep98Wrangler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If I am just going to use it for the tub of my jeep do i need to use a respirator? I mean, how long am i supposed to wipe the surface, a couple swipes has seemed to do a good enough job. Which would make the whole tub probly a ten minute wipe down job. Then let it evaporate in order to put down liner.

Unread 06-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #8162
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

^^ Make sure you are in an open area with good ventilation, limit skin contact and wipe down. MOST of the dirt/grime should have been cleaned with the TSP beforehand. The MEK is to remove oils and dirt that have accumulated since then. A quick once over is sufficient.
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #8163
bloodwar
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well,

I've started prepping for the monstaliner. I officially hate Torx head bolts! I have 1 bolt under the driver seat that snapped off while trying to remove it.

I'll have to drill that out. sigh

Ok lets remove the roll bars and yay 1 torx head strips out. Haven't even started the passenger side bolts yet.

Ran to harbor freight and grabbed some cutoff wheels for my grinder, looks like tomorrow is going to be a fun day.

By chance does anyone know how the footman loops in the rear seat area on a 2000 wrangler are attached? are they torx or allen head..mine are covered in some pretty poor bedliner the PO used so I'm having issues trying to clean them out to determine the fastener type. ( only tried one as the broken bolts took up more time than I had tonight)

Oh and Magnetman rocks! Thanks for replying to my PM the other day! Awesome service IMO for anyone that hasn't figured that out by the plethora of his replies on this thread.
bloodwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #8164
outdoorguy86
1983 CJ7 

Got the exterior painted you today. It looks awesome!!

forumrunner_20120609_234456.jpg
Colorado Jeep Club Member #2086

[COLOR="black"] /l , [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [____],
l---L---OlllllllO-[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)=[COLOR="Yellow"]@[/COLOR]=)_)

[COLOR="Cyan"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/nicks-83-cj7-frame-off-build-1360039/"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
outdoorguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #8165
Jeep98Wrangler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinga View Post
^^ make sure you are in an open area with good ventilation, limit skin contact and wipe down. Most of the dirt/grime should have been cleaned with the tsp beforehand. The mek is to remove oils and dirt that have accumulated since then. A quick once over is sufficient.

tsp????
Unread 06-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #8166
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep98Wrangler View Post
tsp????
TSP is Trisodium Phosphate, a cheap and effective cleaner/degreaser for paint prep.

Any cleaner/degreaser (Purple Power, Simple Green, Marine Clean etc) will work to get the bulk of the dirt and oil off the parts you are painting. Even dawn dish soap will work fairly well. The solvent wipe gets the last little bit of oil and removes the residue left from whatever cleaner/degreaser you used.
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #8167
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone have any idea how well this stuff will adhere to or over silicone caulking?

The PO of my Jeep decided to caulk over all the welds in the new floorboards after he welded them in and I'd really love to not have to go back and remove it all as he put it on pretty damn thick.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #8168
outdoorguy86
1983 CJ7 

Wire wheel would make quick work of that. Problem with putting it on over silicon is then your bond is as strong as the silicon to the metal
Colorado Jeep Club Member #2086

[COLOR="black"] /l , [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [____],
l---L---OlllllllO-[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)=[COLOR="Yellow"]@[/COLOR]=)_)

[COLOR="Cyan"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/nicks-83-cj7-frame-off-build-1360039/"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
outdoorguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #8169
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Eric,
I received what was supposed to be a full set of chips today. I had ordered it so I could compare the yellow/orange/red colors for myself...but it was missing six colors

Zombie Sunset
Smurfadelic
Blood Bath
Brown Eyed Girl
Road Rash
Freedom Fried

Any idea why these colors were missing, or if they were left out intentionally, when they will ship, so I can have a complete set?
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #8170
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor1 View Post
Eric I think you need to send Tinga a big thanks for covering for you this last week! Why you were out
BIG THANKS TO TINGA!!!

Did not realize how many posts there have been here where she has covered for me. I'm still out of town until tomorrow. Looking through questions here today to see if anything else needs to be addressed
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #8171
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Sorry about this

Can you give me your invoice # and we will mail what was missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
Eric,
I received what was supposed to be a full set of chips today. I had ordered it so I could compare the yellow/orange/red colors for myself...but it was missing six colors

Zombie Sunset
Smurfadelic
Blood Bath
Brown Eyed Girl
Road Rash
Freedom Fried

Any idea why these colors were missing, or if they were left out intentionally, when they will ship, so I can have a complete set?
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #8172
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Anyone have any idea how well this stuff will adhere to or over silicone caulking?

The PO of my Jeep decided to caulk over all the welds in the new floorboards after he welded them in and I'd really love to not have to go back and remove it all as he put it on pretty damn thick.
Got to be careful with this. Is it clear or white caulk and are you sure it's silicone?
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #8173
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
TSP is Trisodium Phosphate, a cheap and effective cleaner/degreaser for paint prep.

Any cleaner/degreaser (Purple Power, Simple Green, Marine Clean etc) will work to get the bulk of the dirt and oil off the parts you are painting. Even dawn dish soap will work fairly well. The solvent wipe gets the last little bit of oil and removes the residue left from whatever cleaner/degreaser you used.
Correct, just skip the TSP and just use Dawn. Will be changing the install guide soon and this is what it will say.

TSP has changed and the old style stuff is gone and been mostly replaced with a "substitute" which really sucks
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #8174
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Sorry about this

Can you give me your invoice # and we will mail what was missing
sure, it's #93218

thanks
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #8175
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to see you're still alive MagnetMan!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.