Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 541 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #8101
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So my mind is set and I'll be ordering soon.
Since I can't afford a new Gecko JKU I might aswell make the best of what I have.

Predator ext.
Pyro Int.
Either Pyro or Black flares, bumpers, Hood panel.

I won't be doing int/ext together for cost reasons. I'm thinking interior first? Although I want to accent some exterior with the pyro too. Maybe I should do the predator first since its lighter and will be accented with the pyro.

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #8102
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerad11 View Post
Kenny!

Sadly, i cant orfer my monstaliner 2gal kit till wednesday and the promotion ended last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
No doubt Eric's been busy and hasn't changed the Promo page yet. Try and order it with the promo code. It should still show free shipping and Chassis Saver. The promo has been "extended" for nearly 2 years, and although it may not last forever, it might still be valid.

Darek , glad to see you hear bro!

Like Tinga said I'm sure it will still be good it has been extended now for a very long time
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #8103
greenmonsterXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I cant seem to find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know exactly what size torx bits I need to take all the bolts out with? Also what supplies do I need before I start the MONSTA process?
Yellow Jeep Club Member #274[/COLOR]
greenmonsterXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #8104
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Torx Save yourself some trouble and buy a set. You'll use them EVERYWHERE on a Jeep.
As far as supplies:
Gloves, extra rollers and roller pads, MEK, beer, paint pans, foam earplugs, shop rags,beer, sanding block or 80 grit paper,beer, maybe some primer, brushes if you plan on using your Chassis Saver.......beer.
Unread 06-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #8105
Jeep98Wrangler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I myself am making a trip to Sears tomorrow to get a Torx kit because all the more local stores seem to have is the 8 peice set. I'm sure if I got the small set then I'd have all of the sizes except for what i needed lol. Anyways, I'm going to bet on the Craftsman Torx set being the best candidate.
Also, what is the ideal temperature to apply Monstaliner in? I know if it is too hot/humid then that will cause the ML to thicken up and be hard to work with. I want to avoid the thickening. What temp/humidity should i aim to apply it in? What is the solution for over-thickened ML?
Where did you guys get your MEK/Acetone to clean your scuffed surface? Should it be at a local hardware store?
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #8106
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep98Wrangler View Post
Also, what is the ideal temperature to apply Monstaliner in? I know if it is too hot/humid then that will cause the ML to thicken up and be hard to work with. I want to avoid the thickening. What temp/humidity should i aim to apply it in? What is the solution for over-thickened ML?
Where did you guys get your MEK/Acetone to clean your scuffed surface? Should it be at a local hardware store?
Best temp is in the 70's with humidity under 65%. I didn't have a problem with MonstaLiner over thickening, but I did use smaller paint pans, refilled them frequently and kept the can in a cool, shady place in the meantime. DO NOT GET THE CAN WET!! It cure with moisture.

I got MEK at Lowes, but I guess it depends on where you live. California peoples seem to have a hard time finding it.
Unread 06-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #8107
Neudiin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep98Wrangler View Post
Also, what is the ideal temperature to apply Monstaliner in? I know if it is too hot/humid then that will cause the ML to thicken up and be hard to work with. I want to avoid the thickening. What temp/humidity should i aim to apply it in? What is the solution for over-thickened ML? Where did you guys get your MEK/Acetone to clean your scuffed surface? Should it be at a local hardware store?
This post is where he gove me advice on doing mine. It was sunny, in the 80's and kinda humid when I did mine.

It thickening is part of the process. As that post talks about its a skin forming you want to avoid. My advice is if you don't have a garage to do it in, find some serious shade. I started with the front floor boards and by the time I finished the first coat on the back and tailgate, the front was barely tacky so I got not break between coats lol.

Lowes didn't have quarts of Xylene. I did find MEK there also MEK substitute. But Ace Hardware had both in quarts.

Edit: If you haven't ordered or have some time, I'd just order some S8 reducer from Monsta.
Neudiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #8108
Kavik79

I don't see a response to a couple questions that were asked two pages ago regarding using MEK to clean plastic before applying, but this was the very first paragraph in the pdf on monstaliners site about applying to plastic:
Quote:
CAUTION: Do not use ANY solvents on plastic prior to surface prep and coating of
fender flares and similar plastic surfaces. Lacquer thinner, acetone, MEK will all
penetrate plastic and cause adhesion failures of any coatings applied to plastic. If
solvent has been used to clean plastic, you must wait 30 days before coating.
since about 50% of my project is going to be on plastic bumpers, I plan to follow that advice.

However, this is my question: The bumpers are already painted, with just the occasional scratch through to bare plastic.....should I just scuff the whole surface and apply primer over the bare plastic areas? Or maybe hit it with a spray paint intended for plastics? I hate to go and buy a jug of adhesion promoter just for a couple little bare spots

p.s.
ridiculous fast shipping, ordered my stuff at 10 at night on Wednesday, arrived at my door Friday
Kavik79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #8109
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Best temp is in the 70's with humidity under 65%. I didn't have a problem with MonstaLiner over thickening, but I did use smaller paint pans, refilled them frequently and kept the can in a cool, shady place in the meantime. DO NOT GET THE CAN WET!! It cure with moisture.

I got MEK at Lowes, but I guess it depends on where you live. California peoples seem to have a hard time finding it.
MEK is hard to find here in Ohio. I think my county doesn't allow the sale of it, because I've found it in hardware/home stores of all the adjacent counties.
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #8110
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Is there an idex of finished products somewhere? I looked on the website, in a lot of the forum pages and also on FB. I wanted to compare some of the complete yellow/orange shade exteriors and I just can't find any? I know awhile ago there was a complete road rash I believe. Any help finding some of these would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone done any exterior with detention yet? I think I am down to one of those colors but I want to see them on something larger than a chip.

See ya,

Pat
qlfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #8111
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

I think it would be good to start a thread somewhere for a post your monstaliner so people could compare like said above
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #8112
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelow1ton View Post
I think it would be good to start a thread somewhere for a post your monstaliner so people could compare like said above
Monstaliner pics thread!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/m...eriors-1376308
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #8113
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlfarm View Post
Is there an idex of finished products somewhere? I looked on the website, in a lot of the forum pages and also on FB. I wanted to compare some of the complete yellow/orange shade exteriors and I just can't find any? I know awhile ago there was a complete road rash I believe. Any help finding some of these would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone done any exterior with detention yet? I think I am down to one of those colors but I want to see them on something larger than a chip.

See ya,

Pat
I've been asking for comparison pics of the reds, yellows, and oranges for what seems like over a month now...all we've been shown so far is the blues, greens, grays, and browns..which while some of those are pretty cool, they don't help me with my choice of orange
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #8114
Yarz
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hood shots:

1990 White YJ TBI350, SM465, NP231, SOA, RE 1.5" SOA springs, Ford 8.8, D30, 4.10's, JBConversions SYE, XJ shaft, Bilstein 5150s, jb4x4 steering, MORE SS brakelines, 35x12.50 15 MT's, '95 YJ Brake Booster, '78 Grand Marquis MC, ZJ Prop. Valve
Yarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #8115
Jeep98Wrangler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

For all those interested, I am going to be doing a write-up showing my progress through the Monstaliner Installation thru the next couple weeks. The thread is here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...te-up-1376699/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.