Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 515 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #7711
95YJIL
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Magnetman, it appears in the photos that Monsta has a sheen to it and is kind of glossy when first done, does it stay that way or does turn to a flatter sheen after awhile? I like the flatter look for the exterior. I would like to spray this instead of rolling and was wondering if there is a way to get a tighter more uniform texture. I might get flamed for this, but I like the tighter texture of Raptor. Would messing with the psi and distance of spray tighten up the texture? Here is a link that has a picture of the difference in texture.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/herculiner-1230746/

95YJIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #7712
cornfed55
1979 CJ7 

Magnetman,
I was getting ready to research options with CS and Monstaliner and see I am a day late on the promo. Is there going to be any extension to the last promotion.

My plans are to CS seams and bottom of tub as well as the frame when finished prepping. I found light rust in the seams after removing most of the old seam sealer and want to put something back to prevent it from growing.

Also I was wondering about the liner on the bottom of the tub as well and how it does in proximity to heat like on the firewall and transmission tunnel.

Looks like great products and look forward to purchasing some in the near future.
cornfed55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #7713
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed55 View Post
Magnetman,
I was getting ready to research options with CS and Monstaliner and see I am a day late on the promo. Is there going to be any extension to the last promotion.

My plans are to CS seams and bottom of tub as well as the frame when finished prepping. I found light rust in the seams after removing most of the old seam sealer and want to put something back to prevent it from growing.

Also I was wondering about the liner on the bottom of the tub as well and how it does in proximity to heat like on the firewall and transmission tunnel.

Looks like great products and look forward to purchasing some in the near future.

Use the promo code anyways. I can't count how many extensions there have been. MY OWN EXPERIENCE with MonstaLiner and transmission tunnel heat is, drove 100+ miles with my bare foot on or around the transmission tunnel for HOURS. Wasn't uncomfortable at all.
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #7714
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Magnet, sorry up front because this isn't a Monsta question...

Does Magnet Paints make a Black, UV resistant topcoat comparable to (err, I mean better than) POR-15's Blackcote? I already have a bedliner-like substance (American Safety Technologies MS-400G, applied before I knew Monsta existed) in my tub, but never topcoated it, so it is gray and now I want it black to match my Road Rage Monsta Exterior with Black Monsta trim...ideas?
takirc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #7715
markdr7
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Skip the spray can stuff. Do all your bodywork. When you decide on what color you want, order 1 quart of the Universal automotive primer we sell for $16.50 at the same time you order the ML.
1 Quart covers 100 sq ft, probably more than 6 spray cans would do

You can roll this stuff over the bondo and over scuffed paint. There is no risk of the ML lifting or damaging it.

What color is your jeep exterior now?
Since this is my daily driver I wasnt sure if bondo woud hold up to the outside elements until I primed it. I guess I can always just roll on your universal primer after i complete each section of bondo.

The color is kind of a steel blue.

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/...kdr7/Cherokee/

Also how do you think Monstaliner would hold in the wheel wells?
markdr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #7716
Wolfie

"Coverage: 60 sq ft per gallon in 2 coats. 1 gallon kit completes any 2 door Wrangler Jeep tub or 6 foot pickup bed"

Is that 1 coat or 2? I remember somewhere on this thread i was told 2 gallons to do my jeep cherokee as a paint job? Or would i be able to do a gallon and a half? This is not including the underside. If i get to would i be able to do the paint job and underside?
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #7717
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Two coats...read the quote you posted again, but slower this time.
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #7718
Wolfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogTJ View Post
Two coats...read the quote you posted again, but slower this time.
I was just clarifying because i honestly dont know how many sq feet a wrangler is. But that still doesnt answer my other some what more important question
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #7719
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I was just clarifying because i honestly dont know how many sq feet a wrangler is. But that still doesnt answer my other some what more important question
I think the 2 gallons for the outside of an XJ is a pretty safe bet if that's what Eric told ya. I had some extra in mine and with spraying you might get a bit more. Going down to 1 1/2 gallons *might* be cutting it close. Better to have extra than not enough. For the underside you could use all that awesome CS you'll be getting!
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #7720
Sc-CJ
1982 CJ7 

Hey all.... Been silent on here for a very long time, but wanted to report that I just finished my full exterior coat of Read my lips this past weekend and it looks phenomenal! Went with red exterior and black for inside of tub. I'll try to get some pics up here soon.

"Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde" Old Gaelic proverb
Sc-CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #7721
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc-CJ View Post
Hey all.... Been silent on here for a very long time, but wanted to report that I just finished my full exterior coat of Read my lips this past weekend and it looks phenomenal! Went with red exterior and black for inside of tub. I'll try to get some pics up here soon.
Pics or it didn't happen Looking forward to seeing it, I have a buddy that is considering this combo on his TJ.
takirc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #7722
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

All I want to say is Eric you are the man and can't wait to place my next order
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #7723
alicethecat
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I thought predator was going to be a no-brainer but the new orange is really speaking to me. Next week both colors will be ready to ship?

alicethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #7724
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Yes next week. This is why I have not been around much this week.

Other new colors sure to get some attention will be, Outbreak and Infection
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #7725
alicethecat
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Yes next week. This is why I have not been around much this week.

Other new colors sure to get some attention will be, Outbreak and Infection
Please tell me about those. Are there any other greens or oranges in the works?
alicethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.