Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 511 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #7651
Bluegrass89YJ

Glad I waited... I think the predator will look better with the zombie sunset than the johnny popper

Bluegrass89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #7652
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am looking at getting your tinted kit with Desert Sand. I have a wagner power tex textured spray gun. Will I be able to use it to spray this product?

http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/porta...48,358970.html
dongalonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #7653
hawgfan0705
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If I need to can I cut monstaliner more with mek or acetone. I am only asking just in case I need it to go a little further. If I can what would be the cut ratio. I would think I would ony need to cut the second coat if I even need to cut it at all. Just let me know what you think.

Last edited by hawgfan0705; 04-29-2012 at 09:13 PM..
hawgfan0705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #7654
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

can we get a side by side comparison of zombie sunset, road rash and the new apocalypse?...I want to see which one is a brighter, more neon orange, and the road rash looks like it leans a bit towards red on my monitor
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #7655
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
can we get a side by side comparison of zombie sunset, road rash and the new apocalypse?...I want to see which one is a brighter, more neon orange, and the road rash looks like it leans a bit towards red on my monitor
Yes, give me a few days and I will take some more photos under varying lighting conditions that will show the differences better

Going to do this with the yellows as well

Road Rash is very red but still an orange. It matches Kuboda orange and Allis Chalmers orange. Apocalypse is Safety Orange
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #7656
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongalonga View Post
I am looking at getting your tinted kit with Desert Sand. I have a wagner power tex textured spray gun. Will I be able to use it to spray this product?

http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/porta...48,358970.html
You might be able to but I can't be sure.
That's funny because we've been talking about this lately if we could modify a Wagner to work like a shutz undercoat gun people could spray without a compressor

What does the tip opening look like on that unit?

How much did that cost?
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #7657
Bot

just ordered some black last night. How glossy is the black and anyway to make it smooth? WOuld those little foam rollers work with it or would it eat through them?

Sold 2005 Rubicon 3" lift, 33 MTZs, Superwinch, A to Z bumper and rock rails
Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #7658
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgfan0705 View Post
If I need to can I cut monstaliner more with mek or acetone. I am only asking just in case I need it to go a little further. If I can what would be the cut ratio. I would think I would ony need to cut the second coat if I even need to cut it at all. Just let me know what you think.
There's a mistake in these directions. Can you please edit your post and completely delete the directions? I have edited my original post to correct

Tintable should be reduced with 4 oz of MEK or Acetone per gallon. Add the reducer to the plastic bucket after mixing in the catalyst

I would not push it further than this or it could run on you

Last edited by magnetman; 04-26-2012 at 08:21 AM..
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #7659
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot View Post
just ordered some black last night. How glossy is the black and anyway to make it smooth? WOuld those little foam rollers work with it or would it eat through them?
Black will be a satin sheen, not glossy at all

Smoothness is not something ML was designed for. It's never rough. It's bumpy.

You can minimize the bumpy texture greatly by not "re-rolling" as the coating starts to get tacky

Thanks for the order!
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #7660
Bot

Ok I'll try that. Another crazy question. Could I clear coat it to get a shine or wouldn't it stick?

Sold 2005 Rubicon 3" lift, 33 MTZs, Superwinch, A to Z bumper and rock rails
Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #7661
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot View Post
Ok I'll try that. Another crazy question. Could I clear coat it to get a shine or wouldn't it stick?
Yes on the clear coat. A few people have done this with great results

I have not yet tested this myself. The safe way would be to allow the black to cure for 24 - 36 hours and then run a scotchbrite pad over it, solvent wipe and then clear.

I am sure there is a short window of opportunity to just apply the clear after 2nd coat of black with no scuff needed but I have not tested it yet to fig it out
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #7662
zookeeper93
1965 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_l_i_C_i_a View Post
wow thanks for taking the time to do that for me! I have to say im loving the barbaric. It just might be the winner.
Seriously, If I were experienced with monstaliner, I am considering this for the jeep. I just think this is way cool. I would love to see and touch one done in Monstaliner in person though and how the longevity stays looking good on an exterior over time. My JK is a daily driver now, but one day may make it to the mountians of CO where we need another vehicle. Hot pink going up the trails. I LOVE it!

We bought our jeep last spring with lots of paint chips in the front due to towing behind an RV and was about to have it repainted with a 1 step paint job all over in the same Jeep light kahki. Now, my wheels are really considering......

I have some serious thinking to do. Im thinking the hood needs a patch as well as the grill being black or charcoal grey.
Lime green roll bars. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm.
Ordered the samples yesterday.

I would love to see a FAQ page about Monstaliner and CS on the website, like the ability to store it after opening, how to do it, etc. I can think of many smaller projects for pracicing on but could not do them all at once if I got a gallon.
zookeeper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #7663
zookeeper93
1965 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
5 New Colors

------- Pyroclastic ----------- Predator ----------- Apocalypse ----------- Detention ------------ Tarheel
Tease
zookeeper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #7664
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

That was not a tease
Scroll down more the colors are there in another post
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #7665
Neudiin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeper93 View Post
I would love to see a FAQ page about Monstaliner and CS on the website, like the ability to store it after opening, how to do it, etc. I can think of many smaller projects for pracicing on but could not do them all at once if I got a gallon.
I know that magnetman is being pulled in like 12 different directions with developing new colors, making them avail, getting samples of said colors done and avail, filling orders oh and wanting to move to Alabama lol but one of those directions is making quarts of tintable ML avail. If memory serves they are due out within the next month but he'll be able to tell ya more.
Neudiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.