Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #751
Rynoman27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I do not feel like sorting through 51 pages but has anyone sprayed this? I have a nice air compressor that i use for sandblasting and figured it would be easier to spray it. Is it possible? How much is a gun?

Also, would it be easier to sandblast my jeep? Or should i just use sandpaper and scuff it up?

Rynoman27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #752
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

Sorry magnetman- haven't gotten to check much lately, it's baseball season. Will get you some shots of the interior next week when I bring her home.
84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #753
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84MSRB View Post
Sorry magnetman- haven't gotten to check much lately, it's baseball season. Will get you some shots of the interior next week when I bring her home.
Did you do the textured finish, or did you go for a smooth one? I have been interested to see how smooth someone could get it since I did the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynoman27 View Post
I do not feel like sorting through 51 pages but has anyone sprayed this? I have a nice air compressor that i use for sandblasting and figured it would be easier to spray it. Is it possible? How much is a gun?

Also, would it be easier to sandblast my jeep? Or should i just use sandpaper and scuff it up?
If you sand blast you will still have to clean the metal and then prime it again. You need paint to adhere to. As for spraying, it has done. MagnetMan outlined basics for doing it. You will need an undercoating (also known as a shutz) gun. Then it needs to be thinned about 5% with M.E.K.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #754
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84MSRB View Post
Thanks! more photos will complete that group well. Please get me 1 more good shot from outside as well.

1984 Jeep CJ7 Resto in progress (3rd Group of Photos down Page)
http://www.monstaliner.com/monstaliner_photos_video.htm

Last edited by magnetman; 03-24-2010 at 08:38 PM..
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #755
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Did you do the textured finish, or did you go for a smooth one? I have been interested to see how smooth someone could get it since I did the inside.

If you sand blast you will still have to clean the metal and then prime it again. You need paint to adhere to. As for spraying, it has done. MagnetMan outlined basics for doing it. You will need an undercoating (also known as a shutz) gun. Then it needs to be thinned about 5% with M.E.K.
Yes, don't make more work than necessary. Just scuff sand the paint.
To spray: Add 10oz MEK per gallon of Monstaliner with catalyst.

See this link
This is what Monstaliner looks like smooth.
This was thinned at the same ratio as you would for spray.
I did this to show someone for coating under mower decks.
Monstaliner Thinned, Rolled then Brushed
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #756
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That actually looks pretty good. Were there any problems with adhesion since you guys coated right over the surface rust?
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #757
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
I'm just hoping my CFO approves the purchase request before your special offer goes away.

Do most people start at the front of the Jeep (under the dash, around gears/tcase and seats) and work the way back or do they do the front and nooks and crannies FIRST then hit everything reachable with a roller?

If I can get this, I plan to mask off the upper part of my rock rails after removing the skateboard tape and applying this stuff to the upper half to provide some traction that hurts a lot less than sliding over the tape...
Just inform the CFO that with bedliner, your interior will be easier and much faster to clean than with carpet which will allow you to spend more time on CFO relations
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #758
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That actually looks pretty good. Were there any problems with adhesion since you guys coated right over the surface rust?
When I find that panel which is still packed in suitcase from Michigan trip I will gouge it with tools to check adhesion.
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #759
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey magnetman, in anticipation of the kits getting here, one thing I realized would be nice would be to do the inside of the rear wheel wells (to protect the painted metal there from the tires and the rocks and such kicked up there. Would I need to do anything special to make that work? Should I thin and brush like in those picture sequence you just posted? Or just scuff paint and try to roll it on just like everywhere else?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:36 AM   #760
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

I did the textured- with the stuff that came in the kit. I believe it's enough texture to provide some grip, but gonna be way easier to clean than stuff with rubber in it. I have to get the jeep dirty to test it myself.
And the possibility of eventually using the extra gallon on the sliders and wheel wells is pretty good right now.
84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #761
Rynoman27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Ahhh, i didnt know. Guess im just used to powdercoating where the metal has to be bare or it screws up somethin fierce.

I guess im gonna go out and try to find a shutz gun to spray it on. Thanks for the tips.
And magnet, did my stuff ship yet? lol.
Rynoman27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #762
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ahhh, i didnt know. Guess im just used to powdercoating where the metal has to be bare or it screws up somethin fierce.

I guess im gonna go out and try to find a shutz gun to spray it on. Thanks for the tips.
I believe he said today or tomorrow. They just finished making the latest batch.
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #763
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Shipping Monday

Look at this gun. It will work best with the siphon cup underneath and is cheap.
Item Detail
Unread 03-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #764
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Hey magnetman, in anticipation of the kits getting here, one thing I realized would be nice would be to do the inside of the rear wheel wells (to protect the painted metal there from the tires and the rocks and such kicked up there. Would I need to do anything special to make that work? Should I thin and brush like in those picture sequence you just posted? Or just scuff paint and try to roll it on just like everywhere else?
You just need to do a very thorough cleaning inside the wheel wells. You can't paint over road tar or foreign matter. Pressure wash or scrub and degrease then scuff sand just like a bed or tub. MEK solvent clean when you know all tar and dirt is gone.

As far as application, I have mixed thoughts.

You need to preserve those foam rollers for the areas you want to see texture. If I was doing it I would conserve some material for the wheel wells and thin it to brush in there. Use 8 to 10% MEK to reduce.

Sorry, I speak to so many people. You ordered a 2 gallon kit and 1 gallon kit. Was that your truck bed we were looking at with the bad/peeling Rhino job? If so, was that a 6 or 8 ft bed?

Last edited by magnetman; 03-25-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #765
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Placed the order on the 22nd and was able to use the coupons so thank you!

Any idea when the kit will be shipped? I havent got a confirmation e-mail for that yet.
Name should be Camilo Sanchez.
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.