Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 506 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 04-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #7576
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Got any more pics on this project reassembled, outside maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuss79 View Post
Here are some olive drab spray pics.

This is right after it was sprayed. One tip that I can offer to anyone spraying is that plastic on the ground really sticks to your feet once you get overspray on it. So tape it to the ground. Also, the only spots that I had some light coverage which I will have to touch up is on the underside of the doors when they were laying flat.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with the monstaliner. Its's very easy to spray and looks great! I can't wait to get the thing back together.

BEFORE:
Photobucket
AFTER:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #7577
wrangler5191
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
You want to purchase: "basecoat toners only, with no binders, reducers or balancers" added for the color you want to tint the ML
Do not purchase anything used to tint water base or lacquer base products. Tell them you are tinting 1 gallon of a solvent base urethane type bedliner like the Raptor product.

My only concern with a color like you are doing is that reds in general don't cover well. Our tints are more concentrated than the stuff used for automotive coatings.
8 ounces of Monstashades is normally added to 1 gallon of tintable ML.
If you only add 8 ounces of auto paint tint, a red may be more transparent than with our tints which would force you to need more coats to cover.
But then again you are going over the same color red in the tub so it may not matter.

Are you rolling this or spraying?
Magnet Man,

Thanks for the reply and info.

I am spraying. I will be ordering a kit from you first thing Monday!

Is there a down side to increasing the 8 ounces to 1 gallon of auto paint. Say 12ounces per gallon?

Mike
wrangler5191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #7578
wrangler5191
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler5191 View Post
Magnet Man,

Is there a down side to increasing the 8 ounces to 1 gallon of auto paint. Say 12ounces per gallon?

Mike
I take that back. I put the order in a minute ago!
wrangler5191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #7579
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Got it thank you!

I seriously doubt there will be any issue adding 12 oz vs 8 oz of colorant

Red is going to be expensive. If you can find a Sherwin Williams automotive paint store I believe you will save money over going Dupont, PPG, BASF, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler5191 View Post
Magnet Man,

Mike
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #7580
ShowroomShine
1998 TJ Wrangler 

A sneak peek at my almost finished CJ5 project painted with Monstaliner Smurfadelic.

A few comments about the Monstaliner. The product is great, I am extremely happy with the application and the looks of the product. I have gotten so many compliments so far.

I will say, I did 2 coats of product and I rolled to long with the first roller and have some roller debris in the finish. Also, I was assuming I'd need 2 gal of product to coat the exterior of my CJ5, but I could have gotten by with 1 gal. I mixed the second gallon, but ended up throwing it away.
ShowroomShine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #7581
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That looks really nice.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #7582
Neudiin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowroomShine View Post
That looks really great. Just curious, why you'd mix the second gallon with the catalyst if you didn't need it? Can't wait to see it out in the sun =)
Neudiin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #7583
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

So I've spent the last few hours reading page after page of this thread, I'm sold haha

My plan is to undercoat my WJ with this (definitely spraying), after taking care of as much of the rust under there as I can by cutting out and replacing and then painting with a combination of primer and Chassis Saver (the primer on the bare metal and CS on the rusted areas).

I still do have a few questions after reading however:

1. I watched the video a few (who knows how many to be honest) pages back where some member showed his mixing of the Tintable Monstaliner with a color. Hypothetically saying I wanted to do my underbody in that grayish color that it comes, rather than the black of the standard ML, would there be any adverse effects on the Monstaliner if I was to not mix a color in?
(But I can't lie, I wouldn't exactly be disappointed if the answer was that I needed a color, cause I'm thinking a nice coating of Smurfadelic might be in order for the underside, 'just fer giggles'. )
2. Do you sell the 2K primer in batches of just 1qt? On the ordering website I only see it in 2qt and 1gal. It's not a huge deal, I just can't see myself using that much primer just doing the underside where I will also be using CS.

3. ...I know I had more questions, but they escape me at this point, its way too late for me to be trying to think rationally anymore, lol, so that's it for now.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #7584
ShowroomShine
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neudiin View Post
That looks really great. Just curious, why you'd mix the second gallon with the catalyst if you didn't need it? Can't wait to see it out in the sun =)
I could have gotten by with one gallon, but I did mix the second to do some other random things around my shop and to do a few touchups.
ShowroomShine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #7585
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

98tjkrush as if I have the skills for that!

And I'm loving the blue exterior! Wow!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #7586
tractor1
old dog

1979 CJ5 

Bojon needs a little more info on Monstaliner http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/19...8/index17.html
Post 254 I've been thinking about colors since the day I bought this Jeep. I haven't been able to decide a color, little less round it down. If anything the list grows every week. Now I'm thinking about using Monstaliner on the exterior as well. I've been watching the Monstaliner thread, and a few people have done it. I think it looks pretty cool. To me the benefits are that it wouldn't scratch, bodywork doesn't need to be perfect, it's easier, perhaps a little cheaper, and certainly unique. The only downsides I can think of, it might be hard to keep clean, and once its on there, probably never going to get it off.

He is getting some bad info
Post 256 If you're going to do a bed liner on the inside of your tub you should probably go that route. Again, to prevent rusting through the liner finish. That would be agg-ra-vat-ing! The liner on the outside of the tub still requires some skill to apply, and don't rub up against or you'll get a brush burn!!
1973 Cj5 304 T15 Dana20 Sold

tractor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #7587
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

It's very quite here

Working to have final pics on 5 or 6 new colors tonight

Also backed up on answering PMs to be handled tonight as well
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #7588
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

After the colors are done I want an update on the coating with the abrasive added in.
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #7589
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

i want samples of the biege when they are ready.
i built a whole floor for my wagoneer, its all fresh 16guage steel. i was just planning on a few coats of oil base primer and paint, then monstaliner top and bottom. this sound ok? how long should i wait between the oil base and monsta?
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #7590
Rittsy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, so im scrapping the paint job i was going to do on the exterior of the jeep this summer and im going to spray this awesome stuff all over it. smurfidelic it is.

how many gallons am i going to need to cover the exterior of a 2000tj?

oh, and do you guys do military discount?

2000 Jeep TJ Stock. except for the CB radio :)
Rittsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.