Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#5 ·
In a few weeks, but knowing how the CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) is with new chemical products crossing into Canada, you'd never get it approved in time. That process could take a year or more. But it is worth your while to look into. We're a smaller ORV market than the U.S., but many of us still bedline and your entire product line would be nice to see on our Canadian hardware store shelves.

#14 ·
Does it come in any colors? Thinking about doing the tub and possibly the whole Jeep in Durabak (it comes in several colors).

#24 ·
Coating Plastic Fender Flares

Yes but you must follow specific procedures. See below...

Procedures for Coating Jeep Plastic Fender Flares and Similar Plastic Surfaces

Caution: Use no solvents on plastic prior to surface prep and coating of fender flares and similar plastic surfaces. Lacquer thinner, acetone, MEK will all penetrate plastic and cause adhesion failures of any coatings applied to plastic.

1) Clean plastic using Sprayway #050 Glass Cleaner. Allow surfaces to dry overnight.
Sprayway, Inc. - Products

2) Use Bulldog Adhesion Promoter on plastic to be coated. Follow directions on drying time and top coating.
DO NOT use Bulldog Abrasive Cleaner as directions mention. Sprayway cleaner is sufficient.
Bulldog

3) Follow with installation of Monstaliner within time frame and recoat window detailed in Bulldog directions.

Note: When tackling a fender flare project, you will want to mix small amounts of Monstaliner with catalyst. Speak to me directly before ordering any product and I'll help set you up with tools required and suggestions for doing job correctly.

Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings

#26 · (Edited)
Good question on price. I did some research to verify some facts.

First of all, Monstaliner is a full 2 gallon kit.

Raptor includes only 1.06 gallon of sprayable product in their kit (4 x 3/4 liters of coating (0.7928 gal) + 1 liter of catalyst (0.2642 gal) for a total of 1.057 gallons)
The kit is specified to cover 125 square feet. Pricing I see around the web ranges from just below $100 to $130+

We designed Monstaliner to go down much heavier and to provide 4 or 5 times the dry film thickness of other "paint on" liners (as we refer to Raptor type products).
There is also some very unique chemistry involved with Monstaliner which allows extremely high film thickness without bubbling or blistering.
You can not achieve this kind of thickness with other urethane coatings.

Monstaliner is closer to thin mayonaise or peanut butter and it contains much less solvent than paint sprayable products.

I've been asked by others to do a more detailed technical analisys of Raptor so we are going to do this and also include a few other competing products.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

Regards
magnetman

#28 ·
Do you sell a kit that's less than 2 gallons? You mentioned painting plastic flares.. a lot of people would use it to paint bumpers and rockers and trim and stuff too. A kit with a smaller roller, less liner, and a cheaper price would probably sell decent as a "trim kit" or something.

#29 ·
We do sell single gallons with the catalyst and the rollers are also sold separately but I LIKE YOUR IDEA OF THE "TRIM KIT". :2thumbsup:
Do I have to pay you royalties if this works out??

Do you think that we need to sell it in QUARTS? or is that too little for a small job.

I really need to fig out how much liquid is required for bumpers, rockers and other small trim areas as you say.

#32 · (Edited)
The only thing you really need to purchase is a quart or gallon of MEK solvent and possibly a box of TSP cleaner (trisodium phosphate)

Please this page link
Under photo lists everything needed that most people already have.
Optional list is things to make life easier.
Monstaliner Kit Contents + What Else Needed

Regards
magnetman

PS: We got a new testimonial yesterday from New Jersey on a Dodge pickup
Monstaliner Testimonials

#34 ·
If I had the following:

1. New front bumper
2. Enough money
3. Enough time

I would head down to the Island for a few days for application and photography. I'm all for toughening up my stocker's exterior. Especially if it's free :2thumbsup:

EDIT: that being said, I would pay for the 2-gallon kit as well if I had the cash and not the time to be down there for a few days.

#35 ·
interested for when my KOR bumper ever gets paid off

can you paint match? like the raptor?

#38 · (Edited)
Good luck 'selling' the members of this forum on empty babble like "rather unique chemistry" as a price justification.

Since your answers to simple questions imply virtually NO real world application experience of this product, to the point you don't even know the coverage rates or how much product you should package for a trim kit... I have a rather hard time believing you can accurately make product durability claims.

Hell, in your posts here, you don't even know if it'll be a 'few weeks' or a 'few months' until the tintable product is available.

I suggest you do a 'kit' pricing with 125 square feet of coverage product, and include the purchaser's choice of ALL application tools required to roll it on OR a shutz gun for those who prefer to spray it, split into separate smaller packages as per the Raptor product packaging (4 'quarts' once the catalyst is mixed in) - and MATCH the pricing of the Raptor product for an introductory period.

In all honesty... there are HUNDREDS of reviews of Raptor, Duplicolor, Herculiner, and probably some for Rustoleum's roll on truck bedliner products (AVOID the sprayable Rustoleum aersol, it runs and is pathetically thin) available to just the members of this forum... compared to you, who have none...

I personally am concerned about the part of the instructions where I'm supposed to 'scuff up ALL paint surfaces, and don't expose any bare metal'. Why not? will your stuff peel off in sheets, or eat through bare metal?

What about the "Service Temperature: -22ºF to 122ºF" part? The floor of a Jeep above the cat gets well over 122F in the summer in some areas, and use as undercoating, in my case due to a bellyup, would put the product less than 1" above my exhaust in some areas. Will it melt? Drip onto the exhaust and become flammable again? Or just soften? Peel off?

So take a loss (IF, as I'd be surprised to find, you'd BE taking a loss at half your list selling price), put your money where your mouth is, and promo the club to be able to do some honest reviews of your product.

I'd try your stuff IF I could do it at the same cost as the Raptor that I'll otherwise be using... but I can't justify it to myself based on 'the good word' of a guy who's been on the forum since what, yesterday?

Hey, send me a free kit, I'll put your product on one of my flat fenders, and Raptor on the other, and let folks see the difference out on the local trails. Nope, you won't get to supervise the application... but that's a FAR better real world test than letting you cure it in your warehouse, isn't it?

PM if interested

Oh yeah/// since your product must be powermixed... does your kit include an appropriate mixing paddle?

#39 · (Edited)
Good luck 'selling' the members of this forum on empty babble like "rather unique chemistry" as a price justification.
You're a rude dude Boodyboy but I'm going to take my time to address your doubts, criticisms and condescending tone.

If you would have read and understood what I wrote, rather than twisting it into your own 3:45 AM rant, I was not justifying price but merely explaining the differences. Our product (kit) contains twice the coating material as a Raptor kit because it was designed to be installed much thicker than the thin coating that Raptor is. Raptor is a very good product but it is different technology than Monstaliner.
And "unique chemistry" is exactly what Monstaliner is. I'm not going to explain it in writing on a forum since I will be revealing what out lab has worked on for a long time to make Monstaliner a very different product than anything else out there.

What makes our product different and "UNIQUE" is that you can pour Monstaliner on 1/2" thick and it will not blister or bubble. I dare you try this with Raptor or any other "paint on" bed liner. This feature eliminates any foul-ups for the non-professional if they happen to leave a heavy spot. No one is really going to attempt to apply 1/2" thick material. But no urethane coating I have ever seen will be tolerant of this. It makes a DIY product "fool proof" fool.

Since your answers to simple questions imply virtually NO real world application experience of this product, to the point you don't even know the coverage rates or how much product you should package for a trim kit... I have a rather hard time believing you can accurately make product durability claims.
We have almost 5 years real world experience with Monstaliner mainly in the pickup truck market. Many trucks done during research and development stages. The product was only formally released for sale 45 days ago. The jeep community is what is new to us so I am not familiar with how much liquid is necessary to coat only a bumper or only fender flares. Furthermore and before you spew any more doubts or criticism, you should know a little more of those who criticise. I have 25 years experience in coatings manufacturing and the company has been in business for 94 years. No one stays around this long if you don't know anything and don't make quality products or stand behind them. You do understand that Monstaliner is a "NEW PRODUCT" and therefore there are limited testimonials from real world users?

Hell, in your posts here, you don't even know if it'll be a 'few weeks' or a 'few months' until the tintable product is available.
Our lab perfected Monstaliner as a black coating. Creating colors and a tintable base will take a little time. If they have it done in 3 weeks or 2 months it will be ready when it's ready. We don't rush things that need close attention as you have rushed to judge us or our product.

I suggest you do a 'kit' pricing with 125 square feet of coverage product, and include the purchaser's choice of ALL application tools required to roll it on OR a shutz gun for those who prefer to spray it, split into separate smaller packages as per the Raptor product packaging (4 'quarts' once the catalyst is mixed in) - and MATCH the pricing of the Raptor product for an introductory period.
Will consider your suggestion but Monstaliner was designed to be a ROLL ON product and it has a 6+ hour pot life. There is no need to package it in 1 liter containers so the user has to mix it 4 times to complete a job. Or 8 times since we are supplying 2 full gallons.

In all honesty... there are HUNDREDS of reviews of Raptor, Duplicolor, Herculiner, and probably some for Rustoleum's roll on truck bedliner products (AVOID the sprayable Rustoleum aersol, it runs and is pathetically thin) available to just the members of this forum... compared to you, who have none...
EVERY PRODUCT IS NEW AT ONE TIME IN ITS LIFE CYCLE.
We have a new testimonial and many more will be coming soon.
New Monstaliner Testimonial

I personally am concerned about the part of the instructions where I'm supposed to 'scuff up ALL paint surfaces, and don't expose any bare metal'. Why not? will your stuff peel off in sheets, or eat through bare metal?
I've read some of your other posts and you sound somewhat intelligent. I'm glad you have enough interest in Monstaliner to read that far into the instructions. So what if we tell people not to sand through their paint? You think too much.

What about the "Service Temperature: -22ºF to 122ºF" part? The floor of a Jeep above the cat gets well over 122F in the summer in some areas, and use as undercoating, in my case due to a bellyup, would put the product less than 1" above my exhaust in some areas. Will it melt? Drip onto the exhaust and become flammable again? Or just soften? Peel off?
It will soften as all coatings will. We have a ceramic filler in Monstaliner that will withstand much more that these temps. What does Raptor do in the conditions you describe?

So take a loss (IF, as I'd be surprised to find, you'd BE taking a loss at half your list selling price), put your money where your mouth is, and promo the club to be able to do some honest reviews of your product.
We are planning a promo to everyone on the forum. I've only been promoting it here for 10 days.

I'd try your stuff IF I could do it at the same cost as the Raptor that I'll otherwise be using... but I can't justify it to myself based on 'the good word' of a guy who's been on the forum since what, yesterday?
You have a bad attitude. You'll have to wait for the promo we release. Might be 1 week or 3

Hey, send me a free kit, I'll put your product on one of my flat fenders, and Raptor on the other, and let folks see the difference out on the local trails. Nope, you won't get to supervise the application... but that's a FAR better real world test than letting you cure it in your warehouse, isn't it?
You think this is all empty babble so go purchase and use Raptor for yourself. There are plenty of people on the forum that will give honest, real world tests and opinions.

PM if interested

Oh yeah/// since your product must be powermixed... does your kit include an appropriate mixing paddle?
Not interested and Yes it does.

See kit contents here: Monstaliner Kit Contents

Any more comments or questions?

We also make this product

Chassis Saver Rust Preventive
Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

#40 ·
Hey,

You are pretty close to me, I may have to swing down and check this stuff out first hand. I will be picking up a LJ shortly as a new project car and the interior will be getting a bedliner of sorts but I haven't decided on which yet. I also have a tuffdesigns front and rear bumper/tire carrier combo that will be needing a coating. I can do a full photography spread when its all done if you would like (Dan Honovich Photography is one of my companies). It would be nice to stock and use for customers at my shop as well (Welcome to). I am very interested in the tintable version when that becomes available. Glad to see another option here on the forums.

Dan

#41 ·
Hi Dan,

I'd be happy to meet with you and if you want to do a professional photo shoot for me on your LJ I'll be happy to give you a free kit.

Let me know when you want to make the trip to Amityville.

Regards
Eric

Hey Boodyboy, see what happens when people are nice :wave:

Does anyone know if they have a middle finger smiley? ok this works :longtongue:

#43 ·
Magnetman,
I would just like to take a minute to apologize for how rude certain replys have been on this thread. Please do not take this as a valid segment of our membership here. I hope that other questions and criticisms will be addressed with more tact and respect from this point forward.
Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.