Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 502 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #7516
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Agreed

Got any dry pics yet, reassembled? Outside?
Still getting it all back together. I'll post up a couple more progress pics later today.

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #7517
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
Yea thats my zip/colors
Wonder why they went back.... :/
forwarding orders expired, drunk people typing
US Postal Screwup

Let me know if yours shows up in next day or so
The DBTO requests had been delayed when we ran out of chips but it still seems too long not received

We can remail
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #7518
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
this is very close to the new green
Can't wait , my truck will look nice in that color
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #7519
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

I was gonna ask about a kawasaki green for a project I'm thinkig about... that new green looks like it'll work great.
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #7520
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That grren looks like the factory Mopar color "LimeLight" from the early 70s. Cool color!
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #7521
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

do you think if i placed an order today it could be here by Friday (zip 13905)? really want to paint Friday as its actually suppose to be nice out.
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #7522
Michigan4x4

New guy here... I don't own a jeep but do own a M101A2 3/4 ton military trailer. I came across this thread while researching DIY bed liners for my trailer. Since this thread is current, I have a question for Magnetman.

My Trailer is freshly painted with Military CARC paint. Would I have to prep the bed of the trailer differently because of this paint or can I roll Monstaliner right over the top of the CARC paint? Not sure how much you know about Military CARC but it is pretty coarse to begin with and tough as nails. No clear coat and has a rough feel and appearance.. If your product can be used over the CARC paint with little or no prep, you may want to try and Market over on www.steelsoldiers.com as the guys over there are always looking for a tough bed liner type coating to do the inside of the military vehicles (all of which are painted with CARC).

Sorry I am a bit off topic jeep guys/gals... Hope everyone is ok with this.

Thanks
Jeff
Michigan4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #7523
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

CARC is nothing that special. They are usually 2 component urethanes not unlike automotive paint but made as flat, non-reflective finishes.

They are very engineered because most flat finishes would be porous and these were developed out of the paranoia that our troups could get into a situation where mustard gas or other bio weapons could cling to vehicle surfaces and be difficult to wash off

Probably just need to scuff any CARC and it could be topcoated, BUT I could be wrong because I have never formulated them

PS: Welcome to JeepForum!

PSS: Nothing is off topic here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan4x4 View Post
New guy here... I don't own a jeep but do own a M101A2 3/4 ton military trailer. I came across this thread while researching DIY bed liners for my trailer. Since this thread is current, I have a question for Magnetman.

My Trailer is freshly painted with Military CARC paint. Would I have to prep the bed of the trailer differently because of this paint or can I roll Monstaliner right over the top of the CARC paint? Not sure how much you know about Military CARC but it is pretty coarse to begin with and tough as nails. No clear coat and has a rough feel and appearance.. If your product can be used over the CARC paint with little or no prep, you may want to try and Market over on www.steelsoldiers.com as the guys over there are always looking for a tough bed liner type coating to do the inside of the military vehicles (all of which are painted with CARC).

Sorry I am a bit off topic jeep guys/gals... Hope everyone is ok with this.

Thanks
Jeff
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #7524
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post
do you think if i placed an order today it could be here by Friday (zip 13905)? really want to paint Friday as its actually suppose to be nice out.
If you place the order tonight I will make sure it ships tomorrow, Wed

Not sure if it's 1 or 2 days from sharktown to you but you will get by Fri
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #7525
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

forwarding orders expired, drunk people typing
US Postal Screwup

Let me know if yours shows up in next day or so
The DBTO requests had been delayed when we ran out of chips but it still seems too long not received

We can remail
I will let ya know in a few days if it shows or not
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #7526
Michigan4x4

Quote:
CARC is nothing that special. They are usually 2 component urethanes not unlike automotive paint but made as flat, non-reflective finishes.

They are very engineered because most flat finishes would be porous and these were developed out of the paranoia that our troups could get into a situation where mustard gas or other bio weapons could cling to vehicle surfaces and be difficult to wash off

Probably just need to scuff any CARC and it could be topcoated, BUT I could be wrong because I have never formulated them

PS: Welcome to JeepForum!

PSS: Nothing is off topic here!

Thanks Magnetman.. Looks like I will more than likely be using your product as my liner. Another quick question (which may have been covered in the 500 pages of this thread), Can I roll the Monstaliner over chassis saver? I have two unopened quarts of "Satin" Chassis saver that I purchased locally and was planning on touching up some rusty areas with it.

Lastly, I have done some mods to my trailer and grinded my welds with a grinder and coated them with Rustoleum Rusty metal primer, can the Monstaliner be rolled over that as well?

Thanks for the warm welcome and I appreciate the quick response.

The CARC paint worries me a bit as "the word on the steet" is that nothing will stick to it without taking it completely off and starting from bare metal..

Jeff
Michigan4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #7527
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Monstaliner clings to some crazy stuff.
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #7528
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

A few more progress pics. Still don't have it all back together yet, and can't pull it out of the garage until I order up a new radiator and get it back up and running.

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #7529
98TJKrush
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a suggestion on what respirator to use (brand/type)? I did a few searches but I didn't see anyone point to a specific model. I'm probably going to spray my tub in my garage with the door up and a fan or two going, if that matters.

Looking good Tim!
98TJKrush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #7530
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
If you place the order tonight I will make sure it ships tomorrow, Wed

Not sure if it's 1 or 2 days from sharktown to you but you will get by Fri
2gallons of desert sand!!! thanks again around Saturday ill post up pictures of my xj painted in it!

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.