Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 502 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #7516
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Agreed

Got any dry pics yet, reassembled? Outside?
Still getting it all back together. I'll post up a couple more progress pics later today.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #7517
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
Yea thats my zip/colors
Wonder why they went back.... :/
forwarding orders expired, drunk people typing
US Postal Screwup


Let me know if yours shows up in next day or so
The DBTO requests had been delayed when we ran out of chips but it still seems too long not received

We can remail
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #7518
onelow1ton
Registered User
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spotsylvania, Virginia
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
this is very close to the new green
Can't wait , my truck will look nice in that color
__________________
NEW BUILD 1983 wagoneer bagged and bodydropped Click here for build --> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/bagged-body-dropped-83-wagoneer-build-1858434/#post18262858[/url]
onelow1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #7519
RedlegWJ
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lansing Michigan, Michigan
Posts: 1,523
I was gonna ask about a kawasaki green for a project I'm thinkig about... that new green looks like it'll work great.
__________________
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #7520
USMCBuckWild
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
Posts: 977
That grren looks like the factory Mopar color "LimeLight" from the early 70s. Cool color!
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #7521
bobthecatkiller
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: binghamton, newyork
Posts: 849
do you think if i placed an order today it could be here by Friday (zip 13905)? really want to paint Friday as its actually suppose to be nice out.
__________________
officer: What where you doing down by the river?
me: awww ahhhh awwww exploring?
officer: mudding?
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #7522
Michigan4x4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romeo, Michigan
Posts: 16
New guy here... I don't own a jeep but do own a M101A2 3/4 ton military trailer. I came across this thread while researching DIY bed liners for my trailer. Since this thread is current, I have a question for Magnetman.

My Trailer is freshly painted with Military CARC paint. Would I have to prep the bed of the trailer differently because of this paint or can I roll Monstaliner right over the top of the CARC paint? Not sure how much you know about Military CARC but it is pretty coarse to begin with and tough as nails. No clear coat and has a rough feel and appearance.. If your product can be used over the CARC paint with little or no prep, you may want to try and Market over on www.steelsoldiers.com as the guys over there are always looking for a tough bed liner type coating to do the inside of the military vehicles (all of which are painted with CARC).

Sorry I am a bit off topic jeep guys/gals... Hope everyone is ok with this.

Thanks
Jeff
Michigan4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #7523
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,855
CARC is nothing that special. They are usually 2 component urethanes not unlike automotive paint but made as flat, non-reflective finishes.

They are very engineered because most flat finishes would be porous and these were developed out of the paranoia that our troups could get into a situation where mustard gas or other bio weapons could cling to vehicle surfaces and be difficult to wash off

Probably just need to scuff any CARC and it could be topcoated, BUT I could be wrong because I have never formulated them

PS: Welcome to JeepForum!

PSS: Nothing is off topic here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan4x4 View Post
New guy here... I don't own a jeep but do own a M101A2 3/4 ton military trailer. I came across this thread while researching DIY bed liners for my trailer. Since this thread is current, I have a question for Magnetman.

My Trailer is freshly painted with Military CARC paint. Would I have to prep the bed of the trailer differently because of this paint or can I roll Monstaliner right over the top of the CARC paint? Not sure how much you know about Military CARC but it is pretty coarse to begin with and tough as nails. No clear coat and has a rough feel and appearance.. If your product can be used over the CARC paint with little or no prep, you may want to try and Market over on www.steelsoldiers.com as the guys over there are always looking for a tough bed liner type coating to do the inside of the military vehicles (all of which are painted with CARC).

Sorry I am a bit off topic jeep guys/gals... Hope everyone is ok with this.

Thanks
Jeff
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #7524
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post
do you think if i placed an order today it could be here by Friday (zip 13905)? really want to paint Friday as its actually suppose to be nice out.
If you place the order tonight I will make sure it ships tomorrow, Wed

Not sure if it's 1 or 2 days from sharktown to you but you will get by Fri
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #7525
rodgers3
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: imperial, missouri
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

forwarding orders expired, drunk people typing
US Postal Screwup

Let me know if yours shows up in next day or so
The DBTO requests had been delayed when we ran out of chips but it still seems too long not received

We can remail
I will let ya know in a few days if it shows or not
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #7526
Michigan4x4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romeo, Michigan
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
CARC is nothing that special. They are usually 2 component urethanes not unlike automotive paint but made as flat, non-reflective finishes.

They are very engineered because most flat finishes would be porous and these were developed out of the paranoia that our troups could get into a situation where mustard gas or other bio weapons could cling to vehicle surfaces and be difficult to wash off

Probably just need to scuff any CARC and it could be topcoated, BUT I could be wrong because I have never formulated them

PS: Welcome to JeepForum!

PSS: Nothing is off topic here!

Thanks Magnetman.. Looks like I will more than likely be using your product as my liner. Another quick question (which may have been covered in the 500 pages of this thread), Can I roll the Monstaliner over chassis saver? I have two unopened quarts of "Satin" Chassis saver that I purchased locally and was planning on touching up some rusty areas with it.

Lastly, I have done some mods to my trailer and grinded my welds with a grinder and coated them with Rustoleum Rusty metal primer, can the Monstaliner be rolled over that as well?

Thanks for the warm welcome and I appreciate the quick response.

The CARC paint worries me a bit as "the word on the steet" is that nothing will stick to it without taking it completely off and starting from bare metal..

Jeff
Michigan4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #7527
SideshowBob024
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,106
Monstaliner clings to some crazy stuff.
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #7528
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,587
A few more progress pics. Still don't have it all back together yet, and can't pull it out of the garage until I order up a new radiator and get it back up and running.











__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #7529
98TJKrush
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 63
Anyone have a suggestion on what respirator to use (brand/type)? I did a few searches but I didn't see anyone point to a specific model. I'm probably going to spray my tub in my garage with the door up and a fan or two going, if that matters.

Looking good Tim!
98TJKrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #7530
bobthecatkiller
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: binghamton, newyork
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
If you place the order tonight I will make sure it ships tomorrow, Wed

Not sure if it's 1 or 2 days from sharktown to you but you will get by Fri
2gallons of desert sand!!! thanks again around Saturday ill post up pictures of my xj painted in it!
__________________
officer: What where you doing down by the river?
me: awww ahhhh awwww exploring?
officer: mudding?
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote



Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.