Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#170 · (Edited)
#171 ·
This sounds like a great product. My project though would be to do the tub of my '05 TJ, as well as the inside of the hardtop. Though for the hardtop I would want something lighter in tint, like white. Reason for the inside of the hardtop: I'm thinking with the thickness that this stuff can be applied it would help two areas, more noise reduction, and more insulation for the frigid Canadian Winters.

Damn, I didn't want to add another project to my list :laugh:

#172 ·
I am interested in this stuff. I do have two questions.

1) Since the kit now comes with two gallons and it barely takes one to do the inside of a Jeep, can you do 3 or 4 coats instead of just two in order to get a thicker finished product? I think this would help with noise and heat?

2) I am interested in seeing the difference between this being rolled on and being sprayed on. Again with the thickness.

#175 ·
I am interested in this stuff. I do have two questions.

1) Since the kit now comes with two gallons and it barely takes one to do the inside of a Jeep, can you do 3 or 4 coats instead of just two in order to get a thicker finished product? I think this would help with noise and heat?
Yes, you could mix a single gallon and the pot life is long enough to get 3 coats

2) I am interested in seeing the difference between this being rolled on and being sprayed on. Again with the thickness.
I'm working to set up and spray this week. I'll post some photo comparisons.

Monstaliner will need some reducer to spray correctly and I'll also post my recommendations after I spray.

magnetman

#174 ·
Ok... The job is done, and the interior is back in, I have all of the pics in my thread. I got really excited, so I started putting the interior in again better judgment. I didn't scratch anything though :2thumbsup:

Here is a pic of the finished work. I think it looks amazing.

The bumper:

More photos in the thread, and on my photobucket.

#178 ·
My opinion in no particular order:

1. Protect from rust
2. Ease of cleaning
3. make the surface more durable against abrasion
4. Enhance the look (just looks nicer)
5. Adds value to the vehicle (couldn't think of anything better)

#184 ·
A jeep can be pretty fricken noisy, especially with meaty tires, noise reduction is a good one. My list, no particular order.

1. Ease of Maintenance
2. Rust Protection (winter makes shoes salty, you can spray the underside, but people forget that the water and salt collects in the carpet, that is how mine started to get surface rust)
3. Noise Reduction
4. Better insulation in the winter (colder climates)
5. Protects the surface abrasion. My front floorboards were starting to look rough, and I have less than 20,000 miles.

As for your question about running on pavement with no carpet, I don't know of anyone that does it without a liner. The trans tunnel gets how, and I would imagine that noise from the road AND drive train comes through.

#185 ·
Most people do not put the carpet back after installing a bedliner. I would assume that the noise levels could actually be greater with just a liner installed be it Raptor, Herculiner, Monstaliner, etc.

Can anyone else please jump in here with some more opinions or real world experience?

Thanks
Magnetman

#186 ·
I run with no carpet, took it out to dry and never put it back in. Just waiting on funds to allow getting this stuff. As for noise and heat, a lot more than with just carpet in, especially the heat, I'm in Florida, so it's already hot outside, and without the carpet, the whole floor, and the trans tunnel gets very hot.

#187 ·
You can add as a really good plus factor when buying is a great noise and heat reducer. I know it's not that practical from insides, but it would be really nice!!

Maybe you can think about designing a take-off from a bedliner that is made specifically for inside a vehicle. I don't think many of us will be hauling too much gravel and cement in our Jeeps.

#189 · (Edited)
x2 for the spray tests, If I can get a hold of a shutz gun, I may use it to spray my 4'x8' trailer that is in need of some TLC

Edit: my dad and I were just talking, and we thought of something perfect for spraying. It was mentioned earlier about doing the outside. The box I coated came out almost perfectly smooth, and the roller tray came out more smooth than a baby's bottom. If someone were to spray the tintable version, it could probably make for a very smooth and durable paint job that would definitely hold up to branches and scrapes. Ready to see some new marketing for this stuff as the premier offroad paint (and... spraying 2 thinned out coats may be possible with only 1 can. Even two is a pretty cheap paintjob compared to the cost of automotive paint)

#192 ·
Oops, I meant to post that in Kieth's Super Awesome Life Time Givaway thread.
My mistake

#193 · (Edited)
Well I was looking for a liner to put down in our project K5 blazer at the shop and was debating between herculiner, U-POL and rhinoliner or lineX. There is no budget with this build but I have used the roll on herculiner in the past and was really impressed with it for the money. Then came along Monstaliner and after some discussion/research I was sold and figured we would give it a try. Check out monstaliner.com for more details about the product. The big selling point for me was the finish. I really hated how hard it was to clean the herculiner being how gritty it is. The monstaliner had a much smoother finish more like some of the spray on liners. The kit comes with everything you need and has some very detailed instructions that I highly suggest you reading if its your first time using the product. It will save you a lot of headaches and time while installing the Monstaliner. After having this stuff in our blazer for over a week now I have to say I am pretty impressed with not only the finish but the durability. I will update this thread in the future with how it last long term but I have no doubts it will be holding up great.

All photos were taken by AMCPHOTOS: more pics can be found at http://amcphotos.zenfolio.com/

ONE OF THE FIRST SHOTS WE HAVE OF THE RIG

MONSTALINER AND ULTIMATE COLLISION CENTER :)

ADDING THE CATALYST

MIXING

THE MIXER SUPPLIED WITH THE KIT

SCUFF THE AREA TO CREATE A NICE SURFACE FOR THE MONSTALINER TO BIND TO BUT DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY DOWN TO BARE METAL

CLEAN THE AREA

PRIMER ANY RAW METAL

POUR SOME MONSTALINER INTO THE SUPPLIED TRAY

USE A BRUSH TO GET ANY AREAS THAT WOULD BE DIFFICULT WITH THE SUPPLIED ROLLERS

USING THE SUPPLIED ROLLERS TO LAY DOWN A NICE THICK FIRST LAYER

MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER TO PUT GLOVES ON OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE WEARING MONSTALINER FOR A FEW DAYS

BEFORE

AFTER FIRST COAT BUT STILL WET

AFTER A FEW DAYS OF CURING

#197 ·
Hmm... that would be tough to say, I would think magnetman would be the best to answer this question. 1 gallon is more than enough for the jeep, but they sell it as a 2 gallon kit for trucks for a reason.

#253 ·
Based on my first hand install on 12 to 15 trucks I would not try to skimp on coating for an 8 foot bed. You want to use the whole 2 gallon kit.

Even though you could stretch the coating, you are not creating a thick enough film for the best protection.

In comparison, the reason that a product like herculiner can stretch farther than something like Monstaliner is because Herc is essentially a very thin film. The crumb rubber makes it look thicker but in reality what you have is a bunch of rubber particles glued down in a thin film of coating. The viscosity of Herc is much lower than Monstaliner and it will just spread further. If you thinned down Monstaliner to work more like Herc, you would not get the texture.

Herculiner measures with a film thickness gauge about the same thickness as Monsta but it's a false reading entirely since the probe sits on top of the rubber way above the coating itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.