Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 481 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #7201
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawsix View Post
Funky you say...... now im curious
Trust me it was funky, stayed sticky for 3 days

It needs some different material we don't stock right now

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #7202
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

ok, was supposed to post these a while back, but life has been a little crazy lately. Any ways, we will start with some pics

Tub, just after pulling carpet:
image-582025556.jpg

Tub, again:
image-1866748066.jpg

Tailgate, after:
image-2086939557.jpg

Driver Side, after:
image-649691994.jpg

Behind Drivers Seat, after:
image-2902143618.jpg

My two cents:
Product arrived in the mail shortly after ordering, happy about that. Prep work took the longest to do, and is the most important. I wish I did the second coat thicker to get more of a texture out of it, I though I did but it dried with less texture then when it's wet. I did the whole tub with enough left over to do some smaller projects. If only I had known I would have extra left over, I could've cleaned them and had them ready ahead of time.

Question: If I want to go over certain areas to thicken it up, ie: drivers/passenger area, can I just buy a quart and go over it as is?
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #7203
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Get 1 extra roller and the mini roller kit with foam block.

1 Quart MEK or Acetone at Home Dep or Lowes

Tinyjeep... you mixed that gallon by hand with no drill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
yup, i beat the crap outta it.being over excited and on a tight deadline( only 3 day weekend in sight) think whisking eggs with a knife
i might have used a drill, sorry. Flipping and painkillers will mess with yea head.
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #7204
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Oh man I liked whisking eggs with a butter knife

Got any extras
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #7205
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
Question: If I want to go over certain areas to thicken it up, ie: drivers/passenger area, can I just buy a quart and go over it as is?

Yes, just need to clean and light scuff areas to coat over. You can roll clean lines and gently feather the edges with the roller.
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #7206
WheelinCT
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know if this is even feasible, but is there a way to create a clear non slip type of liner?

Planning a party barge project and would like to coat the floor but keep it clear so you can see the actual flooring we use.
WheelinCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #7207
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelinCT View Post
I don't know if this is even feasible, but is there a way to create a clear non slip type of liner?

Planning a party barge project and would like to coat the floor but keep it clear so you can see the actual flooring we use.
This can be done in different ways but I would not use Monstaliner for that

What material will the floor be made from?
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #7208
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Adding Additional Non-Skid Properties to Monstaliner - 1st Trials

OK, here we go.

This material you see in hand is some sort of ground up plastic. It comes in many different particle sizes. Traditionally, we have used it as an non-skid additive
that either gets broadcast into wet floor epoxy or even mixed into the coating for rolling on the epoxy. It also works very well in gray Chassis Saver,
mixed into the coating and rolled on concrete floors.

I did not like what happens when I mixed it directly into Monstaliner. The mix got too thick to handle and roll correctly. Also because Monstaliner goes down
pretty thick, the particles got burried under the coating and the non-skid effect was not dramatic enough for my liking. It would take too much additive
thus making the Monstaliner almost like peanut butter, so...

I rolled 1 nice coat of Desert Sand tinted ML and broadcast the particles into the wet coating. I let it dry 2 or 3 hours (time will vary at diff temps and time of year)
and then rolled another coat of Desert Sand on top of the particles that were embedded in the first coat. Results below show straight Desert Sand (no aggregate) compared to the test.

I like it ALOT. We have a customer right now in Alaska building a custom wood canoe that will be getting his stuff this week. He is going to use this method to
try the process for himself and I am very anxious to see the results. Spent an hour on phone with him and will speak to him again after packages are received.

We've had sooooo many requests recently from people doing boats I am committed to ironing this out to work with complete documentation. I'm looking to
package the stuff for sale in some kind of shaker jar so it will be easy to use and broadcast as evenly as possible.

I do not suspect this will make a Monstaliner surface any more difficult to clean. As long as the material is broadcast sparingly you will not have any deep pockets to trap dirt.
This was just the first experiment so we will improve it over time.

Opinions - Comments?

Awesome, can't wait to see the results.

I also really like this because we were planning on non-skidding the foot traffic area's but leaving the rest regular ML, and this allows us to decide how much to non-skid or NOT non-skid any area we want. Bad ***.
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #7209
WheelinCT
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

This can be done in different ways but I would not use Monstaliner for that

What material will the floor be made from?
The top floor (or parts of it) we plan to use some marine grade wood/signs we have. We want to put a clear no slip substance on it so you can still see and read the signs.

Just trying to figure out if any of it could actually work or we need to go a more traditional route for the floor.
WheelinCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #7210
codymiguel
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Zombie sunset !

Just ordered my 2 Gallon Tintable kit last night and Starting my sanding and prep work today... Can't wait to get my project under way! Just have to decide what color the interior is going to be.
codymiguel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #7211
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered a full set of the Chips. Will decide what to line the commando in. AND, since hubby got a new compressor he wants to spray it. Better look at some spraying threads lol
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #7212
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Just ordered a full set of the Chips. Will decide what to line the commando in. AND, since hubby got a new compressor he wants to spray it. Better look at some spraying threads lol
i have a few vids of spraying on my build thread... about page 7 i think.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #7213
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome. I'll look that up. I don't know CRAP about spraying or painting, though the DH used to work auto body alot so he has a good idea
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #7214
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelinCT View Post
The top floor (or parts of it) we plan to use some marine grade wood/signs we have. We want to put a clear no slip substance on it so you can still see and read the signs.

Just trying to figure out if any of it could actually work or we need to go a more traditional route for the floor.
The face of the signs where the coating will go, is the graphics or images painted on the wood?
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #7215
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymiguel View Post
Just ordered my 2 Gallon Tintable kit last night and Starting my sanding and prep work today... Can't wait to get my project under way! Just have to decide what color the interior is going to be.
Got that, thanks for the order!

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.