Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #691
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Looks good. It is hard to tell exactly what color it is from the light. It looks like you brushed it on. Does it look flat for being brushed, or does it still have a lot of lines from the strokes?
It has some lines but from the other stuff I painted with the chassis saver over time the lines go away. I have used chassis saver before and we use it at my work. My entire TJ frame is painted with Chassis Saver gloss black. I flows out as it dries.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #692
RanTJWJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The total package

I am interested in the product. I need to know the amount i need for the app.
I have a 98 wrangler. I would like to do the entire interior tub, My New long arm kit from tnt (belly pan and arms, and the frame. How much will i need and what product should i use where.

if i am going to take off the body to do the whole frame i may as well do the under belly and roll cage. PM me and well talk.\

-randy
RanTJWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #693
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexjeepinjoe View Post
It has some lines but from the other stuff I painted with the chassis saver over time the lines go away. I have used chassis saver before and we use it at my work. My entire TJ frame is painted with Chassis Saver gloss black. I flows out as it dries.
That is cool. How shiny does the silver get? A friend of my dad is thinking of shiny up his '55 Chevy some. The storm messed up its car port (the one with the pipes, but it had extra reinforcement), and it dented the roof and hood. When I mentioned that Chassis saver comes in silver and black, and it is cheaper than POR, he was interested. If it flows to a nice smooth finish, and it is shiny, he might be VERY interested.

MagnetMan, how hard it is to spray it? He is used to spraying P.O.R., and I think he might prefer that.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #694
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanTJWJ View Post
I have a 98 wrangler. I would like to do the entire interior tub, My New long arm kit from tnt (belly pan and arms, and the frame. How much will i need and what product should i use where.

if i am going to take off the body to do the whole frame i may as well do the under belly and roll cage. PM me and well talk.\

-randy
For the Tub and suspension parts (minus the springs, you won't want to use a bed liner on that) you would only need 1 gallon. If you check the link in my sig that says Monstaliner, I have a full write up from stripping the interior to putting it back together.

If you are taking the body off and doing the belly and everything, you will want the second gallon. Right now they are giving away a quart of Chassis Saver which will help with any spot that has rust, and you can do the springs with that.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #695
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That is cool. How shiny does the silver get? A friend of my dad is thinking of shiny up his '55 Chevy some. The storm messed up its car port (the one with the pipes, but it had extra reinforcement), and it dented the roof and hood. When I mentioned that Chassis saver comes in silver and black, and it is cheaper than POR, he was interested. If it flows to a nice smooth finish, and it is shiny, he might be VERY interested.

MagnetMan, how hard it is to spray it? He is used to spraying P.O.R., and I think he might prefer that.
I have never tried the Silver just the Grey and the Black. I would say this stuff kicks P.O.R. 15 butt!!

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #696
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ready for the answers from MagnetMan then. It would be interesting to hear (unless he wants to send a sample panel his way).
Unread 03-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #697
tangotag
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am glad I found this thread. I got my order in, just in time.
I have used Herculiner a couple years back on my truck bed.
Monstaliner is going inside the tub on my TJ.
tangotag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #698
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Ok due to weather not much I can do outside so its a good time to do a update on my install with a few pics

Started on a Friday and removed everything, cleaned, sanded and wiped down the inside getting ready for the install

had a good rough surface, figured would be great for the liner.

Saturday morning went out and did a fast wipe down to remove and dust from over night then did the first coat, only mixed Half the liner, went down easy only hard part was all the cut in, easy but took a lot of time, total for first coat was about 1.5 hours, waited 4 hours and checked, still a little tacky so waited another 2 hours, felt great so did second coat. took about an hour, the 1 gallon was plenty for my app. everything looked great

and a close up

checked Sunday and all looked great, Tuesday I went out to check and install the top and seats when I felt the fender wells I found the liner was separated from the metal below, on closer look the liner was bubbled up all over the place and pulling away from the corners(like it was shrinking as it dried) and when I pushed on those areas it cracked

posted a message here and MagnetMan said it looked like the Monstaliner salvent reacted to the old liner, and he would send me another kit to redo the liner. spent about 3o minutes removing the Monstaliner, It just pealed out in big chunks. Only stuck in a few places

spent the next 3 days trying differnt way to clean up what was left, MEK worked but was very slow, wire brush on drill didnt work very well at all, a wire cup on the angle grinder did the trick, only issue was where the Monsta stuck it took it down to metal to get it out(some strong stuff when it sticks)

next step it to remove the drivers seat and finish that area, then wipe down good with MEK to get all the little stuff thats left, then going to use to use the Chassis saver to line the tub then liner, with work and all will be next weekend before I can do the liner, will post again after its done to let you know the outcome. Thanks again for all the help you have given me on this project
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #699
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I found a buyer for my Raptor kit that's sitting there in my garage. So I just put my two orders in, one for the 1 gallon kit and one for the 2 gallon kit, each with a quart of Gloss Black Chassis Saver. Hopefully there are enough rollers to get it all done. By the way, if you send along a sticker or two we can decorate my buddy's shop with them, as we often do.

Actually, do you have little rectangular metal name plates like Ranch Hand and LineX do, that they screw it into the side of the bed and declare what the liner is? If so, go ahead and send one along for the truck. If not, consider making some

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Which ones were you wanting?
Well the 2.5" one since it'd be far less expensive. I would like to know where the 5" cup is, though being almost 10 times the price seems silly...
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #700
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangotag View Post
I am glad I found this thread. I got my order in, just in time.
I have used Herculiner a couple years back on my truck bed.
Monstaliner is going inside the tub on my TJ.
Got it, thanks for the order!

Please take photos so we can see your project.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #701
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanTJWJ View Post

-randy
I would stick with the Monstaliner in the tub and use the Chassis Saver for the frame and underbelly.
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #702
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Silver is not shiny at all. It has a low to medium sheen.

Spray is easy with a regular gun and 10 to 15% reduction with our S8 Multi-Temp Reducer.

What is the guy with the 55 Chevy wanting to paint exactly?
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #703
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

He wants to paint the frame. He loves P.O.R., but when he heard of the price difference, he became interested in the Chassis Saver. Coupled with the fact that people who ave used both prefer the CS, He wanted to know more.
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #704
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
next step it to remove the drivers seat and finish that area, then wipe down good with MEK to get all the little stuff thats left, then going to use to use the Chassis saver to line the tub then liner, with work and all will be next weekend before I can do the liner, will post again after its done to let you know the outcome. Thanks again for all the help you have given me on this project
Please make sure to remove all residue from old coating that was in there.
Unread 03-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #705
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
He wants to paint the frame. He loves P.O.R., but when he heard of the price difference, he became interested in the Chassis Saver. Coupled with the fact that people who ave used both prefer the CS, He wanted to know more.
Chassis Saver has been on the market for almost 20 years. It is chemically the same as POR-15 but sells for 35 to 40% less.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.