Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 03-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #676
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am checking sears right now. I believe like $12 regular price. Probably about $3-$5 wholesale.

Ok... according to the website, $15 online. I am sure they are cheaper than that in person.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #677
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I am checking sears right now. I believe like $12 regular price. Probably about $3-$5 wholesale.

Ok... according to the website, $15 online. I am sure they are cheaper than that in person.
Everything is made in China now
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #678
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check this one out...http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...word=cup+brush

$7. It isn't the biggest, but that is pretty cheap, and would get the job done quickly.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #679
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
That is true. I got my 5 wire brush set for 5.99 at harbor freight

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #680
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not the Craftsman stuff. Everything else is though.

The one we have actually came with the grinder, and that is the only reason we have it. I got it as a Christmas present for my dad for $40. It was a great buy being craftsman rather than the no name brand garbage that burns up in a couple of months.
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #681
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
$7. It isn't the biggest, but that is pretty cheap, and would get the job done quickly.
The wire is aggressive if you need to remove the paint. The nylon + Sil Carb scuffs the paint in seconds. We'll be using these to do some beds in next 2 weeks. Photos and video coming.

A business neighbor of ours has a Chevy S10 EV electric. One of only 490 or so built between 97 - 98. Chevy sold them to electric utility customers for 45K back then. Doing that bed next week and another long bed I have not selected yet.
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #682
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to see it I am telling you, those wire knot brushes are aggressive. If you think you need glasses for a regular grinder, wait till you see one of those bad boys in action. The other nice thing about them is it takes forever for them to wear out. Our entire trailer is like doing an entire frame on a regular truck, and the one cup is still good after doing that. All you will ever need for that truck is one.
Unread 03-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #683
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not the Craftsman stuff. Everything else is though.

The one we have actually came with the grinder, and that is the only reason we have it. I got it as a Christmas present for my dad for $40. It was a great buy being craftsman rather than the no name brand garbage that burns up in a couple of months.
The only craftsman tools made in USA any more are just a few of the mechanics hand tools,all of the power tools and consumables(grinding wheels,brushes,cut blades..etc) are made in china,mexico,dominican republic,taiwan..etc .

One thing to watch for when buying any wire brush wheel for a grinder,make SURE the RPM range on the brush will meet or exceed the power tool RPM range,some of those grinders run at 10,000 RPM and will blow a cheap wire brush apart,,those wires tend to penetrate the skin with ease......

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 05:59 AM   #684
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Mr Viencent

Please tell us how it is going there in Waco

Have you tested that Rustoleum stuff yet?
Sorry I havent posted this week, its been a long week. I ended up going the angle grinder route with the wire cup. Nothing else would take out the Monsta where it stuck and remove the goo from the old liner also. Sorry for no pics,(still havent replaced the stolen one) any where the Monsta stuck had to go to bare metal to remove it(lol some tuff stuff there).
At this point everything is ready for the new liner but still putting the roll cage back in. rain here in Waco this weekend and cold so not much getting done, the plan is to finish the cage sunday and then start the install the end of next week.

A couple questions. first would it be better to use the Chassis saver to line the tub then liner? if so how many coats? I have 1 quart.
The plan will be to Chassis saver Friday night then line first thing Saturday

Got the new kit last night and thanks for the extra roller, will post a few pics next week once its done again
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #685
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The nylon + Sil Carb scuffs the paint in seconds. We'll be using these to do some beds in next 2 weeks.
Would those be available to include when my order ships?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #686
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
Sorry I havent posted this week, its been a long week. I ended up going the angle grinder route with the wire cup. Nothing else would take out the Monsta where it stuck and remove the goo from the old liner also. Sorry for no pics,(still havent replaced the stolen one) any where the Monsta stuck had to go to bare metal to remove it(lol some tuff stuff there).
At this point everything is ready for the new liner but still putting the roll cage back in. rain here in Waco this weekend and cold so not much getting done, the plan is to finish the cage sunday and then start the install the end of next week.

A couple questions. first would it be better to use the Chassis saver to line the tub then liner? if so how many coats? I have 1 quart.
The plan will be to Chassis saver Friday night then line first thing Saturday

Got the new kit last night and thanks for the extra roller, will post a few pics next week once its done again
1 coat will be sufficient. Some people like 2 coats for peace of mind. If you have some bare metal areas you can spot prime those first and add a 2nd coat over those spots when you coat the rest. 1 Quarts CS will cover 90 sq ft total.

Just make sure you coarse scuff the bare metal (no wire cup) before coating.
Unread 03-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #687
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Would those be available to include when my order ships?
I have only 1 of each in the photo except for the smaller drill 2-1/2" brush. Have 3 pcs.

Which ones were you wanting?

The 5" cup I paid $31 with shipping but I have a quote to purchase for resale. Just have not placed order yet. I can show you where to get that one.
Unread 03-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #688
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
1 coat will be sufficient. Some people like 2 coats for peace of mind. If you have some bare metal areas you can spot prime those first and add a 2nd coat over those spots when you coat the rest. 1 Quarts CS will cover 90 sq ft total.

Just make sure you coarse scuff the bare metal (no wire cup) before coating.
thanks for the fast reply, its cold and wet out today so doing this later in the week
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #689
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Chassis saver Floor Grey applied to the bed

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #690
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. It is hard to tell exactly what color it is from the light. It looks like you brushed it on. Does it look flat for being brushed, or does it still have a lot of lines from the strokes?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.