Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 457 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #6841
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
MIDN, BLK, MQG, JUNG, LADY

Mailed on the 15th, look for it Mon-Tues
Sorry for the delay!
No problem! You rock! Your customer service mixed with an amazing product is why you guys will be very busy for a very long time! After the Jeep I'll be doing my Dodge 1500 6ft bed, but the priority is the Jeep for now.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #6842
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Hey guys, I just completed Monstaliner in my CJ tub last night and Thought I'd post some pics. This is an INCREDIBLE product!!!!!! You can see the whole process in my build thread. I started with priming with Silver Aluminum Chassis Saver and then followed up with a second coat of Black Chassis Saver. BTW, the Chassis Saver sprays beautifully in an HVLP gun with the S8 reducer. After the chassis saver was tack free, I applied the Monstaliner. It's so easy to do and once applied, you would swear it was spray applied. It does not leave roller marks behind, it spreads evenly, It's not splotchy, It's just beautiful.

Thanks Eric for the awesome customer service and for what I feel is the most user friendly "Breakthrough" product of the decade.

I have been restoring cars as a hobby for about twenty years now and I have dealt with too many companies that hype up their products and can't deliver in the end with either customer service or the overall claims they make with their products and more often than not, BOTH!

MAGNET PAINTS EVERYONE, THEY KNOW THERE BUSINESS LIKE NO ONE ELSE!!!!!

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #6843
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Magnificent! Thanks for the photos and your kind words!
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #6844
cipher
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm thinking about jumping on the Monstaliner bandwagon. I just posted this thread about coating my new JCR front bumper and soon to get JCR sliders.

There was a post with pictures in this thread where someone thinned the ML with MEK to get a smoother texture. That is the look I am after. With a smoother texture, will Monstaliner provide sufficient grip on the JCR sliders to allow my wife and daughter to use them as a step to get in the Jeep?

Can the gallon can and activator be split in half to save some for a later date?
cipher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #6845
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
I'm thinking about jumping on the Monstaliner bandwagon. I just posted this thread about coating my new JCR front bumper and soon to get JCR sliders.

There was a post with pictures in this thread where someone thinned the ML with MEK to get a smoother texture. That is the look I am after. With a smoother texture, will Monstaliner provide sufficient grip on the JCR sliders to allow my wife and daughter to use them as a step to get in the Jeep?

Can the gallon can and activator be split in half to save some for a later date?
I'm sure Eric will correct me if I am misguiding you in any way when he checks in, but it would be my opinion that you can use half a gallon at a time. I would recommend buying an empty 1 gallon paint can from Home Depot with a lid, pouring half of the gallon into it and maybe solvent float about two cap fulls of MEK solvent on the top so it doesn't skin over. Don't mix in the solvent, just let it float, and seal the lid immediately so as not to introduce too much moisture. Split the can of catalyst in half as well, no solvent needed for the catalyst. I would also use the second half gallon within about six months to be safe.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #6846
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

The job you're referring to was an 82 CJ7 from viencient. He thinned slightly with xylene to roll it. For a smaller job like you are doing I'm not sure I would thin the material. It's a lot more critical over large broad surfaces like a hood.

If you simply roll gently and don't re-roll to pick up the texture as the coating gets tacky you get it to be smoother. What did you think of the photos I posted in your thread. Here they are again.

Yes the gallon can be split to save 1/2 for another time. I have to find the directions I posted here a while ago
black-monstaliner-bumper-p8140618.jpg   black-monstaliner-bumper-p8140611.jpg   black-monstaliner-bumper-p8140615.jpg   subwoofer-xqqjs.jpg  
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #6847
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inovermyhead2 View Post
I'm sure Eric will correct me if I am misguiding you in any way when he checks in, but it would be my opinion that you can use half a gallon at a time. I would recommend buying an empty 1 gallon paint can from Home Depot with a lid, pouring half of the gallon into it and maybe solvent float about two cap fulls of MEK solvent on the top so it doesn't skin over. Don't mix in the solvent, just let it float, and seal the lid immediately so as not to introduce too much moisture. Split the can of catalyst in half as well, no solvent needed for the catalyst. I would also use the second half gallon within about six months to be safe.
Do you want a job?
That's pretty much what I wrote

Edit: Just to explain further to anyone who cares, there's no risk of spoiling Monstaliner catalyst. The system is a reverse 2 component urethane with the moisture sensitive components in the gallon rather than the catalyst.
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #6848
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Do you want a job?
That's pretty much what I wrote

Edit: Just to explain further to anyone who cares, there's no risk of spoiling Monstaliner catalyst. The system is a reverse 2 component urethane with the moisture sensitive components in the gallon rather than the catalyst.
LMFAO, not if I have to move to Alabama. Come on down here to Sunny Florida and sign me up! Maybe I can be your South East Florida Regional Rep. lol

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift

Unread 02-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #6849
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ah ah I got my Monsta! Woohoo now I just need time to do it!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #6850
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

What are you doing Sarah?
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #6851
wildcatxj
1989 XJ Cherokee 

just placed my order. free shipping and free chassis saver too! dang! by the time it gets here maybe i will have my floor pans installed.

thanks magnet man!!!
wildcatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #6852
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
What are you doing Sarah?
Last I heard she is doing her hood I believe with lettering under the ML to create a raised letter effect. Should be very cool if that is still the plan
Unread 02-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #6853
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatxj View Post
just placed my order. free shipping and free chassis saver too! dang! by the time it gets here maybe i will have my floor pans installed.

thanks magnet man!!!
Got it! Thank you in Texas
Unread 02-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #6854
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

Last I heard she is doing her hood I believe with lettering under the ML to create a raised letter effect. Should be very cool if that is still the plan
Now that sounds cool. Now that's got my mind going.

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #6855
cipher
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
The job you're referring to was an 82 CJ7 from viencient. He thinned slightly with xylene to roll it. For a smaller job like you are doing I'm not sure I would thin the material. It's a lot more critical over large broad surfaces like a hood.

If you simply roll gently and don't re-roll to pick up the texture as the coating gets tacky you get it to be smoother. What did you think of the photos I posted in your thread. Here they are again.

Yes the gallon can be split to save 1/2 for another time. I have to find the directions I posted here a while ago
I like the photos a lot. That texture would be great.

Over in my thread, a question was asked on how Monstaliner cleans up. Does is clean up easier than products like Line-x or Herculiner?
cipher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.