Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 441 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #6601
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe
6 days and no posts, that's kinda odd.

Anyhow, I don't remember seeing this anywhere..... My plan was to wait till spring and some warmer weather to do the exterior of my YJ, but we've been having unseasonably warm weather as of late, like low to mid 60's in the day. This delay in winter has me itching to get started, but I'm thinking about the time I start the weather will get cold. My question is if I pull the YJ into the garage rather than doing this outside and use a Mr. Heater to keep the garage warm, would there be any issue with fumes vs. the heater?
I was so tempted to do the same...been almost 3 months now and I can't wait to lay down the road rash on my CJ. Problem solved for me by not having any time over the holidays, but I was also a bit worried about my heater kicking up a bunch of dirt and dust in my garage. Didn't want to accentuate the ML texture with a fine layer of filth. Now I'm just being patient...crossing my fingers for some warm weather over a week off in late March/early April.

Unread 01-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #6602
jchat
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Im sure this question has been answered but I really didnt want to read through 400 something pages of stuff but how much monstaliner would it require to cover the entire exterior of an 4 door XJ. Been wanting to do this for a while just really havent had the funds, but its almost tax time and the $$ will be rolling in!! Thanks
jchat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #6603
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
I was so tempted to do the same...been almost 3 months now and I can't wait to lay down the road rash on my CJ. Problem solved for me by not having any time over the holidays, but I was also a bit worried about my heater kicking up a bunch of dirt and dust in my garage. Didn't want to accentuate the ML texture with a fine layer of filth. Now I'm just being patient...crossing my fingers for some warm weather over a week off in late March/early April.
Doing Road Rash on mine as well Just started a couple of other projects, so I'm likely gonna wait till about the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchat View Post
Im sure this question has been answered but I really didnt want to read through 400 something pages of stuff but how much monstaliner would it require to cover the entire exterior of an 4 door XJ. Been wanting to do this for a while just really havent had the funds, but its almost tax time and the $$ will be rolling in!! Thanks
1 gallon is recommended for inside a wrangler tub, 2 gallons for the exterior. So it's safe to assume you're going to need AT LEAST 2 gallons.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #6604
danlee
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Can I put this product on my fiberglass top, what prep is needed and is the a local rep in northern colorado
Unread 01-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #6605
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlee View Post
Can I put this product on my fiberglass top, what prep is needed and is the a local rep in northern colorado
Yes, you can put it on the top. There are NO local reps, buy it straight from the manufacturer. Good detailed instructions on the website, maybe someone will post the specifics they did with their top, but I believe it's the same as pretty much any other application.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #6606
Yarz
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep, here's what it looks like:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...l#post12630233

1990 White YJ TBI350, SM465, NP231, SOA, RE 1.5" SOA springs, Ford 8.8, D30, 4.10's, JBConversions SYE, XJ shaft, Bilstein 5150s, jb4x4 steering, MORE SS brakelines, 35x12.50 15 MT's, '95 YJ Brake Booster, '78 Grand Marquis MC, ZJ Prop. Valve
Yarz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #6607
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Is there any sort of lead time on these kits or do they ship when ordered like any given product?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #6608
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

For the most part it ships when ordered. Magnet lets us know when stock has been killed and what day new stock will be manufactured.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #6609
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

How do i find that out?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #6610
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ask Magnet what you are looking for. You should be able to PM him, call their phone number, or, even call his personal number if you can find it on here. He has posted it several times in this thread.

Or.... just ask in the next post.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #6611
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm planning on pulling the tub off my frame this spring and sandblasting the underside. I've some rust that that I would like to knock out before it gets nasty.

After blasting, I plan to coat it with CS, then Monstaliner over that. My only concern is heat. I'm afraid that the close proximity of the exhaust to the tub in some spots could cause the Monstaliner to soften. MagnetMan mentions in post 2778 of this thread, that at 200 deg F the liner starts to soften, per their tests with a torch.

Does anyone have experience using Mosntaliner as an undercoating?
Jbecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #6612
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Is there any sort of lead time on these kits or do they ship when ordered like any given product?
Sorry for my absence lately. Working on purchasing some new real estate so we can get out of New York

All orders ship within 2 days of receipt. Occasionally it can be 3 days when we are swamped. I expect this Spring will be very busy.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #6613
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbecker View Post
I'm planning on pulling the tub off my frame this spring and sandblasting the underside. I've some rust that that I would like to knock out before it gets nasty.

After blasting, I plan to coat it with CS, then Monstaliner over that. My only concern is heat. I'm afraid that the close proximity of the exhaust to the tub in some spots could cause the Monstaliner to soften. MagnetMan mentions in post 2778 of this thread, that at 200 deg F the liner starts to soften, per their tests with a torch.

Does anyone have experience using Mosntaliner as an undercoating?
All automotive coatings will soften slightly when exposed to heat over 200 F.
They return to normal when cooled with no adverse effects. In 3 years no one has had any issues with exhaust heat being close to coated surfaces.

Where is mike_breaker_5 he did the underbelly of his tub with black ML
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #6614
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Here is my most prized photo of a hardtop done in Jeep Spice
1980-cj5-dh_jeep-hardtop_spice_100_0266.jpg  
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #6615
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I know it's been posted, but I don't want to go through 440 pages
Could someone post a pic of their int done in the desert sand?
I think that will be the best color for an 02 Sahara(I do have a paint chip from Magnet, just trying to see a completed version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.