Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #646
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Don't forget the mandatory pics when you are done

MagnetMan, I have noticed quite a big number of folks changing the story of "Go with Raptor, don't bother with herc or any of the others." It is amazing how quickly good work got out about this stuff. I take it that sales have increased more than enough to make this new venture worth it. One of the vendors said after about a week that his first few days (as a vendor, he was a member before that) paid for the vendor status alone. It is great to see that JF has the capability to support a mutually beneficial relationship between members and vendors.

Keep up the good work, and get us some picters of Moar Culers

Man I am tired
Ad rates on JeepForum are very reasonable so I never really had doubt that I was making the right decision to get involved here.
But I first knew it would be worth it when Boodyrider jumped on me with hard questions. It's been a great experience and I thank all of you guys greatly.
It's been time consuming but time very well spent!

Yes, Moar Culers are comin soon!

How do we get an article up on the front page like the Upol article?

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #647
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
So magnetman, now that you see what we're talking about in terms of abuse (e.g. in the video, running stuff over rocks and such), would you say Gloss Black Chassis Saver would be a good paint to use on things like axle tubes and control arms and such that would take that kind of abuse? Or would we be better off just rattle-canning it and touching it up periodically?
I'm still thinking about this
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #648
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wish we could do that. I submitted my write-up as an article (there is a process, you have to create an article that is unique with I believe 8 pics and 500 words). Check out this section of the forum: Technical Articles & Write-Ups - JeepForum.com

More specifically here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f140/...ership-349776/

Mine was actually so long that I had to email it to Rustywrangler (one of the mods). I originally shot Keith a pm, but I never heard back (I think I might have sent it to Kieth instead of Keith).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #649
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I'm still thinking about this
Shoot Gerald (provelogear) a pm. According to Blaine, he can destroy an anvil in a room full of sawdust.

He also happens to be a vendor, so maybe you guys could work out a deal for their test mule. I know they won't put stickers or names (hell... they won't even put their own), but I would imagine Gerald wouldn't mind doing kickbacks on products like he does for other manufacturers.

If Gerald puts abuses it and it holds up, there would be nobody who wouldn't listen to that recommendation. Offer him silver he seems to like bling
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:32 AM   #650
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
I want it on the TOP of my rock rails so when my family or I use them, we have traction. I currently have grip tape on there. My rails are powdercoated.
Buy some Rustoleum textured,comes in a rattle can. I used the textured on my rails and the kids can hop right in with no problems when it is raining. It has a nice grip but will not scrape the **** out of you either.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #651
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virmagicus View Post
Buy some Rustoleum textured,comes in a rattle can. I used the textured on my rails and the kids can hop right in with no problems when it is raining. It has a nice grip but will not scrape the **** out of you either.
How textured can a spray paint get? Are there anti-skid particles in it or does the finish just dry like a "hammer" finish we have seen?

Can't see there being any particles since they would have a hard time clearing through the spray tip.
Unread 03-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #652
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I found the easiest way to get a Herculiner like texture (grippier than grip tape, and a LOT thicker). I should have shared this earlier, but I guess this is a good time to share.

Basically, when you lay it down (I did the repair on my bumper, and it was thick so I used a mixing stick to put it on and a putty knife to take it down) you take a foam brush and just tap it and lift it up quickly. If anyone is ambitious enough to come find me, I will show you. Try it out.
Unread 03-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #653
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I found the easiest way to get a Herculiner like texture (grippier than grip tape, and a LOT thicker). I should have shared this earlier, but I guess this is a good time to share.

Basically, when you lay it down (I did the repair on my bumper, and it was thick so I used a mixing stick to put it on and a putty knife to take it down) you take a foam brush and just tap it and lift it up quickly. If anyone is ambitious enough to come find me, I will show you. Try it out.
We have a granular material we are testing as a mix-in, non-skid additive to Monstaliner. It appears white but is really a clear plastic material. Very light weight so it won't settle once mixed into the coating. It probably around 80 grit sandpaper size. Will have details with photos next week.
PROMO RUNS THROUGH MONDAY EVE 3/22
Unread 03-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #654
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I placed my order today! I have been following this thread since the beginning and have to say I am impressed with everything I have been reading. Good on ya as a superb vendor answering all our questions and with the discount this is a no brainer.
I would love to take pics on my progress but I have a nasty a habit to just plod through and admire my work when it is all done. Maybe this time I will take some time.
Cheers,
Bern
bernm8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #655
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernm8r View Post
I placed my order today! I have been following this thread since the beginning and have to say I am impressed with everything I have been reading. Good on ya as a superb vendor answering all our questions and with the discount this is a no brainer.
I would love to take pics on my progress but I have a nasty a habit to just plod through and admire my work when it is all done. Maybe this time I will take some time.
Cheers,
Bern
Got it, Thanks for the order!

Just take before and after shots unless you find someone else to hold the camera.

PS: We are now out of Monstaliner until Tuesday-Wed next week. Orders should start shipping again next Friday.

Thanks everyone for the business!
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #656
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Just order a 2 separate orders. The coupon code only works 1 time per order.
I was about to go ask you about this again, since you'd said to just hang on for now that you'd look into it, but I didn't realize you came back 8 or 9 hours later and edited your post. I'll go ahead and get on that, but for future reference a reply is probably better than going back and editing a previous post, as there's no indication that it's been done unless you go back and check (which few people ever do)...
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #657
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Has anyone painted they're flares with this stuff yet? I'm getting ready to paint mine and am undecided what topcoat I wanna go with.
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #658
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
I was about to go ask you about this again, since you'd said to just hang on for now that you'd look into it, but I didn't realize you came back 8 or 9 hours later and edited your post. I'll go ahead and get on that, but for future reference a reply is probably better than going back and editing a previous post, as there's no indication that it's been done unless you go back and check (which few people ever do)...
Makes sense, sorry about that
Unread 03-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #659
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanlanen View Post
Has anyone painted they're flares with this stuff yet? I'm getting ready to paint mine and am undecided what topcoat I wanna go with.
Not from the JeepForum that I am aware of yet.

This photo is a customer that did his a while ago. I speak with him occasionally and they have held up well. He used the procedure we outline for coating plastic.
http://www.monstaliner.com/images/xl...rangler_73.jpg
Unread 03-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #660
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
it is rustoleum spray can. will take the sand paper too it
also any word on when my stuff shipped?
Mr Viencent

Please tell us how it is going there in Waco

Have you tested that Rustoleum stuff yet?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.