Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 42 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #616
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
I want it on the TOP of my rock rails so when my family or I use them, we have traction. I currently have grip tape on there. My rails are powdercoated.
Monstaliner is not going to give you the kind of traction that you get from grip tape.

MagnetMan

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #617
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
If I want to install this on top of my rock slider rails, what prep do I need to do to the powdercoat to make it all work?
I ride a big fat hog with apes.

Show me what a rock slider rail looks like please.
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #618
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

They are hard core side steps that protect the rocker panel:

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #619
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
They are hard core side steps that protect the rocker panel:
That's what I thought, thanks

I really doubt that any coating will withstand being beaten like that. Don't these bars get the OEM finish chipped or worn off them on a regular basis?
Unread 03-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #620
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They don't really come like that from the factory, and the ones you can get as a dealer accessory are just that: accessories, not proper armor.

That's why most people end up rattle-canning their armor. When it gets scratched and scraped, it's easy to touch up. Some people go this method with powder coating, too, to varying degrees of success depending on the type and quality of the powdercoat (and application process) and how much it's asked to withstand.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #621
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think the biggest part is how hard they are punished, if they play in the big rocks of Johnson Valley, the sliders themselves don't last. Trail riding should hold up, but I think the best thing is still rattle can for easy touch up.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #622
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
They don't really come like that from the factory, and the ones you can get as a dealer accessory are just that: accessories, not proper armor.

That's why most people end up rattle-canning their armor. When it gets scratched and scraped, it's easy to touch up. Some people go this method with powder coating, too, to varying degrees of success depending on the type and quality of the powdercoat (and application process) and how much it's asked to withstand.
So what you are saying is that there are 2 types: show off versions and real armor for the serious enthusiast

You'd have a tough time sandblasting Monstaliner. As far as banging it off against rocks and boulders, who wants to try first?
Unread 03-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #623
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yup... the show off type are Mopar made, and they are black diamond plate.

I KNOW you would have a tough time sandblasting because a wire brush was just attacking the the rust underneath. I have it on my bumper, but I don't think I can smash it on anything well enough to take the liner off. I backed into an ice wall hard trying to see if I could do damage, and it just pushed the top half of the wall back. I can't find any rocks that I can just run into.
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #624
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
So what you are saying is that there are 2 types: show off versions and real armor for the serious enthusiast

You'd have a tough time sandblasting Monstaliner. As far as banging it off against rocks and boulders, who wants to try first?
Send a PM to Gerald (provelogear on JF) about this product. He has bedliner in his Jeep, but hates what he has. I'm sure you guys could work something out, and he is in JV a lot and would surely bang them up enough. He would most definitely make it wear off.
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #625
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Send a PM to Gerald (provelogear on JF) about this product. He has bedliner in his Jeep, but hates what he has. I'm sure you guys could work something out, and he is in JV a lot and would surely bang them up enough. He would most definitely make it wear off.
That is actually a pretty good idea. Talk to him or mrblaine (you might get a better response from Gerald, and he is even vendor too).

You could help out the Moderator Jerry Bansford when he gets his new Jeep (His was stolen a couple of weeks ago).
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #626
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
he is in JV a lot and would surely bang them up enough. He would most definitely make it wear off.
Yes. This is true.

YouTube - Gerald in the rocks at JV
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #627
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Ok should have the old liner out by friday. any word on when my replacement shipped?
also thinking about doing the roll cage this time also, currently it is painted with rustoleum, what prep would I need todo for the cage?
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #628
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
Ok should have the old liner out by friday. any word on when my replacement shipped?
also thinking about doing the roll cage this time also, currently it is painted with rustoleum, what prep would I need todo for the cage?
Same prep for the cage as the body It is all metal
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #629
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

so just scuff the paint a little MEK and good togo? lol dont want to try and strip it after also
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #630
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I put some on the front of my Rubicon rock rails, due to a little rust. I put it on with a brush and it went on pretty smooth. It is about three weeks old and looks great. I have been on a few gravel roads and there isn't even a nick. I just sanded down the rust, hit it with some acetone, and applied. This stuff is the real shidizzle!
monstaliner-lj-009.jpg  

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.