Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 413 - JeepForum.com
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6181 of 13541 Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCDoc View Post
Finally done with exterior and got it all put back together.. Next up is the interior after i finished cleanin out the old crapy rattle can liner
Looks awesome! Very nice job

Got any more closeup pics maybe at some angles showing the texture?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Manufacturers of CHASSIS SAVERô Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 13541 Old 10-26-2011, 10:06 PM
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

Looks awesome! Very nice job

Got any more closeup pics maybe at some angles showing the texture?
I can get some tommorrow sure.. Any requests on locations or will a smattering of random pics showing texture do?
post #6183 of 13541 Old 10-26-2011, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I can get some tommorrow sure.. Any requests on locations or will a smattering of random pics showing texture do?
Random stuff maybe looking down the side, closeup across the grill
Whatever you think

Thanks!

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #6184 of 13541 Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 PM
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

random stuff maybe looking down the side, closeup across the grill
whatever you think

thanks!
10-4
post #6185 of 13541 Old 10-26-2011, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
10-4
Forgot to ask, did it take the whole quart of Universal primer to do that?

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #6186 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 AM
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Forgot to ask, did it take the whole quart of Universal primer to do that?
No just about half.. If i wanted to i coulda done more but i had enough so i did t bother .. Is it still good or is it like ML and has o be used ina certain time frame?.. I still have the left overs of primer
post #6187 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 AM
aallison28

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Not completely smooth but with some waves in it. On the 2nd coat when rolling you don't re-roll and surface comes out smoother.

For spraying you can thin slightly and texture can be minimized but never eliminated. It's bedliner not paint
Do you have, or can you direct me to a close up picture that shows the stuff as smooth as it gets. I really, really like the product but I don't want a real textures surface. And for the money, I don't want to experiment too much since I want the WWII OD and you only have gallons......
post #6188 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 06:44 AM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That came out amazing QCDoc. I would imagine it will be very easy to keep clean compared to my white paint. I got it super white ONCE and probably won't do it again because it required a double wash and a polish. That should get clean, like Magnet said, with just a light scrub brushing and a hose (maybe some soap or simple green or something too).

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!

JFI Member #7:

: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ:
BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s

Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
post #6189 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallison28 View Post
Do you have, or can you direct me to a close up picture that shows the stuff as smooth as it gets. I really, really like the product but I don't want a real textures surface. And for the money, I don't want to experiment too much since I want the WWII OD and you only have gallons......
See here
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...l#post12294208

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #6190 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow QCDoc your Jeep looks INCREDIBLE. I bet it'll be getting a ton more attention now when you take it places...I REALLY like the hood, when you do it in black it will look amazing. And no more sun glare! haha

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

post #6191 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 AM
nufga
2010 JK Wrangler 

Finally finished my monstaliner project and love it. I have to admit that the 1 gallon seems to be cutting it close with the JK compared to the TJ. I didn't get to lay it on as thick as I would have liked, but I also did every inch of the interior as well as the side rails & door sills.

Unfortunately I had to do the project outside so lighting was an issue, on top of running low on monsta, so I didn't get to touch up in the hard-to-get areas as much as I would have liked. If I were to buy a quart of monstaliner to touch-up/thicken certain areas (say, next month), what kind of prep work would entail?

Here's a photo I snapped after my first coat before the sun went down. I'll try to get some higher resolution photos of the final product once the sun comes back out.

Fun project though! Very glad I did it, love the
post #6192 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Glad you like it!

To touch up you just need to clean, light scuff and MEK wipe. Then just roll
Get the mini roller kits and it works well

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufga View Post
Finally finished my monstaliner project and love it. I have to admit that the 1 gallon seems to be cutting it close with the JK compared to the TJ. I didn't get to lay it on as thick as I would have liked, but I also did every inch of the interior as well as the side rails & door sills.

Unfortunately I had to do the project outside so lighting was an issue, on top of running low on monsta, so I didn't get to touch up in the hard-to-get areas as much as I would have liked. If I were to buy a quart of monstaliner to touch-up/thicken certain areas (say, next month), what kind of prep work would entail?

Here's a photo I snapped after my first coat before the sun went down. I'll try to get some higher resolution photos of the final product once the sun comes back out.

Fun project though! Very glad I did it, love the

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #6193 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

I got a few small projects in the warehouse one of which is a jeep hood sent to me by the famous mike_breaker_5 earlier this year

I plan to scuff, prime and then spray half/roll half in the same color ML

Anyone wanting to see a particular color used that has not been seen before?

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #6194 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
Wow QCDoc your Jeep looks INCREDIBLE. I bet it'll be getting a ton more attention now when you take it places...I REALLY like the hood, when you do it in black it will look amazing. And no more sun glare! haha
Thanks, i hope i get compliments, havent been anywere yet lol so well see soon... And i think the hood will get even better when i put a mustang scoop on there before i do the black, i cant stop lookin at the jeep bc it turned out well but then i get bummed bc the blacks not done then excited bc i know i get to do more fun stuff.. The jeep is like a girl, plays games wit ur mind (no offense of course) haha
post #6195 of 13541 Old 10-27-2011, 11:04 AM
mike_breaker_5
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i think pics of the burnt orange have been requested on an exterior.

Ratmonkey donation page. all proceeds will go to his family.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.