Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 411 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 10-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #6151
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

So how much was left of the 1st gallon after 1st coat?

And what about 2nd gal/coat?
After coat 1 about 1/4 a gallon maybe a smidgen more..then i went to town on coat 2 so it was a little less that 1/4 gallon at best if i recall correctly.. I was pressed for time but was able to done and had been workin on it all since 9am on 0 food so my memory was a lil off by the time i de-taped and cleaned up it was 8pm.. Just ur basic 13 hr day haha

QCDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #6152
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCDoc View Post
After coat 1 about 1/4 a gallon maybe a smidgen more..then i went to town on coat 2 so it was a little less that 1/4 gallon at best if i recall correctly.. I was pressed for time but was able to done and had been workin on it all since 9am on 0 food so my memory was a lil off by the time i de-taped and cleaned up it was 8pm.. Just ur basic 13 hr day haha
OK cool. So there's no way anyone is doing an exterior with only 1 gallon?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #6153
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

OK cool. So there's no way anyone is doing an exterior with only 1 gallon?
I dont think so.. If you had a light exterior like white or put down heavy on the white primer you ..MAYBE ...And a big maybe could stretch it but id be afraid the texture would look bad an be shy good solid coverage.. I really slapped it on tho bc even with the primer and decent 1st coat there were hints of underlying dark color so my second coat covered that well.. Id be nervous tryin to stretch 1 gallon.. If u made tintable quarts.. Maybe 1 gallon and 1-2 quarts would be just enough i think in most cases.. But murphys law loves me so i always have extra anything to be safe
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #6154
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^ speaking of murphys law and my luck.. I mixed the first gallon and im ready to spray.. Go to hook up the spray gun and i see it takes a female end connection an all my other air tools have males.. Thanks god my neighbor was home and had one i borrowed or i was screwed haha then After my first coat my compressor kept tripping the breaker randomly.. But brains prevailed and i fixed it and finished b4 dark but it sure was dicey lol
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #6155
Renegade90

Got my samples in the mail today, is that the actual texture of the product as it would dry on metal? Seemed pretty slick, worried it won't have enough grip.
Renegade90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #6156
Sc-CJ
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post

Anyone with suggestions for additional colors? I can see an additional 4 or 6 choices. Thinking about an intense electric, slightly purplish blue and definitely another tan or beige. Maybe another gray darker than Med Quartz?
How quick can you have an intense electric blue up and running? Been thinking hard of doing the exterior of an 84 CJ I'm building in Smurfadelic, but the intense electric blue sounds awsome.

"Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde" Old Gaelic proverb
Sc-CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #6157
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc-CJ View Post
How quick can you have an intense electric blue up and running? Been thinking hard of doing the exterior of an 84 CJ I'm building in Smurfadelic, but the intense electric blue sounds awsome.
Have not really looked yet at possible shades. Did Jeep or Dodge ever have an exterior color you know of that fits this description?
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:20 AM   #6158
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbbryant21 View Post
Does anyone have pictures of there exterior done in burnt orange. I got my chips in the mail today and i'm pretty sure thats what I'm going with.

Thanks
This should be soon. Speaking with someone today with Burnt Orange job in progress
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #6159
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade90 View Post
Got my samples in the mail today, is that the actual texture of the product as it would dry on metal? Seemed pretty slick, worried it won't have enough grip.
That is the actual texture which can vary greatly depeding on application method and tecnique employed.

What colors did you get?

Anyone with opinions of their own experience?
Unread 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #6160
gbbryant21
1991 YJ Wrangler 

awesome thanks
gbbryant21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #6161
gbbryant21
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
How many colors and are you looking for hard lines between the colors?

Roll or spray?
I'm thinking 3 colors and looking for hard lines between and I could spray or roll on depending on whether on work work better then the other
gbbryant21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #6162
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am getting ready to do my interior and also the exterior of my YJ. I would love to see some more examples of completed exterior projects.

If one gallon won't do the entire outside (minus the top) is it possible to do a two tone by utilizing black quarts? Maybe the raised hood section black and the rest of the body a color? I would guess that you would paint both coats of the black; allow it to cure than paint the second color on the body?

How far would one gallon go covering a white exterior? Will I get more coverage by rolling it on or spraying? I would hate to order two gallons and leave a half gallon or more in the can wasted?

MM; have you considered selling complete sample color kits yet (we talked about is on the phone)? I have a few but would like to see some of the other colors up close. The computer screen just does not do them justice.

See ya,

Pat
qlfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #6163
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlfarm
I am getting ready to do my interior and also the exterior of my YJ. I would love to see some more examples of completed exterior projects.

If one gallon won't do the entire outside (minus the top) is it possible to do a two tone by utilizing black quarts? Maybe the raised hood section black and the rest of the body a color? I would guess that you would paint both coats of the black; allow it to cure than paint the second color on the body?

How far would one gallon go covering a white exterior? Will I get more coverage by rolling it on or spraying? I would hate to order two gallons and leave a half gallon or more in the can wasted?
I just did my exterior with white.. It was green factory and i had a solid 1/4 gallon left after first coat and then less than that left after coat 2... So u really need 2 gallons IMO..and i sprayed it on.. And i didnt do the top of the hood with the white bc when i do my interior black ima put black there too.. Thru research and opinions i would do the lighter color first when u do it. Also if your covering and dark color paint on there now with a lighter monsta id recomend using the white universal primer to help lighten it underneath for a good result...look back a few pages i have pics of what i did yesterday to my exterior
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #6164
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Dark Burnt Orange

Far from the best photos with too much light or flash.
Roll bars and bottom edge of windshield frame look closest to reality

Will try to get more outdoor shots as soon as exterior is complete
017.jpg   021.jpg  
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #6165
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

while i got ya here since i got burried at the bottom of a thread lol the orange looks good..

how long after chassis saver minimum on monstalinering. Chassis saver will be brushed inside the beater s10 rod

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.