Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 407 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 10-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #6091
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
xeylol takes off almost everything sticky in my experience.
I used xylol to remove a some adhesive spots on the floor of mine too. Not as much as he's got but time and patience is probably the key.

Quote:
Wonder if that's going to effect reception?

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #6092
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

it shouldnt lol its just the battery cover lol.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #6093
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Crap, you covered up all that pretty welding

Quote:
xeylol takes off almost everything sticky in my experience.

I'm gonna just post a few pics in this thread, the rest are in my floor thread alot of them.

med quartz grey sprayed with the shutz gun available from magnet paint

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #6094
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
Don't really remember, I think it was just a general automotive adhesive, came in a spray can. Its pretty hard.
Are you game to figure out, maybe you can coat over it without removal?
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #6095
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nope no experiment for me

After trying a bunch of chemicals I finally found one that removes most of it. There is still a little left, especially on the sidewalls where I cant let it soak but its not too bad.

Making progress...

Mr.ThunderMakeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #6096
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome, glad it wasn't that much trouble

What did you use to cut the stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
Nope no experiment for me

After trying a bunch of chemicals I finally found one that removes most of it. There is still a little left, especially on the sidewalls where I cant let it soak but its not too bad.

Making progress...

Unread 10-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #6097
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
If Monstaliner was formulated to have the consistency of paint it would lose durability. First off because you could not build film thickness and you would need 8 coats to create a thicker barrier. Would get way expensive

Explain what you are thinking in more detail. I'm always looking for new ideas.
I put CS on my steel bumpers already. I plant to put the ML on next. The bumpers look good as they are and if the CS was UV protected, I would just leave them instead of having the textured/adobe look on them. I also plan to coat my flared portion of the fenders on my WJ and rockers, it would be nice to have the smooth look there if it were available. I'd keep the textured for inside the wheel wells and the body tub. Also the roof area inside the proximity of the luggage rack. Another idea for contemplation might be a true flat black. It would be cool to have that on either the whole hood or the raised center prtion. Flat to eliminate any glare. Would also be useful for some "tactical" applications...
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #6098
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

use gloss black chassis saver and wait a few weeks, it turns a nice flat black lol
Unread 10-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #6099
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Whats a good psi to set for the shultz gun.. And does playin with the psi effect the texture as far as more or less texture?
QCDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #6100
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCDoc View Post
Whats a good psi to set for the shultz gun.. And does playin with the psi effect the texture as far as more or less texture?
the psi does effect the texture a little, but the nozzle on the guns adjustment really has a ton to do with it, also how you spray it. I was spraying around 60 psi the whole time.
Unread 10-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #6101
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith

the psi does effect the texture a little, but the nozzle on the guns adjustment really has a ton to do with it, also how you spray it. I was spraying around 60 psi the whole time.
Cool, how did u decided how to adjust the nozzle.. Just start sprayin a little then adjust to ur preference?
Unread 10-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #6102
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I started with it all the way in per magnets reccomendation, this is awesome setting, because it comes out nice and smoothe, when I moved to the second coat I played with the nozle coming out about a turn or a half turn and i got a little more texture that way. You'll know right away when you play with it, just spray something random like scrap, I sprayed my parts jeep
Unread 10-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #6103
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet.. Im excited to get started, im startin my exterior tomorrow so im lookin for all the tips i can get lol
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #6104
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I was really nervous that I was gonna screw it up, but its realy easy, the first light coat (if you are spraying) really helps the product not to run when you go for the second coat etc, just dont over do it, and let it properly flash inbetween coats, you'll be really happy with the results, its hard to mess up.
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #6105
nufga
2010 JK Wrangler 

I had used both the scuff pad and a palm sander. It seemed like the scuff pad took too long and the palm sander was way too quick. I ended up using the 3M sanding sponges and they worked perfectly IMO.
nufga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.