If Monstaliner was formulated to have the consistency of paint it would lose durability. First off because you could not build film thickness and you would need 8 coats to create a thicker barrier. Would get way expensive
Explain what you are thinking in more detail. I'm always looking for new ideas.
I put CS on my steel bumpers already. I plant to put the ML on next. The bumpers look good as they are and if the CS was UV protected, I would just leave them instead of having the textured/adobe look on them. I also plan to coat my flared portion of the fenders on my WJ and rockers, it would be nice to have the smooth look there if it were available. I'd keep the textured for inside the wheel wells and the body tub. Also the roof area inside the proximity of the luggage rack. Another idea for contemplation might be a true flat black. It would be cool to have that on either the whole hood or the raised center prtion. Flat to eliminate any glare. Would also be useful for some "tactical" applications...
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
I started with it all the way in per magnets reccomendation, this is awesome setting, because it comes out nice and smoothe, when I moved to the second coat I played with the nozle coming out about a turn or a half turn and i got a little more texture that way. You'll know right away when you play with it, just spray something random like scrap, I sprayed my parts jeep
I was really nervous that I was gonna screw it up, but its realy easy, the first light coat (if you are spraying) really helps the product not to run when you go for the second coat etc, just dont over do it, and let it properly flash inbetween coats, you'll be really happy with the results, its hard to mess up.
I had used both the scuff pad and a palm sander. It seemed like the scuff pad took too long and the palm sander was way too quick. I ended up using the 3M sanding sponges and they worked perfectly IMO.