Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 10-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #46
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
Magnetman,
I would just like to take a minute to apologize for how rude certain replys have been on this thread. Please do not take this as a valid segment of our membership here. I hope that other questions and criticisms will be addressed with more tact and respect from this point forward.
Jeremy
Thanks to all for the vote of confidence.

MagnetMan

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #47
hyperboarder
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So what does happen if you put this on bare metal? Anything bad? As for softening, if I drag my foot on the trans tunnel as I'm getting out of the Jeep after a long wheeling trip, what would happen? Would it pull up? Would I put a footprint in it?

I wish you guys were closer, I'd love to hand over the Jeep for a bit and give your product a try and I appreciate the prompt responses to the questions.
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #48
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
So what does happen if you put this on bare metal? Anything bad? As for softening, if I drag my foot on the trans tunnel as I'm getting out of the Jeep after a long wheeling trip, what would happen? Would it pull up? Would I put a footprint in it?

I wish you guys were closer, I'd love to hand over the Jeep for a bit and give your product a try and I appreciate the prompt responses to the questions.
It will stick to bare metal but I would still prime first with epoxy primer. We make a water base clear epoxy that will work nice or a pigmented solvent automotive grade epoxy.

I'm sure it's going to soften some. What happens to coatings such as Herculiner or Raptor in the situation you are describing?
What temp approx will the surface over the transmission get?

Eric
Unread 10-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #49
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So um... I would love to hand over my Jeep (well do the work myself) and have it in a professional Photo shoot, but I am about 1hour 45min away. Unless... you want to send me a "Trim Kit". I have a new bumper that is primer, an old front bumper, and some side steps that could use a good coat of awesomeness.

In terms of Boodyrider, I don't think he was trying to show a bad attitude. I think he is merely trying to figure out why the product is expensive. I am glad to see you defended yourself, and your product.

Who knows we worked something out, maybe we could do a project. I have no problem being a guinea pig. Actually, if you really want, I would be all for testing a version of the tint. I think tint in Patriot Blue (well, navy), Red, Forest Green, and also a bright yellow would be awesome. Just let me know.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #50
tazzerboy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Please let me know if/when you develop a gray color.
tazzerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #51
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzerboy View Post
Please let me know if/when you develop a gray color.
Will do. I will post a new announcement in the vendor section.

Thanks for your interest!
Unread 10-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #52
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
So um... I would love to hand over my Jeep (well do the work myself) and have it in a professional Photo shoot, but I am about 1hour 45min away. Unless... you want to send me a "Trim Kit". I have a new bumper that is primer, an old front bumper, and some side steps that could use a good coat of awesomeness.

In terms of Boodyrider, I don't think he was trying to show a bad attitude. I think he is merely trying to figure out why the product is expensive. I am glad to see you defended yourself, and your product.

Who knows we worked something out, maybe we could do a project. I have no problem being a guinea pig. Actually, if you really want, I would be all for testing a version of the tint. I think tint in Patriot Blue (well, navy), Red, Forest Green, and also a bright yellow would be awesome. Just let me know.
I'm going to put together a program to get some samples out there very soon.

I need more info on popular Jeep colors. Patriot Blue is already on my list. I was going to purchase some chip charts on eBay but I need to know what are the most common colors.

Hey I don't mind anyone asking hard questions or putting me on the spot. I can handle myself and I've done this before. He just annoyed me. I don't know much about jeeps and I'm here to learn. He just came across like he knew everything before he even asked. I'm happy to share what I know and help. Just ask without being an idiot?
Unread 10-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #53
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think Pat Blue, Silver, Black (obviously), Red (both dark and chili pepper/bright), Yellow, Dark Green, Gold and Grey are probably some of the most common and liked.

Also, how long will you be doing the free kits for photo shooting? If you're up for it in January still (or possibly sooner, pending how my work and school schedules are), I could probably swing down for a few days, after I get a new front bumper.
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #54
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I completly agree with the mentioned colors, well, I don't know how much demand there will be for a gold color. I can't believe I forgot gray/silver
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #55
Goobersbro

How much for a complete do it yourself kit shipped to 95991. Also how much do I need to do the interior of a jeep. Will what is included in the kit be enough???
Unread 10-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #56
Osmosiz
1989 YJ Wrangler 

would love a Metallic Khaki color. what is the dry material like.. is it slightly spongy or is it rock hard? will it absorb shock or just transfer it? could it be applied so it was as thin as raptor's product, or does it need to be considerably thicker in order to reach its strongest properties?
Thanks! wish i could be a tester but im all the way in maine.. oh well

will work for jeep parts
Osmosiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #57
yjjason
X-Y-J-Con

1988 YJ Wrangler 

how about some free stickers , my son (& I ) like your logo let me know i'll PM my address ,also kit $$ shipped to 37757? thanks.(would like dark gray will there be a prise diff. for colors?)
Unread 10-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #58
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
How much for a complete do it yourself kit shipped to 95991. Also how much do I need to do the interior of a jeep. Will what is included in the kit be enough???
Shipping is free. Please look here at pricing
Monstaliner Pricing
Unread 10-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #59
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjason View Post
how about some free stickers , my son (& I ) like your logo let me know i'll PM my address ,also kit $$ shipped to 37757? thanks.(would like dark gray will there be a prise diff. for colors?)
I'm looking for pricing on stickers now. We are going to make shirts and hats as well.

Free shipping to everyone right now in 48 lower.

When colors are ready I'll probably throw it in for same price as black.

The lab is working on this every day now until it's done.
Unread 10-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #60
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmosiz View Post
would love a Metallic Khaki color.
You Sir, are pushing your luck right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmosiz View Post
what is the dry material like.. is it slightly spongy or is it rock hard? will it absorb shock or just transfer it? could it be applied so it was as thin as raptor's product, or does it need to be considerably thicker in order to reach its strongest properties?
Thanks! wish i could be a tester but im all the way in maine.. oh well
Surface is hard. We messed with spongy a long time ago and it gets torn up easy.

Just as strong if thinner. We are testing now if it can be applied thinner to try and use only 1 gallon or 1 + 1/4 gallon to do a jeep. Perhaps keep cost down for those looking to spend less.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.