Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 396 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 10-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #5926
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

OK, so I was looking at the instructions for doing the flares and it says to use the Bulldog adhesion promoter. Could I use 3M Adhesion Promoter? I can't find the Bulldog stuff anywhere local to me and I'd prefer to not have to special order one can and pay shipping etc. Thanks.

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #5927
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeg175 View Post
Just a chirp from the peanut gallery here, but it did come across as:
"you didn't drop everything and get back to me fast enough; so regardless of how great the product is I won't recommend it to anyone merely based on the personal issue I have with you".
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #5928
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I didn't want to blast you guys in the forums , but when people ask me about my liner , I explain how well it works , how easy it was to apply , then I wont tell them who it is from . I work part time at a 4x4 shop and was looking for a new product to get my customers to use , but I think I will work out something with a local company who uses linex or something like that . Thanks for your time . Mike

If that was attitude , I am sorry
Thats a dick thing to say. "I'm gonna not say who my awesome liner is from because I missed out on a can of chassis saver on a shipping oversite, I was further pissed when I waited several months before contacting the creator of the product, via an internet forum, instead of calling the day I recieved my kit and talking directly to a rep"

"do you mean I should have called and talked directly to a rep the moment I failed to recieve something? really? people do that? that sounds stupid. Why would anyone call the place the mad a mistake and see if they would fix it? why wouldnt they just wait a period of time, and send email which is always backed up to any business?"

You suck, as an individual, Common sense says call, talk directly too someone, and go from there. You are whineing because you chose the wrong outlet.

Anyone who knows rough country will say thier customer service superceeds thier product. I emailed them 2 months ago. I still didn't get a response. I waited 3 days on the email, then called. I spoke with a rep and he resolved the issue instantly.

Don't be a tool, admit you were wrong, admit you should have called and talked to a rep, let Eric fix it, and appologize for your attempt at bad press that back fired. Man Up.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:50 AM   #5929
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_blacksmith View Post
thats a dick thing to say. "i'm gonna not say who my awesome liner is from because i missed out on a can of chassis saver on a shipping oversite, i was further pissed when i waited several months before contacting the creator of the product, via an internet forum, instead of calling the day i recieved my kit and talking directly to a rep"

"do you mean i should have called and talked directly to a rep the moment i failed to recieve something? Really? People do that? That sounds stupid. Why would anyone call the place the mad a mistake and see if they would fix it? Why wouldnt they just wait a period of time, and send email which is always backed up to any business?"

you suck, as an individual, common sense says call, talk directly too someone, and go from there. You are whineing because you chose the wrong outlet.

Anyone who knows rough country will say thier customer service superceeds thier product. I emailed them 2 months ago. I still didn't get a response. I waited 3 days on the email, then called. I spoke with a rep and he resolved the issue instantly.

Don't be a tool, admit you were wrong, admit you should have called and talked to a rep, let eric fix it, and appologize for your attempt at bad press that back fired. Man up.

bam bam!

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #5930
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Has anyone tried ML on the exterior? Any pics? My paint job is in pretty rough shape but not really worth fixing as I play hard and will just ruin it again. So I was considering Linex but a its a bit cost prohibitive at this point. Is ML my answer?
Unread 10-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #5931
Mikeg175
2007 JK Wrangler 

I called the day I opened the package , left a message , figured it was a weekend , no biggie , then called on the Monday after I got up , left a message . Then I shot out an email the same day , figured it was a Monday and swamped from the weekend . It wasnt a priority and with things other then my toys on my mind it slipped through the cracks , then a few months later I send a PM wait 10 days , yes 10 days and get no response , but when I post something , I get immediate response and tons of BS .
If sending a PM and waiting 10 days for any kind of response is expecting too much , then maybe I am being needy , but it wasnt a big deal to me and it still isnt . I got NO response of any kind with 2 voicemails , one email and then a few months later I send a PM and wait 10 days , and Im not using common sense ?
I understand s hit happens and I wasnt even worried about the chassis saver till I got an older Jeep which needed it and I was thinking about ordering another kit , so I came here , shot him a PM letting him know I wasnt happy about the missing chassis saver last time and was hoping to receive a ' hey I'll make sure it doesn't happen this time ' Pm back , but after 10 days I received no response till I posted .
I understand that other people are involved and things go badly all the time , but when you are the rep on the forums and rather then sending a quick response back ( which takes 20 seconds ) , you make 10-12 responses after I sent my Pm and only after I post where everyone can see , I get a response . I may be tool , but as a rep , I would assume that rather then attacking a client and saying your attitude was bad , most reps would go ' ok there is something wrong , how can make this work ' .
I deal with real life emergencies all day and all night , 365 days a year , not getting something that I didn't really need was not important to me and still isn't , but a response after 10 days would have made my ego feel better . I do know that I am in constant contact with people who ask me about my Jeep , Tacoma , Excursion all are lifted and look great , when I am asked about the components in the build I am always truthful about the pro's and con's of every part . I will still show off the finish of Jeep and explain how great it works , then tell them to do their research and find which liner will fit their needs .
I never expected anything to be dropped or anything given to me , other then a quick response showing my little order mattered . Thanks for your time and I consider this matter closed
Mikeg175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #5932
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
With all that said, I would like to ask you a question:

In the event that, through a combination of a natural event that affected business AS WELL AS increase orders, if your shipping department where to make the mistake of not including something that was part of the deal...

...and that customer came back and gave you hell because you were trying to recover and keep up from the recent upset and couldn't attend to the situation as fast as the customer wanted. And they said "Yeah, I like this stuff, but I won't tell anybody because my feelings were hurt! In fact, I'll recommend a DIFFERENT product/vendor!". Since this was ALL via online interaction, whether or not it was meant to sound that way; it still sounded like a very spiteful thing to say.

How would you feel?
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #5933
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So you finally got on the band wagon Magnet? So nice to be able to chill anywhere in any position you find comfortable isn't it?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #5934
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
So you finally got on the band wagon Magnet? So nice to be able to chill anywhere in any position you find comfortable isn't it?
Yes it is. Just tired of always sitting at a desk
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #5935
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
OK, so I was looking at the instructions for doing the flares and it says to use the Bulldog adhesion promoter. Could I use 3M Adhesion Promoter? I can't find the Bulldog stuff anywhere local to me and I'd prefer to not have to special order one can and pay shipping etc. Thanks.
I'm going to say probably but no 100% guarantee without testing it
It's not likely that 3M would put out a product that does not work
Just compare their instructions to the Bulldog stuff to see if it seems like a similar product. Let me know if you need help
Unread 10-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #5936
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStephens2 View Post
Sweet sent an email through the site contact addy.
Will you be getting to those soon?
Did I answer your questions emailed? I'm still a bit burried and trying to sort out all unanswered stuff. Maybe resend if i have not replied
Unread 10-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #5937
aallison28

I've read a bunch of pages but still did not find and answer to my question so I'll post........

Can you use this on an exterior of a jeep tub and get a smooth finish? I know it will not look like a painted surface but I'd like it to be smooth. How would I apply it to get a smooth finish?
aallison28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #5938
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallison28 View Post
I've read a bunch of pages but still did not find and answer to my question so I'll post........

Can you use this on an exterior of a jeep tub and get a smooth finish? I know it will not look like a painted surface but I'd like it to be smooth. How would I apply it to get a smooth finish?
I have it on my bumpers, sliders, T&T fenders, grill and hood.
Looks very nice, and takes a lot of abuse.
I personally wouldn't look to make it and smoother than it comes out with the supplied rollers.

JMHO.
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #5939
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallison28

I doubt it... The stickiness and way it's applied is a major factor but it isn't designed to be smooth

Sent from my glowing umbrella while hunting Replicants.
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #5940
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallison28

I Havent actually done it yet but i would assume it would be slightly "smoother" if u sprayed it..i could be totally wrong, but Thats the way ill be doin it to my exterior (and interior), i think itll go faster and easier than having to roll the entire jeep as well

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
QCDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.