Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 391 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #5851
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You are thinking of SarahRose TheBlackSmith. Saradactyl is an XJ owner.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #5852
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yep that's me.

I love it. I'm going to do the entire roll cage with Monsta eventually...it looks amazing AND it keeps the heat down...usually during the summer people would grab the bars and get burned by the metal but the Monsta keeps the metal a pretty ambient temperature. It's nice.

Pics:

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #5853
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah SarahRose is what got me thinking, I had seen the first few pages of her build thread the other week at work when I was supposed to being something constructive...

Anyway, I thought it was pretty bad *** when she rattle canned the RB so I thought it would be awesome in Monsta.

Glad to see you're waaay ahead of me on that one. Looks awesome.

The PO of my jeep had tried to use cheap rollbar covers which I think were from a TJ (wtf man) so I pulled those off and the white paint makes the scratches and dirt that I couldnt clean up look really exaggerated. Another thing added to the Jeep To-Do list!
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #5854
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys! It's been a while, due to my computer being broken (which I fixed) but I came a cross some pics of when I monsta'd my bumper. I don't like the looks of them at all, they are air bubbles in what I think is a large chip of CS. Any idea what happened, Eric?

[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #5855
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That doesn't look right at all. That is the CS? Doesn't look like it was able to grab to the bumper.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #5856
2000GrayTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Might've been applied with too thick of coats, the air gets trapped underneath I noticed this once when sandblasting some dried CS that I applied really thick..
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #5857
jheck74
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any updates on the how-to monsta-line a jeep hardtop?
jheck74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #5858
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'll be back here later tonight. We have been busier than I have ever seen it at this time of year.

Note that our 800# is down for a few days. We switched phone carriers and someting got messed up. Line should be restored late today or tomorrow.

Our main # 631-842-7700 works or my cell 516-313-7865
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #5859
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

That happens when it's applied way too thick
What did that chip come off of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Hey guys! It's been a while, due to my computer being broken (which I fixed) but I came a cross some pics of when I monsta'd my bumper. I don't like the looks of them at all, they are air bubbles in what I think is a large chip of CS. Any idea what happened, Eric?

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #5860
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I had a question on preference.

On application of monstaliner, which I cant wait to do. I'm basically ready now.

The recoat window is 24 hrs, maning If I spray chassis saver and in less than 24 hrs can monstaliner over it.
Do you reccomend this, or should I get the chassis saver down, let it dry fully for say 4 or more days, then come back in and scuff it all down with 50 grit etc. Which would hold up better. I'm not worried about the extra work if it will stick better with less risk of me tearing it up.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #5861
6togo

Quick question how bad is the overspray from the ML when shooting it with a shutz gun? Will it fly in the air like paint/primer just trying to figure how much plastic i need to put up in the garage before shooting this stuff!!
6togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #5862
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you have seen the videos, it really isn't bad. It doesn't hang in the air like paint does, you are more limited to what you would expect from squirting a bottle of ketchup that is just about empty (how it splatters and sprays, and can have an impact area of a couple square feet when shot from a foot or so up).
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #5863
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i found monstaliners weakness.
it also just so happens to be the weakness of about any substance known to man... brake fluid.
i doubt it would have been a problem if i had known that half a container had spilled onto the floor of my jeep. but i can only guess it had been laying where it was for well over a month. it turned the monsta a very rubbery kind of texture. the monsta actually never lost bond with the silver CS that it was sprayed over, the brake fluid took it all off. i now have a spot about the size of my hand to re-prep and then re-coat. i'm sure that all the stuff that has been thrown in and out of my jeep for the last 6 months during the build had made small enough cracks or even chips to allow the brake fluid to work under.
i pressure washed everything today (including my seats) in prep for a very hopeful trip to the inspection station next week. after i towel dried the floor and interior and i went back about 2 hours later i did notice that the remaining monsta around the edges of the affected area had started to regain it's former rigidity. i will check again tomorrow morning to see if it hardened back up even more. just a fyi for anyone that gets the stuff on their monsta job. clean that crap off as soon as you can, lol a month is too long.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #5864
QCDoc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5
.. clean that crap off as soon as you can, lol a month is too long.
So if it goes 3 weeks ill be ok hahah

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
QCDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #5865
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCDoc View Post
So if it goes 3 weeks ill be ok hahah

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
i can neither confirm or deny the affect of any shorter duration of exposure. i can only say that as long as it was on my floor it softened the monsta to the point of blistering off in the section in contact with the brake fluid. lol

i ouldn't expect anything to last against brake fluid, it may have well been the reason for the extinction of the dodo bird.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.