Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #571
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Have you ordered a sample? It actually feels really nice and smooth.

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #572
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

It is very nice and smooth- except for where you maybe lose a brush bristle, or a small chunk of the roller toward the end of one of the coats. Ask me how I know.
84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #573
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
No issues with more coats. I have a panel with at least 30 coats.

QUOTE]
So I can apply two say on Saturday then another two on Sunday? Giving time in between the two? I didn't know whether you could apply more Monsta after the first couple coats have already dried without hindering it's abilities.
Unread 03-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #574
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Have you ordered a sample? It actually feels really nice and smooth.
x2, The material has a nice feel on bare skin, and it offers great insulation. I have posted a full write up and review, and that was one of the things I addressed.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #575
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't gone back through the thread, but i got my sample piece in the mail today. Feels GREAT!!!! But it leads to a few questions:

1. How grippy is it when it gets wet? What can I expect? I do NOT wanna bust my butt climbing up and in with wet or muddy shoes.
2. Do we have pics in this thread with the product applied? Any updated ones?

I'm trailguiding a Jamboree here in Cullman, Alabama in May, and would LOVE to have this installed before then. It will facilitate cleanup and I'm sure it will get a lot of looks while I'm there. Plus if it rains, I won't have to worry about my carpet.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #576
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
I haven't gone back through the thread, but i got my sample piece in the mail today. Feels GREAT!!!! But it leads to a few questions:

1. How grippy is it when it gets wet? What can I expect? I do NOT wanna bust my butt climbing up and in with wet or muddy shoes.
2. Do we have pics in this thread with the product applied? Any updated ones?

I'm trailguiding a Jamboree here in Cullman, Alabama in May, and would LOVE to have this installed before then. It will facilitate cleanup and I'm sure it will get a lot of looks while I'm there. Plus if it rains, I won't have to worry about my carpet.
1. It is really hard to say how grippy it is. I would say it is about as grippy as the factory paint, or any surface that has paint of it (where you would be putting the stuff anyways).

2. That is simple, I did a full write-up with pics, and a review at the end. Here is the link: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/ It is actually the first link if you type in Monstaliner Write Up in Google.

As for cleaning up, this really will help. I took a spray bottle, and just sprayed my bumper with it, and it came off super easily. I have stepped on my bumper when it was wet, and I didn't fear slipping.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #577
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Luck, what would I use the chassis saver for? Is that meant for undercoating or for applying to the paint before I apply the Monstaliner? I haven't been following this thread much (school, work, etc in the way), so I'm playing catch up. My 97 is in good shape where I'd be applying this (interior), but I want to be sure I do this right so I don't hose it up.

What technique did you use for applying to those tight areas (like around the jack storage location and the grooves in the front)?

Looking for your writeup now...
Green Jeep Member #155

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
Unread 03-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #578
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I did post the link the the write up, and it is also in my sig. For the tight areas I used the included roller and brush (as well as an old brush we had laying in the garage).

I didn't get the chassis saver, that is just an extra that is included as a special deal to help get some exposure. I would save it for cleaning up some cancer under the Jeep.
Unread 03-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #579
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I did post the link the the write up, and it is also in my sig. For the tight areas I used the included roller and brush (as well as an old brush we had laying in the garage).

I didn't get the chassis saver, that is just an extra that is included as a special deal to help get some exposure. I would save it for cleaning up some cancer under the Jeep.
Went through your writeup - I forgot I read it!

So basically, prep interior with sanding, wash out, use the MEK to get all junk off the paint, let dry, then go at it...

My carpet was installed with a spray glue, tacky stuff, especially in the back... i wonder if that will pose a problem with sanding or if I could use the MEK first to get that out, then sand, then wash/MEK again...

With Spring here in Alabama, humidity will be close behind, so it is coming on the perfect time to do this. Glad this TJ isn't seeing DD duty any more with my son. I can afford to let it cure the right way. Would curing in sun be better or in the shade of a warm/humid garage out of direct sunlight?

I'd likely do the door sills and go up to the dash base for completeness. Also planning on doing the edge around the tub where I have some good scratches. It'll be under my duster usually, but it should look nice and be protection for that exposed lip around the back. Just have to decide how far up the inside of the tub I want to go. Probably all the way up on the inside just to protect some areas where I've drilled holes for my rockers and side sliders in back. Guess that is just a personal choice. Did you go up your cage at all in back or just around the base?
Green Jeep Member #155

Unread 03-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #580
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The MEK sand MEK process sounds like a good plan. As for the sun versus shade thing, I really have no idea.

Well MagnetMan, I ended up getting that hard top. I am not sure, but I think I might be using the other gallon on the top of that. If I do, my plan is:

Strip the interior of the Jeep again
Spray the inside of the top with the Rustoleum Gloss black that we have
Roll one coat on the top.
While the first coat is drying, put a third coat in the Jeep, on my bumper, and on the frame rails of the trailer
Roll out the second coat on the top
Hit the trailer again with any left over liner

Now for a question, is there a way to get a butter smooth coat? I really want it to look factory, so that means no texture. I am actually surprised at it being in perfect shape for a '97. Would a regular paint roller work, or do I need to get a couple of those really smooth rollers? I still have two of the blue rollers for the tub, so I am not worried about that.

Last edited by LuckRider; 03-13-2010 at 01:04 AM..
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #581
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

ok started pulling the Monstaliner back out and its coming out is big sheets, it turned my old liner to a mushy tar like mess, going to start with the MEK today to get all the rest out
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #582
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good Luck getting the other stuff out.
Unread 03-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #583
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

its turned to powder over night as it dried, can scrap it with my fingernail so dont think it will be too bad with the MEK. on the way to get that if a few minutes
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #584
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck, Viencent. Let us know how it works out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Spray the inside of the top with the Rustoleum Gloss black that we have
You might want to reconsider that. It's going to be like a cave in that Jeep. Interior roofs are generally light colored for a reason. I'd say go with an eggshell brown at the very darkest (I don't remember what your interior color is) or otherwise paint it some shade of white.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #585
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The top right now is white, but I am used to my soft top which is such a dark gray that it is just shy of black. I do see what you are saying now that you mention it. We managed to snag 1 gallon of the oil based paint for just $10, and we have more than half the gallon left over from painting the trailer. I figure if I don't like it I can just get like 2 cans of charcoal gray or something.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.