Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #511
rugz31
1976 CJ7 

just ordered. can't wait to get it and start laying this **** down.

rugz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #512
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade91 View Post
i just got my sample panel and i love the way this stuff feels. i can't wait to put this in my jeep, i just have to finish finals next week.
Maybe they should end mail delivery on Saturdays. I just mailed these on Monday.

There's a few 1993 - 97 Spice photos posted now at Monstaliner.com
Newer charts should arrive in another day and we continue with additional matches.
Working on Patriot Blue tomorrow.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #513
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimitedlou View Post
Installed the Monstaliner over the weekend. It seems to be a pretty good product. Make sure to put it on thick. Also, it would be helpful to have more rollers. The rollers come apart quite quickly and leave pieces in the liner. Make sure you go by the directions and let it dry for a week before using. Especially in cooler weather. Other than that, 1 gallon will do the entire inside of a LJ, with some left over.
Very nice job, Enjoy!
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #514
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugz31 View Post
just ordered. can't wait to get it and start laying this **** down.
Got it, thank you!

Please take photos so we can see your project.

Regards
MagnetMan
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #515
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like that spice is more of a brown than a tan. The newer spice is lighter. Looks good. I am pretty excited to see the Patriot Blue roll out.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #516
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
It looks like that spice is more of a brown than a tan. The newer spice is lighter. Looks good. I am pretty excited to see the Patriot Blue roll out.
You're right the new colors were more tan/beige. The same year of this color we made also had a "dark spice" that was like a UPS truck.

Patriot Blue will be cool. I was messing with an Olive Drab Green last week for the military jeep crowd.

I'm looking forward to the Impact Orange!
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #517
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

At the past 10 days pace, Traffic on Monstaliner.com looks like it can hit 5000 unique visitors for March.

Thanks everyone on JeepForum!
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #518
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you make an olive drab, I am pretty sure there is a forum member that will snatch it up. He has a military inspired Jeep, and he got a lot of parts from old junk yards to make it every authentic.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #519
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

After reading that others had received their sample panels, I checked the mail an surely there was mine. I do like the look and toughness of the product. I will most definitely want to see it in silver. However, I would like to be able to apply mine thicker. Maybe about x2 as thick as these sample pieces.

Seems to be a pretty sweet product. Keep up the work and I'm sure to be buying.
Unread 03-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #520
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
After reading that others had received their sample panels, I checked the mail an surely there was mine. I do like the look and toughness of the product. I will most definitely want to see it in silver. However, I would like to be able to apply mine thicker. Maybe about x2 as thick as these sample pieces.

Seems to be a pretty sweet product. Keep up the work and I'm sure to be buying.
You're gong to need to put a full 2 gallons in there to get that thickness.

I should have silver samples late next week. A few others are considering light gray as an alternate to silver so I just thought to mention it.

Good night to all!
Unread 03-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #521
rugz31
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Got it, thank you!

Please take photos so we can see your project.

Regards
MagnetMan
will do, man! thanks very much!
rugz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #522
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I finally got a wild hair up my *** and decide to pull out the drop-in liner to get a better look at what's underneath. I can't tell what it is, but that's due largely to the fact that I don't know liners that well. It's cheap crap is all I can really tell you. From the way it's coming up, it doesn't even look like they bothered to scuff up the paint before laying it down.

I'll try to get some pics in the daylight, but this is after I hosed it out to get rid of some of the dirt and dust and leaves and such that had gathered underneath the old drop-in over the last few months.

So, what, scrape what I can off with a putty knife, grind the rest off with a wire wheel, scuff up the paint, layer it all with some primer, and then lay down the Monstaliner? Or what? What a pain. I wish they'd just left it bare instead or put in a drop-in liner. The dealership put in the drop-in liner to make it look nicer.

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #523
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Ok an update on my install,did my prep work Friday, Saturday I got up wiped it out well with a towel and water, then let it dry, put down my first coat and let it sit for a little over 5 hours, was still a little tacky after 3 hours but felt great at 5 so did the second coat(wife helped and it went very fast) Sunday we had a little rain so didn't do any thing with it, Monday everything looked and felt great, last night(Wensday) was finishing my new harness install and noticed 2 issues first thing I noticed was the drivers fender well in the back was bubbled( feels like the whole top is just floating on there), that got me to looking over the whole thing and the front area where the hump is located I pressed in one of the bends and it cracked big time, any where there is a bend in looks like the top layer has shrunk and pulled away from the metal and is brittle, here is the pic to took after the second coat. will try and get some new ones when I get home from work today of the problem areas.

Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #524
crazycollinz
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to see the impact orange!
crazycollinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #525
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
Ok an update on my install,did my prep work Friday, Saturday I got up wiped it out well with a towel and water, then let it dry, put down my first coat and let it sit for a little over 5 hours, was still a little tacky after 3 hours but felt great at 5 so did the second coat(wife helped and it went very fast) Sunday we had a little rain so didn't do any thing with it, Monday everything looked and felt great, last night(Wensday) was finishing my new harness install and noticed 2 issues first thing I noticed was the drivers fender well in the back was bubbled( feels like the whole top is just floating on there), that got me to looking over the whole thing and the front area where the hump is located I pressed in one of the bends and it cracked big time, any where there is a bend in looks like the top layer has shrunk and pulled away from the metal and is brittle, here is the pic to took after the second coat. will try and get some new ones when I get home from work today of the problem areas.

It looks like we have our first casualty. I believe that the coating seen in your "before" photo last week got softened by the solvent in Monstaliner. I should have caught this when you said it was "weak" and scratches off easily. I'll get you out of this but I need to think about it for the day. We may need to speak on the phone.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.