Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #451
bgsxee
2009 JK Wrangler 

Any updates on the additional colors?

Unread 03-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #452
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

21 sales so far from the promo

There's 10 days left

Can everyone looking for colors please PM me and put the name of the color you want in the subject line

Please include the Year and Model of your vehicle in your message

Thanks to everyone for the business!
MagnetMan

Last edited by magnetman; 03-04-2010 at 10:55 PM..
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #453
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsxee View Post
Any updates on the additional colors?
Please see my last message
Unread 03-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #454
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does your special apply to the 1-gallon kit only? I haven't got my sample in the mail yet (then again haven't checked it in a day or two), but I think I'm pretty much sold on it for my truck at least, and probably the Jeep as well. The 2-gallon kit sounds more appropriate for my truck bed though...
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #455
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Does your special apply to the 1-gallon kit only? I haven't got my sample in the mail yet (then again haven't checked it in a day or two), but I think I'm pretty much sold on it for my truck at least, and probably the Jeep as well. The 2-gallon kit sounds more appropriate for my truck bed though...
The special applies to any sale of $119 or more (this is the 1 gallon coating only price)

I have 80 sample chip requests going out between tomorrow and Tuesday so you should have yours 4 or 5 days from then in TX.

Is the truck a long bed?
Unread 03-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #456
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It is not. It's the 6.75' bed on the back of my '07 F250 Crew Cab.
Unread 03-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #457
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
It is not. It's the 6.75' bed on the back of my '07 F250 Crew Cab.
OK, that needs a 2 gallon kit
Unread 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #458
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If 2 gallons can do an 8 foot bed, how much is left over? I would assume enough to coat some things, but I guess not an entire Jeep. 3 gallons might do a bed and 2 jeeps though.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #459
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
If 2 gallons can do an 8 foot bed, how much is left over? I would assume enough to coat some things, but I guess not an entire Jeep. 3 gallons might do a bed and 2 jeeps though.
Should not be any left over. A long bed has 70 to 80 sq ft and because the bed gets different use than a jeep tub we strongly encourage someone doing a long bed to use all the coating, 1 gallon for each coat.

Remember Monstaliner goes down much thicker than Herculiner so you can't compare what they say about needing 1 gallon + 1 quart for a long bed.

I'm going to be doing a few beds in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We plan to be doing photos and video to produce a how-to/training piece. I'm going to tightly document the square footage we get.
Unread 03-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #460
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be watching for those photos and videos with rapt attention
Unread 03-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #461
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

ok starting my install today, removed everything from the inside tub and cleaned it with mineral spirits, the PO sprayed some undercoating on the inside of the tub shortly before I got it, looked great but was very thin and scratches easy, here is a pic of it cleaned out and wiped down, will post again tomorrow after the first coat with a pic and any notes I have on the install
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #462
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Since this liner is UV permanent, it means it will not fade and look ugly after a year? I've been looking at doing a fender cut and laying this monstaliner down to prevent rust in some spots.

Planning on something like this (SaturnICL's rig):

Think 1 gallon of monstaliner will do the job? Think he said he used about a half a gallon of plastikote on this. I'm interested in the promo you got going on!

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #463
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

ok, got it rolled today, couple pointers I found that helped, first don't mix the whole gallon if doing the jeep, I mixed half and put down my first coat and all the edges, next Time I would mix a little over half for the first coat(about 60%) and then the rest for the second coat. I almost didn't have enough to finish the first coat(the area under the back seat was very thin coat), but had plenty for the second coat, even put a third down on the front floor and the back edge hump. only thing missing from the kit was a paint tray, got 2 liners from Lowe's and a second brush after the first coat the one in the kit was toast. over all not counting prep took about 1.5 hours for the first coat and a little under a hour for the second. looks great, here are 2 pics, sorry there not better. got broken into last week and 1 item missing is the camera took these with the phone. first pic is a full shot and the second is a close up of the tail gate

also here is a repost for the before pic
Unread 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #464
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

also will post a new pic tomorrow after its dry
Unread 03-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #465
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
ok, got it rolled today, couple pointers I found that helped, first don't mix the whole gallon if doing the jeep, I mixed half and put down my first coat and all the edges, next Time I would mix a little over half for the first coat(about 60%) and then the rest for the second coat. I almost didn't have enough to finish the first coat(the area under the back seat was very thin coat), but had plenty for the second coat, even put a third down on the front floor and the back edge hump. only thing missing from the kit was a paint tray, got 2 liners from Lowe's and a second brush after the first coat the one in the kit was toast. over all not counting prep took about 1.5 hours for the first coat and a little under a hour for the second. looks great, here are 2 pics, sorry there not better. got broken into last week and 1 item missing is the camera took these with the phone. first pic is a full shot and the second is a close up of the tail gate

also here is a repost for the before pic
Looking good. We're searching for a smaller roller pan to include with the 1 gallon kit in the future.

How long did you let 1st coat dry before 2nd coat was applied?

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.