Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 10-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #31
hyperboarder
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So what else would I need if I wanted to go ahead and use your product to coat my tub? Aside from the tools to pull everything inside that is.

hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #32
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
So what else would I need if I wanted to go ahead and use your product to coat my tub? Aside from the tools to pull everything inside that is.
The only thing you really need to purchase is a quart or gallon of MEK solvent and possibly a box of TSP cleaner (trisodium phosphate)

Please this page link
Under photo lists everything needed that most people already have.
Optional list is things to make life easier.
Monstaliner Kit Contents + What Else Needed

Regards
magnetman

PS: We got a new testimonial yesterday from New Jersey on a Dodge pickup
Monstaliner Testimonials

Last edited by magnetman; 10-17-2009 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: wrong link
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #33
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

I am interested in the undercoating product and the pricing.
Does it have to be overcoated for UV protection like POR-15?
Unread 10-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #34
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If I had the following:

1. New front bumper
2. Enough money
3. Enough time

I would head down to the Island for a few days for application and photography. I'm all for toughening up my stocker's exterior. Especially if it's free

EDIT: that being said, I would pay for the 2-gallon kit as well if I had the cash and not the time to be down there for a few days.
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Tarukai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #35
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

interested for when my KOR bumper ever gets paid off

can you paint match? like the raptor?
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #36
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
I am interested in the undercoating product and the pricing.
Does it have to be overcoated for UV protection like POR-15?
Chassis Saver is $34.75 per quart/$97.50 gallon
Yes it needs to be top coated like the POR

We sell this on eBay, just search "Chassis Saver"
and you can also check this web page for a dealer in your area.
Magnet Paints - Where to buy - Dealers amd Distributors

If no dealer found, you can call our office direct to order.

magnetman
Unread 10-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #37
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
interested for when my KOR bumper ever gets paid off

can you paint match? like the raptor?
We will have colors and tintable, it's just going to be a few months
Unread 10-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #38
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck 'selling' the members of this forum on empty babble like "rather unique chemistry" as a price justification.

Since your answers to simple questions imply virtually NO real world application experience of this product, to the point you don't even know the coverage rates or how much product you should package for a trim kit... I have a rather hard time believing you can accurately make product durability claims.

Hell, in your posts here, you don't even know if it'll be a 'few weeks' or a 'few months' until the tintable product is available.

I suggest you do a 'kit' pricing with 125 square feet of coverage product, and include the purchaser's choice of ALL application tools required to roll it on OR a shutz gun for those who prefer to spray it, split into separate smaller packages as per the Raptor product packaging (4 'quarts' once the catalyst is mixed in) - and MATCH the pricing of the Raptor product for an introductory period.

In all honesty... there are HUNDREDS of reviews of Raptor, Duplicolor, Herculiner, and probably some for Rustoleum's roll on truck bedliner products (AVOID the sprayable Rustoleum aersol, it runs and is pathetically thin) available to just the members of this forum... compared to you, who have none...

I personally am concerned about the part of the instructions where I'm supposed to 'scuff up ALL paint surfaces, and don't expose any bare metal'. Why not? will your stuff peel off in sheets, or eat through bare metal?

What about the "Service Temperature: -22ºF to 122ºF" part? The floor of a Jeep above the cat gets well over 122F in the summer in some areas, and use as undercoating, in my case due to a bellyup, would put the product less than 1" above my exhaust in some areas. Will it melt? Drip onto the exhaust and become flammable again? Or just soften? Peel off?

So take a loss (IF, as I'd be surprised to find, you'd BE taking a loss at half your list selling price), put your money where your mouth is, and promo the club to be able to do some honest reviews of your product.

I'd try your stuff IF I could do it at the same cost as the Raptor that I'll otherwise be using... but I can't justify it to myself based on 'the good word' of a guy who's been on the forum since what, yesterday?

Hey, send me a free kit, I'll put your product on one of my flat fenders, and Raptor on the other, and let folks see the difference out on the local trails. Nope, you won't get to supervise the application... but that's a FAR better real world test than letting you cure it in your warehouse, isn't it?

PM if interested

Oh yeah/// since your product must be powermixed... does your kit include an appropriate mixing paddle?

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.

Last edited by Boodyrider; 10-18-2009 at 01:57 AM..
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #39
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
Good luck 'selling' the members of this forum on empty babble like "rather unique chemistry" as a price justification.
You're a rude dude Boodyboy but I'm going to take my time to address your doubts, criticisms and condescending tone.

If you would have read and understood what I wrote, rather than twisting it into your own 3:45 AM rant, I was not justifying price but merely explaining the differences. Our product (kit) contains twice the coating material as a Raptor kit because it was designed to be installed much thicker than the thin coating that Raptor is. Raptor is a very good product but it is different technology than Monstaliner.
And "unique chemistry" is exactly what Monstaliner is. I'm not going to explain it in writing on a forum since I will be revealing what out lab has worked on for a long time to make Monstaliner a very different product than anything else out there.

What makes our product different and “UNIQUE” is that you can pour Monstaliner on 1/2" thick and it will not blister or bubble. I dare you try this with Raptor or any other "paint on" bed liner. This feature eliminates any foul-ups for the non-professional if they happen to leave a heavy spot. No one is really going to attempt to apply 1/2" thick material. But no urethane coating I have ever seen will be tolerant of this. It makes a DIY product "fool proof" fool.

Quote:
Since your answers to simple questions imply virtually NO real world application experience of this product, to the point you don't even know the coverage rates or how much product you should package for a trim kit... I have a rather hard time believing you can accurately make product durability claims.
We have almost 5 years real world experience with Monstaliner mainly in the pickup truck market. Many trucks done during research and development stages. The product was only formally released for sale 45 days ago. The jeep community is what is new to us so I am not familiar with how much liquid is necessary to coat only a bumper or only fender flares. Furthermore and before you spew any more doubts or criticism, you should know a little more of those who criticise. I have 25 years experience in coatings manufacturing and the company has been in business for 94 years. No one stays around this long if you don't know anything and don't make quality products or stand behind them. You do understand that Monstaliner is a "NEW PRODUCT" and therefore there are limited testimonials from real world users?

Quote:
Hell, in your posts here, you don't even know if it'll be a 'few weeks' or a 'few months' until the tintable product is available.
Our lab perfected Monstaliner as a black coating. Creating colors and a tintable base will take a little time. If they have it done in 3 weeks or 2 months it will be ready when it's ready. We don't rush things that need close attention as you have rushed to judge us or our product.

Quote:
I suggest you do a 'kit' pricing with 125 square feet of coverage product, and include the purchaser's choice of ALL application tools required to roll it on OR a shutz gun for those who prefer to spray it, split into separate smaller packages as per the Raptor product packaging (4 'quarts' once the catalyst is mixed in) - and MATCH the pricing of the Raptor product for an introductory period.
Will consider your suggestion but Monstaliner was designed to be a ROLL ON product and it has a 6+ hour pot life. There is no need to package it in 1 liter containers so the user has to mix it 4 times to complete a job. Or 8 times since we are supplying 2 full gallons.

Quote:
In all honesty... there are HUNDREDS of reviews of Raptor, Duplicolor, Herculiner, and probably some for Rustoleum's roll on truck bedliner products (AVOID the sprayable Rustoleum aersol, it runs and is pathetically thin) available to just the members of this forum... compared to you, who have none...
EVERY PRODUCT IS NEW AT ONE TIME IN ITS LIFE CYCLE.
We have a new testimonial and many more will be coming soon.
New Monstaliner Testimonial

Quote:
I personally am concerned about the part of the instructions where I'm supposed to 'scuff up ALL paint surfaces, and don't expose any bare metal'. Why not? will your stuff peel off in sheets, or eat through bare metal?
I've read some of your other posts and you sound somewhat intelligent. I'm glad you have enough interest in Monstaliner to read that far into the instructions. So what if we tell people not to sand through their paint? You think too much.

Quote:
What about the "Service Temperature: -22ºF to 122ºF" part? The floor of a Jeep above the cat gets well over 122F in the summer in some areas, and use as undercoating, in my case due to a bellyup, would put the product less than 1" above my exhaust in some areas. Will it melt? Drip onto the exhaust and become flammable again? Or just soften? Peel off?
It will soften as all coatings will. We have a ceramic filler in Monstaliner that will withstand much more that these temps. What does Raptor do in the conditions you describe?

Quote:
So take a loss (IF, as I'd be surprised to find, you'd BE taking a loss at half your list selling price), put your money where your mouth is, and promo the club to be able to do some honest reviews of your product.
We are planning a promo to everyone on the forum. I've only been promoting it here for 10 days.

Quote:
I'd try your stuff IF I could do it at the same cost as the Raptor that I'll otherwise be using... but I can't justify it to myself based on 'the good word' of a guy who's been on the forum since what, yesterday?
You have a bad attitude. You'll have to wait for the promo we release. Might be 1 week or 3

Quote:
Hey, send me a free kit, I'll put your product on one of my flat fenders, and Raptor on the other, and let folks see the difference out on the local trails. Nope, you won't get to supervise the application... but that's a FAR better real world test than letting you cure it in your warehouse, isn't it?
You think this is all empty babble so go purchase and use Raptor for yourself. There are plenty of people on the forum that will give honest, real world tests and opinions.

Quote:
PM if interested

Oh yeah/// since your product must be powermixed... does your kit include an appropriate mixing paddle?
Not interested and Yes it does.

See kit contents here: Monstaliner Kit Contents

Any more comments or questions?

We also make this product

Chassis Saver Rust Preventive
Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

Last edited by magnetman; 10-18-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Unread 10-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #40
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey,

You are pretty close to me, I may have to swing down and check this stuff out first hand. I will be picking up a LJ shortly as a new project car and the interior will be getting a bedliner of sorts but I haven't decided on which yet. I also have a tuffdesigns front and rear bumper/tire carrier combo that will be needing a coating. I can do a full photography spread when its all done if you would like (Dan Honovich Photography is one of my companies). It would be nice to stock and use for customers at my shop as well (Welcome to). I am very interested in the tintable version when that becomes available. Glad to see another option here on the forums.

Dan
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #41
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCC View Post
Hey,

You are pretty close to me, I may have to swing down and check this stuff out first hand. I will be picking up a LJ shortly as a new project car and the interior will be getting a bedliner of sorts but I haven't decided on which yet. I also have a tuffdesigns front and rear bumper/tire carrier combo that will be needing a coating. I can do a full photography spread when its all done if you would like (Dan Honovich Photography is one of my companies). It would be nice to stock and use for customers at my shop as well (Welcome to). I am very interested in the tintable version when that becomes available. Glad to see another option here on the forums.

Dan
Hi Dan,

I'd be happy to meet with you and if you want to do a professional photo shoot for me on your LJ I'll be happy to give you a free kit.

Let me know when you want to make the trip to Amityville.

Regards
Eric

Hey Boodyboy, see what happens when people are nice

Does anyone know if they have a middle finger smiley? ok this works
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #42
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds good, as soon as I pick up the LJ I will drop you a pm. I am looking at 3 right now, just trying to decide which one to go with.

Thanks,
Dan
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #43
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Magnetman,
I would just like to take a minute to apologize for how rude certain replys have been on this thread. Please do not take this as a valid segment of our membership here. I hope that other questions and criticisms will be addressed with more tact and respect from this point forward.
Jeremy
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #44
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yea don't worry about the few bad eggs, the majority of us are glad to see you on the forums offering a new alternative.
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #45
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCC View Post
Sounds good, as soon as I pick up the LJ I will drop you a pm. I am looking at 3 right now, just trying to decide which one to go with.

Thanks,
Dan
That's cool, stay in touch

Eric

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.