Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 282 - JeepForum.com
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4216 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
wire wheel with a angle grinder. stripped my bed in about 30 minutes when i did my tub
What was that stuff in your tub when you did it the first time?

I think Herculiner has got to be harder to remove than what you had.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Manufacturers of CHASSIS SAVERô Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4217 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
What was that stuff in your tub when you did it the first time?

I think Herculiner has got to be harder to remove than what you had.
lol true, never did figure out what was in it the first time, the monsta didnt sit will with it and had to remove everything to redo the monsta
post #4218 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbait87 View Post
Does anyone have any good recommendations for what to do if I already have herculiner in my tub? I really doubt I can get this stuff as clean as I want it and am afraid I'm going to have to scrape all of it out. (I've had old oil spill out of an 8.8 when I was hauling it home around the rear seat area) Has anyone had to do this? Is there any better method than just scraping with a putty knife until you hate your life?
Degreaser first for sure to get all the oil out. Lot's of scrubbing and maybe degrease a 2nd time.
Then let's see what it looks like then

Is the Herculiner in poor condition? Lifting, flaking, etc??

Or is it just dirty?

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #4219 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 09:08 PM
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Does anyone have any good recommendations for what to do if I already have herculiner in my tub? I really doubt I can get this stuff as clean as I want it and am afraid I'm going to have to scrape all of it out. (I've had old oil spill out of an 8.8 when I was hauling it home around the rear seat area) Has anyone had to do this? Is there any better method than just scraping with a putty knife until you hate your life?
Swap in a new tub? Maybe a flap disc?

-SupportOurTroops-

High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-Tim View Post
my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
post #4220 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Swap in a new tub? Maybe a flap disc?
It may not need to be removed
Attached Images

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #4221 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 10:16 PM
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It may not need to be removed
lol I posted that before work, so around like 4PM. Stupid ****ing computer.

And wtf is up with the ant? I like the GIF as your avatar, btw.

-SupportOurTroops-

High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles

Quote:
Quote:
post #4222 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 10:18 PM
bhblaine
2001 TJ Wrangler 

should be here thursday. I'm ready.

"Dude, just sell plasma, sperm and blood. Thats what you have to resort to while in the process of a jeep build. " -BHBlaine
post #4223 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
lol I posted that before work, so around like 4PM. Stupid ****ing computer.

And wtf is up with the ant? I like the GIF as your avatar, btw.
Been playing with animation in photoshop. I changed the ant from a white background to match the forum green
Thanks on the avatar

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #4224 of 13541 Old 07-20-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Real good aerial shot. Can you duplicate the same photo from the same angle a few times during and after installation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhblaine View Post
should be here thursday. I'm ready.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #4225 of 13541 Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 AM
stinkbait87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Degreaser first for sure to get all the oil out. Lot's of scrubbing and maybe degrease a 2nd time.
Then let's see what it looks like then

Is the Herculiner in poor condition? Lifting, flaking, etc??

Or is it just dirty?
There are areas around the floorboards that are worn through and a few small places behind the rear seat that are flaking. I'm just really afraid that it won't turn out if I don't get rid of all of it. But I'm loathing the idea of stripping it. It's just been too damn hot to be out in the garage, heat index is supposed to be around 110 for the rest of the week. Damn this southern illinois humidity.
post #4226 of 13541 Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
There are areas around the floorboards that are worn through and a few small places behind the rear seat that are flaking. I'm just really afraid that it won't turn out if I don't get rid of all of it. But I'm loathing the idea of stripping it. It's just been too damn hot to be out in the garage, heat index is supposed to be around 110 for the rest of the week. Damn this southern illinois humidity.
If you wait till it's cooler you could just spread a gallon of paint remover over the whole thing and it should blister up

A messy job by effective and you will probably hate your life anyway until you clean it up. Can do a small test first to see how it works

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #4227 of 13541 Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM
hubs97xj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

How long does it normally take to receive the sample chip?
post #4228 of 13541 Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 AM
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you wait till it's cooler you could just spread a gallon of paint remover over the whole thing and it should blister up

A messy job by effective and you will probably hate your life anyway until you clean it up. Can do a small test first to see how it works
Aircraft Remover + me in closed garage + lots of spray paint and acetone and stuff = .

If you ever need to remove any kind of paint/coating, that aircraft remover is some good stuff.

-SupportOurTroops-

High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles

Quote:
Quote:
post #4229 of 13541 Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubs97xj View Post
How long does it normally take to receive the sample chip?
We've got a large batch of chips mailing tomorrow so you should have it next week

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #4230 of 13541 Old 07-21-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If you ever need to remove any kind of paint/coating, that aircraft remover is some good stuff.
Yeah and when it splashes on your skin feels like man eating ants biting

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.