6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 PM
PowerAdder
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 62
Recommend a place for the shutz? I've been looking around but no luck. Guess I'll have to order online.

PowerAdder is offline  
post #392 of Old 02-21-2010, 10:32 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
Check out your local hardware stores, not a national chain. They usually have the stuff, and they can recommend one. You are probably best off buying a semi decent one used though. My dad asked in one of the local places here, and they said they could order one, but they don't cary them in stock.

Harbor Freight might care some, we don't have one nearby though. You might also find one at lowes or home depot, but they usually don't carry automotive stuff. If the places you go to don't know it as a shutz gun, try undercoating gun.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #393 of Old 02-21-2010, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerAdder View Post
Recommend a place for the shutz? I've been looking around but no luck. Guess I'll have to order online.
Sorry I missed the PM. We need to find you a Schutz gun with a bottle or can to screw up under the gun. You don't need to spend that much. There are guns out there for $70 to 90 that are way overkill. $20 to 30 is fine.

I don't have any in stock yet or I'd help you out.

What have you seen so far online? Anything that come with the can or plastic bottle?

As far as thinning with MEK, 5 to 8%. (6 to 10 ounces for the whole mixed gallon with catalyst)
magnetman is offline  
post #394 of Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I don't know if it helps, but you might be able to steal me and my Jeep for a day for the commercial... I would need to know a day so I could find out. I am available on Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays... Let me know.
I need a truck for this and it's got to have nothing in the bed.

Where else can I post this request?
magnetman is offline  
post #395 of Old 02-21-2010, 10:49 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
As far as thinning with MEK, 5 to 8%. (6 to 10 ounces for the whole mixed gallon with catalyst)
Is it still thick at that point? If I remember correctly, that stuff was extremely thick... almost like syrup.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #396 of Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler
 
LuckRider's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY - 12550
Posts: 9,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I need a truck for this and it's got to have nothing in the bed.

Where else can I post this request?
Check the towing section of the forum... Someone might have a tow rig that is has no liner.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline  
post #397 of Old 02-21-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Is it still thick at that point? If I remember correctly, that stuff was extremely thick... almost like syrup.
Yes it's still thick at this point but it flows better.
And you can go up to 10% MEK as well. You better off underthinning and see how it works. You can always add more but can't take it out.

A schutz gun can spray mayonaise like you would spit it through a straw.

The idea here is to spray small globs and by not thinning Monstaliner the gun won't break it up small enough. You need to play with the pressure and gun distance until you like what you are spraying.

Never try to cover in 1 coat either. Spray 1/2 or 2/3 coverage so you can still see the underlying surface. Wait 45 mins and spray another coat.
magnetman is offline  
post #398 of Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Deacon
Web Wheeler
 
Deacon's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I need a truck for this and it's got to have nothing in the bed.
By all means I'd let you use my F250, but I'm pretty sure the trip from TX isn't going to work
Deacon is offline  
post #399 of Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
By all means I'd let you use my F250, but I'm pretty sure the trip from TX isn't going to work
I'll send you a MapQuest link. Can you be here by Thursday?
magnetman is offline  
post #400 of Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
PowerAdder
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Sorry I missed the PM. We need to find you a Schutz gun with a bottle or can to screw up under the gun. You don't need to spend that much. There are guns out there for $70 to 90 that are way overkill. $20 to 30 is fine.

I don't have any in stock yet or I'd help you out.

What have you seen so far online? Anything that come with the can or plastic bottle?

As far as thinning with MEK, 5 to 8%. (6 to 10 ounces for the whole mixed gallon with catalyst)
I found this one with a cup.. the others i've found had no cup.

Amazon.com: TCPglobal Brand Pneumatic Air Undercoating Gun with Suction Feed Cup: Automotive
PowerAdder is offline  
post #401 of Old 02-22-2010, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerAdder View Post
I found this one with a cup.. the others i've found had no cup.

Amazon.com: TCPglobal Brand Pneumatic Air Undercoating Gun with Suction Feed Cup: Automotive
That's a great price for that! You should get that. And please do me a solid when you receive it. Let me know what markings are on the box and/or gun so I can track these down to purchase for future customers. TCP is just a distributor and they get that somewhere else.
.
.
magnetman is offline  
post #402 of Old 02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
MuddyJeepZJ
Registered User
 
MuddyJeepZJ's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Forked River
Posts: 2,058
I'm in NJ and have an 03 Dodge Ram.

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2003 Dodge Ram 3500
My Build Thread
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline  
post #403 of Old 02-22-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyJeepZJ View Post
I'm in NJ and have an 03 Dodge Ram.
You're 2.5 hrs away. It's up to you. I would do it but we need to keep it 2 days to do it right. If you don't need it for every day we could keep it for a week. Drop it on Saturday and pick it up the next weekend. It would stay parked indoors.
.
.
magnetman is offline  
post #404 of Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
DaleII
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverside/Apple Valley
Posts: 1,503
f you were in Southern California, I would say my Dad would probably let you do his truck.

2005 Silver LJ
DaleII is offline  
post #405 of Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
PowerAdder
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
That's a great price for that! You should get that. And please do me a solid when you receive it. Let me know what markings are on the box and/or gun so I can track these down to purchase for future customers. TCP is just a distributor and they get that somewhere else.
.
.
will do ordered it tonight.
PowerAdder is offline  
Reply

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome